C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Very nice. Bring it down here when it is done and run it at a real track.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I may very well do that ! Planning on Vegas for sure,rumor has it RMR property has been sold and they signed a 5yr lease but are looking to relocate. Im betting Miller will announce new construction out in Tooele here this summer. A guy can hope anyway ! Good to hear from ya,hope all is well !
Old 03-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

All is well here. Hoping to have my car all done in 2-3 weeks and together for awhile. Swapping headers, pulleys, radiator, etc.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
WrEcKeD1101
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regorih
What throttle body is that LS2 or LS3 and why is it flipped to the driver side?
It's flipped for room for the alternator going on the passenger side.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:51 PM
MT0911
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is turning out pretty sick. Can't wait to hear her running!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:28 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

This build is coming along quite nicely.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Made some good progress last couple days. Got the charge pipes cut/fit and welded incl the tube to the intake and BOV mount flanges. Intake is off to be re-powdercoated but was test fit before final welding. Just need to polish these up,fit pretty good though !

Drivers side,plenty of room.

Pass side,little tighter due to trans cooler and lower rad hose inlet.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:40 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Drivers side from turbo,plenty of room,this side was pretty easy.

Pass side,the dang rad hose was RIGHT in the way I probably cut 5-6 pieces of pipe before I got one to fit acceptable,total PITA !

Power steering pump and brackets.Need to run a remote reservoir but everything else bolted right up and fit nice !

Old 03-08-2014, 10:46 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Pump mounted right up,only thing I bought so far that actually was pure bolt on with no modification. I am sure the lines wont work or something,NOTHING on this car has been easy.

Also finalized the rad mount(cradle assy) got the support rods welded back in,lower rad mounts welded,just need to clean it all up and powdercoat,should be done tues or weds with that. Stock upper hose fits surprisingly well,lower needs to be rotated away from framerail if possible. Next up,custom bottom mount,bottom draw air filter box assy. Thanks again for all the kind words,hope this thing turns out like I am planning,I would hate to have all this time and $$$ tied up in a turd !
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Wow,been 3 long months since I have updated this thread ! Lets see,been in wiring hell,had to completely redo the power steering brackets as my alternator would not clear the rack and my PS reservoir wouldnt clear the dr header.Got that all sorted out.

Then,of course the wiring. Had to create some new harnesses to feed/retrieve data/control to the front/rear of the car.Here is the inside with everything laid out and pinned to the ECU.

And the 10wire harness I needed to run to the rear of the car by the RR tailight.

Terminated all connections with the GM metripak connectors to keep it clean and allow me to add future upgrades easily.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:13 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Lets see,what else.Oh,the Dr side header would NOT clear the brake booster,a little dent turned into a big dent turned into I Cannot run this looking like that.So aof course,cut out the offending section,spent 2hrs pie cutting stainless tubing and fixed my backyard build !

And the finished product.

Oh,of course in my haste to install the engine and plumb everything I failed to notice the steam port tubing not installed,SO off came the intake/fuel lines yet again and I bent/fabbed all those as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 AM
highpockets
Drifting

I got my base tune from Moore racecraft loaded,most everything is finally buttoned up and I hope to have it on its wheels and running this weekend.Working on it nights/weekends takes lots longer than I planned but it is finally getting there.Hopefull some updated "it runs" videos real soon followed by dyno vids/driving . I am working on an interface from the Holley ECU to my GM cluster to allow me to keep the stock dash and display all the correct data via canbus,here is a quick pick of the interface we built.

Once its all done and final testing complete it will go into a small plastic box and stash up inside the dash,the display is merely to allow for"debugging" according to my computer guy and will not be seen.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:21 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Very nice. You are doing a phenomenal job on this car!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Great Progress. This will be an animal.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 AM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holley to factory dash? That will be awesome!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Bit more progress.Got tune loaded,started car,immed stalled ? Huh ? Fuel pump shutting off ? Found I had wired the tach signal to the wrong output pin on the Holley,corrected that,good signal,same problem.Double check volts at pump,dropped to 6V when running/stalling.Appears my Aeromotive controller was turned WAY down at factory,bumped it up to about 10V idle(low output) and pump(and car) stay running ! Looked at my dash,and the tach reading is about double what it should be,may need to step it down to get it correct but it IS reading so thats a start ! Ignore the warning sensors,still dont have all the code written for the interface ! Only volts and RPM working at the moment.

Worked on the midpipes,as the turbo downpipes are pretty convoluted,I have these "mid"pipes to connect back to about where the converters would normally be.Got one welded and one fitted(should be welded tomorrow.3" SS mandrel bends,what a pain !
Old 07-03-2014, 12:12 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Got my fuel bypass hooked up,lines sorted out(obviously) as its running,just need to verify it works properly.Here is a pic of how the dr tank pickup/return ended up,with a little pocket maglite to give a sense of scale(NOT planning on running this thing lean ! 12AN feed to pump,10AN return. Return has an internal tube welded to direct aerated fuel away from pickup,hope that helps !

Will post some first(well second or third anyway,lol video when I get the midpipes on,feels like I have made it through a BIG hurdle( I hope) and can finally see the light,hopefully will be driving this by next week ! Thanks for all the kind words,really helps with motivation on a project like this !

Get notified of new replies

To New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Old 07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow awesome Man I cant wait to see a video of the beast even if shes just at idle
Old 07-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

coming along
Old 07-03-2014, 01:51 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Crazy build man! Really liking how compact the PS/Alt setup is!

Quick Reply: New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !