C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ysi + 2.75" pulley = lifting heads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 AM
bradenW
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. Get it apart and identify those parts/salvage everything you can. If you need something I'm sure between all the guys on here we can hook you up with what you need.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bradenW
That sucks. Get it apart and identify those parts/salvage everything you can. If you need something I'm sure between all the guys on here we can hook you up with what you need.
I have 7 good -3.2cc 4.005" wiseco pistons and a eagle 4340 forged crank I can let go cheap if it helps with a rebuild. Probably tons of other **** to. Like Brandon said, you could probably build 10 complete engines with the crap we all have laying around. Best of luck with the repairs.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
...Anymore and your flirting with disaster.

A good builder will ask you for your headstuds and gasket being used and torque down the deck plates to simulate exactly what our heads are going to be torqued down to.

It's just one of those "dot all your i's and cross all your t's" scenario's and things should be fine.
Ah, this reminds me of a story about a fake engine builder I wrote some months ago.

Only, and only trust for those who really do know what they're doing when building engines. I thought I was one of them. Well, no.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of their information and offers to help rebuild my motor!

I will be taking the next few days to figure out what I want to do. Once I have a good direction, I will definitely be hitting people up for some parts!

Quick Reply: Ysi + 2.75" pulley = lifting heads???