C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing UPP fuel set up. Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Chicago1
You know me man just gonna keep pushing the envelope!!!
You have seen Top Gun to many times
Old 06-17-2014, 02:02 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Ed, I thought that bulkhead fitting goes into the hat? not the plastic tank wall? According to the video it's the hat or am missing something? I already messed up the sending unit so I have to get another so no worries about that .

So you have a pic of the bulkhead that you are capping. I though the aeromotive will still work with the stock stuff and will still be boost referenced?
Actually we go into the tank anymore. We originally went into the hat, but there's so little room in there to fit the nut and teflon washers, you'd have to drill in just the right spot. Much more room if you weld a fitting on, but we're trying to sell something that's bolt on and doesn't require welding.....especially to fuel soaked parts! lol

Welding would be best, but we've never really seen a problem with the bulk heads at all. The NPT fittings for the C6's though we occasionally see a problem with them leaking if the hole is tapped too big. Even on the C6's I much prefer the bulk head, but it's such a PITA to drop the tank.

CK
Old 06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Actually we go into the tank anymore. We originally went into the hat, but there's so little room in there to fit the nut and teflon washers, you'd have to drill in just the right spot. Much more room if you weld a fitting on, but we're trying to sell something that's bolt on and doesn't require welding.....especially to fuel soaked parts! lol

Welding would be best, but we've never really seen a problem with the bulk heads at all. The NPT fittings for the C6's though we occasionally see a problem with them leaking if the hole is tapped too big. Even on the C6's I much prefer the bulk head, but it's such a PITA to drop the tank.

CK
CK you get my email? So weld or don't weld? I already have the hat and tank out. Do you have the spot then where it goes onto the c5? I'm a little lost now so do or don't follow that video? Also I need the pick up tube I believe that copper one that shown on that video. I think I rather weld since the tank and hat are out and nice and dry but you guys tell me.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

CK you get my email? So weld or don't weld? I already have the hat and tank out. Do you have the spot then where it goes onto the c5? I'm a little lost now so do or don't follow that video? Also I need the pick up tube I believe that copper one that shown on that video. I think I rather weld since the tank and hat are out and nice and dry but you guys tell me.
I replied to your email.

Welding it would provide the best seal. However it will require a steel bulkhead fitting so you can still get a pickup tube on the inside. And it will require finding the space in the top hat where you won't run into anything else (existing lines, brackets, hoses, electrical, etc). This is why we've opted to just run it to the tank, it's much easier, and as long as you tap a flat spot it should seal up without issue.

CK
Old 06-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Just a update I got some work done this week but not as much as I thought. Thanks to Ed and CK(and a few others) I went with the tank option with the bulkhead fitting. I didn't so the welding just for the fact that my buddy was busy and these guys suggested that it would be fine like they have been doing. I just need a few things from CK and I am gtg the rest I will get in town or order. I have pics but i must of been half asleep this am because I graabbed the battery out of the camera instead of the memory cars. I will post pics tommorow. I have the lines ran and fittting in tank. I also got the fuel rails on..Now what do you guys think about this set up....

So my fuel rails are -8an orb(oring) on all 4 ports. here is what I was going to do.

SO these will go into the front driver side, front passenger side. rear passenger side. they are -8 orb to -6an male end..

Then off the front driver side will be this guy for my 1/8" fuel sensor going into the then -6an

off that will be one of these 90 -6..

then connected to -6an hose which will be used as a crossover which will go into this off the passenger side front..

So that covers the front driver and passenger.

On the rear coming off the passenger will be one of these

which will go to a -6an line to another 90 fitting into the feed off the regulator..

That covers all of that now I need to do the stock feed stuff. I disconnected the stock ss line...I wanted a 90 degree fitting to go into the stock line that comes out of the firewall that will go into some -6an line which will go into some type of fitting going into the driver side rear. CK is going to get me those 2 fittings. What do you guys think?

here is my breakdown cost...

x3-NEW RED HORSE FITTING -06 MALE TO -06 FEMALE AN/JIC W/ 1/8" NPT IN HEX BLACK ...$9.28

X3=-8 Straight Cut O-Ring To -6 an Male Flare PRE-77086BLK=24.21

4 FEET=-6 AN Braided Stainless Steel Fuel Line Hose 1500 PSI=16.16

1X=-6 AN 180 Degree Swivel Oil Fuel Line Hose End Fitting=7.87

2X -6AN 90 Degree Swivel Oil Fuel Line Hose End Fitting=15.18

Grand Total WITH shipping =$72.70

Last edited by Chicago1; 06-22-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Sounds good, Shant.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Here are some pics from the other day..

