C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANother issue! Not getting fuel or spark?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Dtownbrown
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANother issue! Not getting fuel or spark?

Pulled plugs, they look more on the lean side, fuel pressure holds at 60lbs under a load, While in neutral I can rev the car up and it stalls at 5000rpms every time and looks like fuel smoke out of the pipes. While driving As soon as I start to enter boost it starts sputtering and will sometimes pull past it or just stall out. Changed plugs, gap @ .28 Changed nothing. Checked over vacuum lines and wiring, nothing seems broke or lose. Turbo's spool up just fine until the sputtering. This is on a 99FRC 408 stroker, twin 62's, dual walbro 225's. etc... So im not exactly sure how to check to see if something is wrong with my igniton, or maybe a sensor? Any ideas would be appreciated?

Im not a tuner so I don't have all the tuning stuff to check everything in the pcm.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtownbrown
Pulled plugs, they look more on the lean side, fuel pressure holds at 60lbs under a load, While in neutral I can rev the car up and it stalls at 5000rpms every time and looks like fuel smoke out of the pipes. While driving As soon as I start to enter boost it starts sputtering and will sometimes pull past it or just stall out. Changed plugs, gap @ .28 Changed nothing. Checked over vacuum lines and wiring, nothing seems broke or lose. Turbo's spool up just fine until the sputtering. This is on a 99FRC 408 stroker, twin 62's, dual walbro 225's. etc... So im not exactly sure how to check to see if something is wrong with my igniton, or maybe a sensor? Any ideas would be appreciated?

Im not a tuner so I don't have all the tuning stuff to check everything in the pcm.
I experienced this a LONG time ago on a boosted C5. Sometimes it would feel great in the RPM range, sometimes it would fall like yours. Nothing else seemed wrong.

We got the car on the dyno and it showed that one of my cylinders was out of wack! Well...even though I had quickly looked over them before...it ended up being a damn plug wire!

If you have checked the plug wires before, don't trust it. I would pull all of them and shoot with a meter to ensure each one is good to go. Mine was visible...it was cooked on the bottom.

One last thing to note...even though it was cooked and in fact causing my problem, it was NOT throwing any codes. Just my .02. Good luck!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Your going to have to get the car to someone who knows what they're doing with your type of vehicle. As y2K stated you can check plug wires. Get a dvom and do an ohm test on each wire.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 07-25-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Your going to have to get the car to someone who knows what they're doing with your type of vehicle. As y2K stated you can check plug wires. Get a dvom and do an ohm test on each wire.
Plus could be a coil going bad at higher rpm,s also.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Dtownbrown
Pro

Whats strange is the car was running great, it broke at the track, trailered it home. Fixed it, then as soon as I get it going again this started, I don't see how a coil pack could go out, although it is possible. And I had two different sets of plug wires on it. And yeah I could take it to someone but im honestly tired of spending money on it. I try to exhaust all my efforts first before taking it to someone.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Dtownbrown
Pro

The transmission broke at the track btw
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Whats strange is the car was running great, it broke at the track, trailered it home. Fixed it, then as soon as I get it going again this started, I don't see how a coil pack could go out, although it is possible. And I had two different sets of plug wires on it. And yeah I could take it to someone but im honestly tired of spending money on it. I try to exhaust all my efforts first before taking it to someone.
Seem like when one part goes out it is down hill for one thing are something else for a time..

Good luck with her man hope it is not long for you to find the problem.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes! Great call on the possiblity of a coil pack! That would cause your problem as well. If you have a buddy that you could swap with...that would be ideal and a quick/no cost way to rule those out!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Dtownbrown
Pro

Okay ill try that... and I forgot to add that I did install a 02 sensor on bank1, it didn't have one before and it was tuned without it so maybe that could cause some disturbance now that its in. But I got the intake off and checking over things so Ill unplug it when I get it back together and see what happens.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

What brand of O2 did you go with? These cars are a little particular on what O2's are installed.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Dtownbrown
Pro

Not sure the brand, one I got from O'riellys
Old 07-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Have your tuner put the car in open loop and see if it does it...that will rule out o2.

I'm with Y2K and crew on plug wire being loose or bad coil. Time for some D585s
Old 07-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Dtownbrown
Pro

If it was plug wires or coil, why would it be running lean?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

And how do you know for certain it's running lean?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:52 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Okay ill try that... and I forgot to add that I did install a 02 sensor on bank1, it didn't have one before and it was tuned without it so maybe that could cause some disturbance now that its in. But I got the intake off and checking over things so Ill unplug it when I get it back together and see what happens.
?????
I'm confused.....what do you mean it didn't have one on bank 1? There was a plug there? Or the O2 just not connected?

You may have just solved your problem. Un plug it and see what happens. but drive it for an hour or so first. Reset the long term fuel trims.

Ron
Old 07-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

^ LTFTs should not be on in the first place.

Get notified of new replies

To ANother issue! Not getting fuel or spark?

Quick Reply: ANother issue! Not getting fuel or spark?