C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG CHANGES for 2016 from A&A SUPERCHARGERS

Old 12-19-2015, 12:46 PM
MissYouJJ
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have pictures of the NEW RADIATOR ENCLOSURE PANELS FOR C6 ? Will you be able to purchase these alone ?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

the c5 rad brackets look very nice. any installed pics? pricing? count me in. ty
Old 12-19-2015, 03:33 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
No. The 4" pipe requires a lot of modifications. Obviously the radiator needs to be shorter and the AC condensor needs to be lowered as well.
I will say that we tested one last week on a car that made 670 RWHP. There was an 8 - 10 RWHP difference. We swapped it back and forth a couple of times. Obviously the difference would be more substantial on a higher horsepower car.
The problem I see, more than the dongle, is the available filter area. There is just no way to squeeze a larger filter between the center outlet on the intercooler and the frame rail. It's worse on C6 because you also need clearance for the hood hinge and and hydraulic strut. I thought about making the filter thicker at the bottom. (front to rear) and making an inverted cone on the bottom as opposed to a flat bottom. Unfortunately the filter manufacturer says it needs to be wider than the available area to do that. It would be awesome to have a filter that was as large as the old Blackwing or something similar but that just isn't possible.
Only those looking to make huge numbers for drag racing are really affected.
If I were wanting to make the ultimate inlet, I would make a venturi (radiused inlet) into the blower and make some sort of aluminum housing that went straight up to a large opening in the hood. The radiused inlet is definitely worth some power.
If you look at the outlet of our new dongle, then the silicone reducer, you'll see it does act somewhat as a venturi or radiused inlet.
Wow. Thanks for the detailed answer.

I currently have a 4" pipe with a Dallas Performance filter. The filter doesn't fit all the way down and I had to modify the cover plate to allow it to sit up slightly, and now the filter makes slight contact with the hood. I'm concerned about the filter being obstructed by the IC, condenser, hood, and cover plate since tolerances are so tights in that area. (Not to mention it just doesn't look the best in my opinion.)

When will the new dongles be available for purchase?
Old 12-20-2015, 08:47 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

to refining an awesome product.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:32 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason913
the c5 rad brackets look very nice. any installed pics? pricing? count me in. ty

^^^^^ This and i also want the new dongle to go with my kit

So any price on the dongle kit and c5 rad bracket kit ???
Old 12-20-2015, 09:57 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Pics, availability, and pricing on radiator for manual c5?
Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Props to you Andy for your continuous improvements resulting in the most complete and well thought out supercharger kits sold today. With the upgrades mentioned and continued commitment to customer support your product is clearly the best choice without compromise

Merry Christmas to You and Melissa !
Old 12-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
^^^^^ This and i also want the new dongle to go with my kit

So any price on the dongle kit and c5 rad bracket kit ???
The dongle, silicone reducer and a 4 1/2" Stainless CT clamp is $90 or $100 shipped.
I don't know what the radiator brackets are going to cost me yet.

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Pics, availability, and pricing on radiator for manual c5?
I only have C6 radiators built so far. C5 prototype should be done in January some time.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:51 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

This is why I need more money!!
Old 12-21-2015, 02:40 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The dongle, silicone reducer and a 4 1/2" Stainless CT clamp is $90 or $100 shipped.
I don't know what the radiator brackets are going to cost me yet.
Will wait to order both at the same time
Thanks Andy
Old 12-22-2015, 12:59 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I like it.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:21 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

A&A YSi for the WIN!!
Attached Images   

Last edited by EG@EnglandGreen; 12-22-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:57 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

That's great Andy!! I'm happy! Stuff made in house or in country?
Old 12-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
That's great Andy!! I'm happy! Stuff made in house or in country?
I made the "dongle" out of Bondo and fiberglas then took it to the mold maker. He's about 90 miles away.

The Mold in Graphics are made in Arizona.

I made a couple of sets of the radiator brackets myself and then took them to the guy who does all my sheet metal. He's about 25 miles in the other direction. He's doing the C6 panels as well.

