C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c5 z06 nitrous wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 02:05 AM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default c5 z06 nitrous wiring

Wiring up a Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate on an 04z...

Using a LNC-2000 to pull timing and NOS mini controller for the window switch and WOT activation.

Pretty much finished up ...just have the TPS and Tach signal to tie into for the NOS mini controller. I've read about tapping into the PCM harness for the tach signal, I'd rather avoid this unless its just dead nuts the best option so...

In the pic, pin C(which should be the tach signal) is the lower blue'ish wire in the factory plug. The corresponding LNC-2000 wire is the dark green wire at the top. Could I tap the green wire from the LNC-2000 and avoid tapping any of the factory harness altogether?(I'd prefer to not touch the factory harness)

Sorry if thats confusing...just looking for a less intrusive way to get a reliable tach signal for a window switch.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-20-2015, 08:19 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesecake 07
Wiring up a Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate on an 04z...

Using a LNC-2000 to pull timing and NOS mini controller for the window switch and WOT activation.

Pretty much finished up ...just have the TPS and Tach signal to tie into for the NOS mini controller. I've read about tapping into the PCM harness for the tach signal, I'd rather avoid this unless its just dead nuts the best option so...

In the pic, pin C(which should be the tach signal) is the lower blue'ish wire in the factory plug. The corresponding LNC-2000 wire is the dark green wire at the top. Could I tap the green wire from the LNC-2000 and avoid tapping any of the factory harness altogether?(I'd prefer to not touch the factory harness)

Sorry if thats confusing...just looking for a less intrusive way to get a reliable tach signal for a window switch.

Thanks in advance
Yes. You absolutely can tap that signal anywhere you choose. Anywhere between the coil and the PCM.
For other readers: that's actually the coil signal to an individual coil and these cars operate sequentially as opposed to wasted spark, so the N2O controller settings are often half what you might think they should be when tapping a single coil for signal.

If you wanted to actually get the tach wire, it's a white wire that can be grabbed at the PCM, accessed by removing the passenger front wheel and the access cover behind. You can also grab that tach signal inside the passenger foot well area and driver side dash on the left side in a small harness, on its way to the cluster.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 02-20-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

When I wired up my system I just tapped the wire by the PCM. It is easy to get to and being down in the fender I had less wires by the engine.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:17 PM
igtabg1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x3 on the white wire by the pcm, when I tapped the wire on coils for tach signal it resulted in random misfires.... hope this helps...
Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Originally Posted by igtabg1
x3 on the white wire by the pcm, when I tapped the wire on coils for tach signal it resulted in random misfires.... hope this helps...
Yeah your one of several that have told me they had the same issue.

Thanks guys...I yanked the wheel/tire and the close out panel. PCM is pretty easy to get to...Im thinking I'll tap there to avoid the possible headache.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Got the kit wired up...thanks for the suggestions.

Weird issue. When I run through a gear spraying...after I let off the throttle, my RPM's will hang around 4k rpm. As soon as I turn the arming switch off...back to normal idle.

I was thinking it could be my TPS wiring however I disabled the TPS through the NOS mini controller and same issue.

Anybody ran into anything similar? I searched and had no luck. NOS(Holley) tech line is terrible...was on hold for 45 min twice. I gave up. Lingenfelter was great...pretty sure it has nothing to do with the LNC-2000(wired to pull timing only) and they confirmed this.

One or both solenoids sticking open? Kit is brand new, first time sprayed was today.

Only testing with a 50 shot...so trying to get it figured out before I go up to a 150 for the No Fly Zone 1/2 mile next weekend

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Cheesecake 07; 02-26-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:36 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

What type of kit are you running? It could be something with the TPS signal tap screwing with the car ECM. It could be a leaking solenoid or even something in the nitrous systems is not tight letting air in.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:32 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

That does sound like the noid is staying open. I'd double check the wiring and the controller settings.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 02-27-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Just tested it again. Gotta be a TPS issue. It sprays at part throttle as soon as it hits the beginning of the window(3500rpm).

Am I along the right line of thinking that it's not getting a solid TPS signal to the controller to shut the solenoids down? So as soon as it hits the window the solenoids open and keep spraying unit I have to kill the arm switch?

Im tapped into the dark blue wire on the TB for TPS. I have a FAST 92/LS2 TB set up with a Caspers harness, Caspers confirmed the wiring correlates with the factory colors, so dark blue is the correct wire from what I understand. I checked with a voltmeter and it's around 1 volt at idle and 4.5'ish at WOT. Is there a better spot to grab a signal from?

Appreciate it... knew I shoulda did a damn blower

Last edited by Cheesecake 07; 02-27-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:01 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Some controllers assume a 5-0V TPS signal (decreasing voltage as TPS rises). This sounds like your issue. The NOS mini can be configured either way (0-5V or 5-0V).
Old 02-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

I cannot help with the TPS wiring as I just did a WOT switch under my pedal. It was easier for me to put in that switch than deal with the wiring harness. If you are spraying under part throttle you definitely have an issue. The window switch is triggered by the rpm signal you tapped by the PCM and sounds like that is working.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Appreciate the help. It was a bad TPS connection. Re-soldered it up and it works perfect.

Just hope the bottom end likes a 150 into 5th gear next weekend

Thanks fellas
Old 02-27-2015, 04:57 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesecake 07
Appreciate the help. It was a bad TPS connection. Re-soldered it up and it works perfect.

Just hope the bottom end likes a 150 into 5th gear next weekend

Thanks fellas
Get us some vids either way.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Get us some vids either way.
Will do...Go-Pro is dialed up already

Get notified of new replies

To c5 z06 nitrous wiring