C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged A&A Best Decision Ever

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:43 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
It's a disease with no cure. I just try to keep it at bay.
:lo l:
Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Great setup, and nice pics!

Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 04-15-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
RaW Z06
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SFED Z
Awesome!

Is it possible to hit 599 bone stock blower only. Never heard of that....

Either way enjoy
Some LS6 run strong. My dyno run at @ A&A was 584 rwhp and 504 ftlbs of torque. The Lingenfelter high volume fuel pump that came with the kit could not supply enough fuel so we also installed a KB Boost a Pump to keep up.

Last edited by RaW Z06; 04-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LeoLivinLife (06-11-2020)
Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
BlueTeamZ06
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan
When I first put my kit on and got it tuned I raced everything that even looked my way, never gets old.
When you have a race car, everything looks like a race
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To the OP.
Do you think you will be able to pass California emissions ?

Old 04-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Awesome! These cars are so much fun with a SC system on them. How much boost and what pulley size are ya runnin to get those numbers?

Have fun and past posts are correct, its a sickness!

Darion
Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 AM
mooksz06
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcatt
To the OP.
Do you think you will be able to pass California emissions ?

Well, I haven't tested so I dont have a 100% response but....

Because of the design where boost is blowing off when not deep in the throttle and the fact that my mpg has not dropped at cruise (although injector size changed so might not register) I don't see a problem when it comes to passing the sniffer test.

If it is the visual, the headunit is carb and Andy is making the entire kit carb, actually used my car for test fit on some components. So either it passes visual, I change components to new carb stuff, or get registered in a state that has brains like Nevada! Can never understand these ca people at carb, it's all money! I remember back when I had my m5 smogged and the idiot didn't know they came with headers so would pass me!

But look, I'm pretty sure it will pass and Andy gives so much support if I had a problem I know he will help sort it out That's why I like A&A is the support.

Lastly, go put other stuff on the car other than supercharger or even carb stuff and I guarantee a ca smog tech could find something to complain about. Thus it's just not worth worrying about. I paid to have a 700 hp car and that's what I got and Im happy!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

CA is one of the most beautiful states to live in, however if you are boosted, it's the worst state to live in!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 AM
mooksz06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
CA is one of the most beautiful states to live in, however if you are boosted, it's the worst state to live in!

Thanks man, funny on pics cause all are just iPhone but with all the apps they make it's so easy to mess with them too like HDR.
Cheers man

Last edited by mooksz06; 04-15-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Add more info
Old 04-15-2012, 01:04 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

unless you know people.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Originally Posted by mooksz06
Well, I haven't tested so I dont have a 100% response but....

Because of the design where boost is blowing off when not deep in the throttle and the fact that my mpg has not dropped at cruise (although injector size changed so might not register) I don't see a problem when it comes to passing the sniffer test.

If it is the visual, the headunit is carb and Andy is making the entire kit carb, actually used my car for test fit on some components. So either it passes visual, I change components to new carb stuff, or get registered in a state that has brains like Nevada! Can never understand these ca people at carb, it's all money! I remember back when I had my m5 smogged and the idiot didn't know they came with headers so would pass me!

But look, I'm pretty sure it will pass and Andy gives so much support if I had a problem I know he will help sort it out That's why I like A&A is the support.

Lastly, go put other stuff on the car other than supercharger or even carb stuff and I guarantee a ca smog tech could find something to complain about. Thus it's just not worth worrying about. I paid to have a 700 hp car and that's what I got and Im happy!

I know our emissions are brutal here. I think you may be ok when the time comes for a smog check. I also read about A&A applying for CARB certification. That would be awesome.

From what I understand... in 2013 there will be no more sniffer at the tail pipes. It will just be visual and OBD2 plug in.

Last edited by bearcatt; 04-15-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
unless you know people.

Based on the location in your avatar.

I see you went from emissions free Michigan to California strict emissions.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Yes California is a beautiful state with great year round weather but the laws and regulations in general are making the beauty and great weather much less attractive these days.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Based on the location in your avatar.

I see you went from emissions free Michigan to California strict emissions.

Yeah I haven't lived in Michigan since I was 20 years old. I'm 29 now. Never had to worry about it in Michigan I'll be damned if I'm going to start now. everything has a price including emissions testing.

Also I can drive my corvette here year round when it's running. . Couldn't do that in Michigan.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:49 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Yeah I haven't lived in Michigan since I was 20 years old. I'm 29 now. Never had to worry about it in Michigan I'll be damned if I'm going to start now. everything has a price including emissions testing.

Also I can drive my corvette here year round when it's running. . Couldn't do that in Michigan.

I have friends in Michigan and have been there twice in the summer.
I spent all my time in the SE parts of Michigan.

I actually really like Michigan but being born and raised here in southern California, might be hard for me to assimilate to the cold weather. Being 49 might make the adjustment even tougher.

I guess there is a trade off one way or the other...

Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 AM
BlueTeamZ06
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess there is a trade off one way or the other...

Always is wherever you are. On one hand, lots of stuff is more expensive over here and the winters suck.

On the other hand, last week I hit 175mph legally on the Autobahn in convoy with a BMW M Coupe

BTW- at that speed the car was still pulling in 6th gear. I didn't expect that...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:01 PM
mooksz06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Darion
Awesome! These cars are so much fun with a SC system on them. How much boost and what pulley size are ya runnin to get those numbers?

Have fun and past posts are correct, its a sickness!

Darion
They are fun! Too much fun sometimes.

Car has the base kit from A&A which comes with a 3.8 pulley and boost on the gauge reads about 9 or 10psi when full on at readline.

All I know is that it runs great! Like I said, no overheat, no high coolant temp, no oil temps that are crazy. I decided to go with the oil fed supercharger (non self contained) for a few reasons as well. Like the fact that the oil is cooling through my system rather then stuck in the supercharger. Thought that would help some because I was unsure how hot the oil would get now that it passes and cools the supercharger. Well, it works flawlessly.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharged A&A Best Decision Ever

Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I disagree. I've passed smog twice with my A&A s/c. It has a nice CARB id on the head unit....that's all the smog guy needed to see
Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
ChargedGN
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your positive input about going FI as mine is going to ECS in a few weeks for the install and I keep asking myself is this going to be worth the big $$$'s I'm spending on this car

I pre installed my alchy kit and the ARH's should be delivered tomorrow as both will be done before I drop it off.

Hoping to get about the same HP numbers you got, don't think(hoping) I will need more.

Will be installing a clutch next winter to handle the new found power
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Originally Posted by tlove32
I disagree. I've passed smog twice with my A&A s/c. It has a nice CARB id on the head unit....that's all the smog guy needed to see
This is true for a basic setup... My 2004 Z has the top loaded fuel pumps with internal fuel return. In order to keep evaporative emission smog legal ( which they check in Crapifornia ) ... One cannot CORRECTLY build a proper fuel system for anything above 650 rwhp+ ... that would pass the evaporative emissions canister vapor test. Plus there is not a 50 state CARB legal head unit that is good for over 600rwhp. So your basically stuck with the basic setups.

Not to mention that you cannot run longtube headers or radical cams.

Plus you cant legally run turbo(s) other than the STS kits.

Last edited by bearcatt; 04-17-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Supercharged A&A Best Decision Ever