C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New blacked out systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Yes these are very popular and the only headunit we offer in black is the V3 Si-trim.

Most common thing people say when they see the Black kit in person is that it looks like it came from the factory with a s/c installed. Very cool setup.
I vote for "black Oops" series. Great name. Josh told me that most folks would think my alternator was the head unit. He was right...... I think the black with the combo of silver bolts and the silver pully face are perfect. Love mine.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 AM
msousa
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few questions for Josh ! or members

What would it cost me to trade in my polished V3 head unit for the blacked out unit?

Would powder coating my unit be an option , since it does get to fairly high operating temps anyways so to oven bake the coating without dismanteling the unit would that cause any harm

Third question would be have any guys just painted there units with matt black paint and what type of paint have they used exactly

Josh are the units actually powder coated or painted because i can see the brackets look like a difrent black then the head unit ...
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 808 Likes on 532 Posts

the black actually looks nice... almost like it's trying to mimick my TVS
Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by msousa
A few questions for Josh ! or members

What would it cost me to trade in my polished V3 head unit for the blacked out unit?

Would powder coating my unit be an option , since it does get to fairly high operating temps anyways so to oven bake the coating without dismanteling the unit would that cause any harm

Third question would be have any guys just painted there units with matt black paint and what type of paint have they used exactly

Josh are the units actually powder coated or painted because i can see the brackets look like a difrent black then the head unit ...
We do offer a trade-in credit toward upgrading to a new headunit depending on the age and condition of you existing headunit. Email me your SN# off the headunit and I can look up the sold date.

Vortech has these V3 Si's powder coated black when it's a bare case and volute, then assembles them pressing in the bearings, etc. My understanding is that you can't just throw a entire headunit in for power coating. I've seen guys remove the volute for coating and I've seen some pics online of guys that spray can the headunits instead. If you try it, I'd use a high temp engine block spray paint, like from the parts store.

We send our brackets off to be anodized black so that's why they look a little different than the headunit.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Quick Reply: New blacked out systems