C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Racetronix fuel pump harness and BAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:18 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Help with Racetronix fuel pump harness and BAP

Finishing up installing my Racetronix hotwire kit for my fuel pump. It came with the BAP wiring already installed. Out of the package, the connectors for the BAP on the new hotwire kit came connected (bottom of pic). Do I need to unplug these and wire in something coming off the BAP itself?

There is a red and black wire that are butt connected coming out of the BAP. Something inside me says these plug into the new harness. I ordered some extra connectors in case I need them. I didnt install the BAP and cant find much on the internet. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:32 AM
chris308
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

looks like that is the line for the control **** which most people just splice together. You might want to fix that nick in the fused red wire.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:39 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chris308
looks like that is the line for the control **** which most people just splice together. You might want to fix that nick in the fused red wire.
Ha, thanks! Thats actually black glue goo from the electrical tape I peeled back to take a look at everything. The red and black wires that are butt connected coming off the BAP is for a **** and does not need to be plugged into the hotwire harness then, correct?

Id hate to do something wrong, go WOT and here a kaboom.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:49 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

After reading the description on Racetronix website I am coming to the conclusion the BAP connectors would have been used if the BAP was installed at the same time. Since the BAP was already installed I wont be using those connectors. I guess it was already tapped into the factory fuel harness. Am I guessing right?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

The fused wire is the 12v input. The other is the output to the pump.
You can cut your Racetronix feed wire to the pump and put your Boost A pump in series accordingly. Here's the instructions for connection. You don't need the dial. You've got the wires shorted instead so when it comes on, it comes on full tilt. That's how most of us do it. The other 2 wires are the trigger wires from the Hobbs pressure switch. When the pressure is enough, the switch shorts those 2 wires and activates the BAP. When the BAP isn't activated, the voltage feed works as normal, without being boosted.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:51 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

So the wire being shown cut in step 2 is what i would plug into that connector on my racetronix harness in my pic? Im so scared Im gonna screw this up and its working fine now.

If I chicken out, is it gonna work the way I have it now?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
So the wire being shown cut in step 2 is what i would plug into that connector on my racetronix harness in my pic? Im so scared Im gonna screw this up and its working fine now.

If I chicken out, is it gonna work the way I have it now?
There are 2 red wires coming out of the boost a pump. One with an inline fuse and one without. The one with the inline fuse goes into the left side of the racetronix BAP plug and the other wire goes into the right side of the plug. The racetronix harness should have come with another plug(disassembled) that is identical to the one that is on the harness. You install the 2 red wires into this plug and then plug the two sides into the plug on the racetronix harness. If you have any more questions you can PM me, I just installed all this on mine 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Would it be ok if I just left thr BAP wired the way it is and just have the hotwire kit plugged in w/o the BAP plugged in also?

Thankyou for explaining how to wire it, just wondering if I can leave it the way it is.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
Would it be ok if I just left thr BAP wired the way it is and just have the hotwire kit plugged in w/o the BAP plugged in also?

Thankyou for explaining how to wire it, just wondering if I can leave it the way it is.
Unless i am missing something i dont see why not. If the bap is spliced into the oem fp 12v wire and the oem plug is connected to the hotwire harness then you are accomplishing the same thing as wiring it through the supplied plug.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the response. Ill throw the splash shield back on and very slowly take it to WOT i guess.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with Racetronix fuel pump harness and BAP

Quick Reply: Help with Racetronix fuel pump harness and BAP