Stock rails coming off

Rails with injectors going in..

Now here is what ****ed me up and I laughed about it after l I talked to troy. The rails are the same exact length out of the car. But when I installed them the driver side was always shorter..

SO I took them out multiple times swapped sides swapped the brackets etc etc. I was like wtf. I didn't realize the fuel injectors are angled different on each side thus the one side being shorter. They are supposed to be like that. My dumb moment.( I have a few of these every time I do something)

Also I couldn't figure out how folks got fittings in this area no one ever mentioned to remove the bracket for the egr. Another head scratcher for me. I text Brett(BLOWNBLUEZ06) he said remove it....duhhhhh. I just didn't know if that is what people do. I was for sure that was the map sensor lol. I was corrected..twice...

Here is where I am going to mount the regulator.. I just routed the lines behing the intake manifold from the driver side coming from underneath.

Here is the filter/pump all together..perrrrrrty..

Now in the vid it says to remove the tunnel plate to route the lines...I decided to fish it through..

Next was the dilemma of welding or tapping in..I just tapped in. Made a hole and snugged her on..

Now to install the fuel pump bracket. Got a right angle drill and starter mounting it after I marked where I wanted it..

Mounted..

That's it for now I just routed the lines through the front and snugged all the lines. I just need to order my fittings and I'm done...

I usually like to show a friends car after the end of something I'm doing. Last time was Troys then Erics and now this is my buddy Steve's subie swapped 2.5 RS. The flake paint on this is awesome wish it was daylight..

And just to hurt your feelings at a stop light he has this..650awhp...Think it weighs about 2600lbs...built motor, 2 step blah blah blah

Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Right on and nice work!

Thanks,Matt
Old 06-23-2014, 04:57 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

You're on the home stretch - stay patient and best of luck for everything going smoothly
Old 06-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
Right on and nice work!

Thanks,Matt
Thanks Matt!!

Originally Posted by wamara
You're on the home stretch - stay patient and best of luck for everything going smoothly
Yes sir!!, btw pm me your number again I lost it need to link up soon!!!

I just ordered all my fittings 2 mins ago and I promise no more adding go fast stuff next will be tires I swear!!!

(Then tune,meth,timing, to break 700..)

Last edited by Chicago1; 06-23-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Looking good, Shant! You're going to finish way ahead of me!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Do it to it Ed!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Good lord what takes this guy so long? Anyways I did a little bit of work last week but I headed out of town on Friday. Eric(Roc87) invited me to hang with him and his family and have fun in the water so I went tubing and cruising in the boat. Had a great time!!! now I want a boat lol. Thanks again Eric had a great time...I will be done tomorrow well that's the game plan. I did get all my fittings in I forgot what a pain in the *** ss is to cut when you don't have the proper tools it's nearly impossible. Steve came over and he had these shears that made it a breeze. Anyways enough blabbing ..

Here is the 2 90's and the -6 to a 3/8" port for my fuel pressure regulator..

This is the 3/8 adapter to -6an to -6an 180..it's not hooked up that's why it looks odd..

here is the 180-6an to the 90 off the regulator.

That's it for now I'll make it look pretty and shiny this week. just have to put the tank back in and hook up the feed and return and a few misc things. May hit the dyno and see if I can get that 700 number on the stock bottom end
Old 07-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Roc87
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking great! Gonna try to swing by tomorrow
Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Did you eliminate the original FPR? And are you trying to run this boost referenced?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:57 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Is the stock after filter regulator pressurised line t'ing into the auxiliary pump inlet in post #27 ? And where is your boost referenced regulator returning fuel to?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing UPP fuel set up. Pics inside

Old 07-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Did you eliminate the original FPR? And are you trying to run this boost referenced?

No I thought you keep the stock regulator intact I am not running this boost refrenced. Ill call you here in a few..

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Is the stock after filter regulator pressurised line t'ing into the auxiliary pump inlet in post #27 ? And where is your boost referenced regulator returning fuel to?
The aftermarket filter is before the pump that line that tee's is the return and no I'm not running it boost reference. It just comes on with teh hobbs switch. I think that's what your asking?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

You're all good then. Just wanted to make sure since I saw that check valve in there. For some reason I thought you were going full referenced.

CK
Old 07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Why not boost reference it and put a 97 fuel filter in place of yours?

Quick Reply: Installing UPP fuel set up. Pics inside