C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i hate the thought of caving in...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 08:51 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

worth it - just gotta find the right one
Old 08-01-2018, 09:26 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by _zebra
step 1: ditch that gold-digging troll of a wife. check.
step 2: re-gear truck (cam prep). check.
step 3: deploy. check.
step 4: brake & suspension mods on the car. check.
step 5: deploy again. check.
step 6: buy another house. check.
step 7: finally cam the truck. check.
step 8: marry awesomer woman who supports my vehicular plans because she also enjoys them. check.
step 9: sign more years of my life over to uncle sam to continue getting a paycheck for something i love doing. check.
step 10: work out a deal with new wife between her school loans & my car mods. check.
step 11: revive a 5yr-old thread to resume build plan discussions. check.
step 12: keep the LS1 short block but port the heads (or swap them completely) & blower, install a healthy cam, pulley down, cross fingers for mid-600s... contemplate direct-port meth.
step 13: buy awesome new wife the CTS-V she wants & hope i've got some reusable parts that fit

Best necro post ever...

well done, sir! and Thank You! for your service.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:47 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

haha, thanks.
but the actual point of revival was to spur insightful discussion regarding expectations for capabilities & pitfalls of the new plan.
i've seen one car add just a cam / TFS 225s to make 625hp just fine. another did heads/cam/nitrous for 650.
my plan's to make it breathe as easy as i can with head/valve work, porting the blower tub as best i can to reduce restriction/boost at the same CFM, camming for some better top-end (and of course some lope because it makes me feel warm & giggly), and then spinning it faster to bring the boost back up to 10-12psi.
the end result is hopefully to manage IATs better for the airflow rates & still have a car i can take to a road course without the extra pains/worries some folks've posed regarding the addition of alcohol. i'd be open to hearing experiences so as to make a good decision without blindly dropping another few thousand into something as complicated as direct-port meth on a TVS.

Quick Reply: i hate the thought of caving in...