C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some questions about FI

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Mongoovette
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some questions about FI

I've got a 97 coupe, cam, k&n air cleaner kit, LT's, 3 x-pipe dumped, & tune, 47,000 miles.

My goal 500-600rwhp car in the 10's

I've been wanting more out of the car ever since I got it, so I'm looking to to go FI.

What all is included in a move to FI? Obviously I could buy a turbo/super kit, better clutch, alky control kit... ect

Will I be able to daily drive a FI car with that hp? And not worry about it grenading without forging internals? Or should I look to bolt on's/internals for my hp quest?
Old 08-19-2015, 12:34 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You pretty much have bolt ons, and cam.. What is your specs on the cam? If it's not for boost it may hurt you power wise..

I have a 98, and I am headers, full exhaust, ls6 intake, tune, and a procharger p1sc with a meth kit for added comfort. Don't know what numbers on the dyno, but the car ran a 11.8@118 with a 2.0 60' on street tires.. That is with a stock auto, stock stall, and a 390 gear.. My motor has around 140,000 miles on it. Still rocking the stock fuel pumps with the same miles.. My kit has a boosta pump for the fuel pumps.. I also have 60lb injectors as well, on 5psi.. The car is very tame just driving around getting around 22-24 mpg on the highway, but it pulls great at wot.. My guess is i am around 430-450 rwhp..
Old 08-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Mongoovette
4th Gear

Specs on cam are unknown, since I bought the car with it installed.... I would definetly have one specd out since that is the case. Cam is fairly mild by chart standards but that could have been the truck flowmasters the previous owner had installed haha....

Numbers were 360/373
Old 08-19-2015, 10:11 AM
corvettekeys
Intermediate

GO Procharged

you will not regret it at all.

you may not reach your horsepower goals at the 600hp
but you should be able to get it around 500hp and 500tq

you will enjoy it at that level
Old 08-19-2015, 10:21 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Your best bet is to supercharge it for your goals. If you go NA, it will be very expensive with the stock cubes, at close to 500. You will need to go LS7 or something similar for 600 to the tires (unless you want to run nitrous). You will still need all the supporting mods a supercharged kit would require as well.

To be in the 10s at that HP level, you are definitely going to need to strengthen your rear end, have a twin disk clutch, and drag radials most likely (at the very least, R compound street tires). Not to mention, be a great driver.

Yes, you can daily drive the car at that power level, and you don't "need" forged internals. Obviously a motor can blow at any power level. I have a 670 WHP ZO6 that I daily drive, T Trim, stock heads/cam/bottom end, just a 30% meth mix. Most of it is how you drive it, and of course, how it is tuned. I typically drive like a grandpa, only occasionally do I perform a WOT pull.

Last edited by 95rtturbo; 08-19-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:02 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongoovette
I've got a 97 coupe, cam, k&n air cleaner kit, LT's, 3 x-pipe dumped, & tune, 47,000 miles.

My goal 500-600rwhp car in the 10's

I've been wanting more out of the car ever since I got it, so I'm looking to to go FI.

What all is included in a move to FI? Obviously I could buy a turbo/super kit, better clutch, alky control kit... ect

Will I be able to daily drive a FI car with that hp? And not worry about it grenading without forging internals? Or should I look to bolt on's/internals for my hp quest?

Give A/A a call Andy will look at your cam spec for you. But most of the N/A cams like F/I set ups. With no more power than you are talking about your parts on the inside should be good for some time.

Just add METH to it..

Get notified of new replies

To Got some questions about FI

Quick Reply: Got some questions about FI