The radiators are being made by Griffin in North Carolina. (They supply my intercoolers too.) I have an awesome deal with them. I have a standing order for 300 intercoolers. They put them in crates of 30 and stack them in "my" corner of the warehouse. When they have time or the inventory gets below 60 units they build more. I haven't run out of intercoolers in a couple of years.
They weld just the tanks on the cores. We weld on the scoops, mounting bosses and inlet nozzles for C5, C6 and C7 as needed.
We are going to do the same with the radiators. I have a standing order for 100 units. They will build a bunch and keep them in stock for me. I think they will ship 10 in a crate.
This works out great for them as well. During the winter,when things are slow, they can keep the guys busy building up inventory for me rather than using resources when they are busy.

Obviously Vortech is very close, which is a big help. We have made a very concerted effort in the last year to build up a decent inventory of head units. I can't say that we "never" run out, but it's a rare occurrence. Melissa usually stops by once or twice a week on her way to the shop.
The following 2 users liked this post by Andy@A&ACorvette:
SteveDoten@ARH (12-23-2015), zdeckich (12-23-2015)
Old 12-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

When can I order the new dongle? I would like to order one mid January.

Also curious if you guys tried it on a 10 rib setup. Might be tough on clearance with radiator?

Last edited by Robert 2000; 12-23-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by Robert 2000
When can I order the new dongle? I would like to order one mid January.

Also curious if you guys tried it on a 10 rib setup. Might be tough on clearance with radiator?

was supposed to get 20 dongles yesterday but they didn't show. I should have a bunch in early January.
It has better radiator clearance than the previous version. I did a YSi with 8 rib yesterday and there was plenty of clearance. 10 rib should be fine.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:12 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I made the "dongle" out of Bondo and fiberglas then took it to the mold maker. He's about 90 miles away.

The Mold in Graphics are made in Arizona.

I made a couple of sets of the radiator brackets myself and then took them to the guy who does all my sheet metal. He's about 25 miles in the other direction. He's doing the C6 panels as well.

The radiators are being made by Griffin in North Carolina. (They supply my intercoolers too.) I have an awesome deal with them. I have a standing order for 300 intercoolers. They put them in crates of 30 and stack them in "my" corner of the warehouse. When they have time or the inventory gets below 60 units they build more. I haven't run out of intercoolers in a couple of years.
They weld just the tanks on the cores. We weld on the scoops, mounting bosses and inlet nozzles for C5, C6 and C7 as needed.
We are going to do the same with the radiators. I have a standing order for 100 units. They will build a bunch and keep them in stock for me. I think they will ship 10 in a crate.
This works out great for them as well. During the winter,when things are slow, they can keep the guys busy building up inventory for me rather than using resources when they are busy.

Obviously Vortech is very close, which is a big help. We have made a very concerted effort in the last year to build up a decent inventory of head units. I can't say that we "never" run out, but it's a rare occurrence. Melissa usually stops by once or twice a week on her way to the shop.

That's very cool. I want to take a second to say thank you. You are still striving to make parts for the now older C5 corvette. I for one appreciate everything you do.

Thank you Andy!

Ps. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Get notified of new replies

To BIG CHANGES for 2016 from A&A SUPERCHARGERS

Old 12-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

was supposed to get 20 dongles yesterday but they didn't show. I should have a bunch in early January.
It has better radiator clearance than the previous version. I did a YSi with 8 rib yesterday and there was plenty of clearance. 10 rib should be fine.
Awesome so better airflow and a better fit! Can't argue with that
Old 12-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Darbs
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

When will these updates be coming with the kits?
Old 12-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by Darbs
When will these updates be coming with the kits?
The new dongle, T Trim upgrade and the Raceport BOV are available now.
It's just the sheet metal parts that we are waiting on.
When I said I should have a bunch of the new dongles in early January, that kind of came out wrong. I didn't mean that we wouldn't have any until January.
I should have 20 by tomorrow and a BUNCH (like 100) in January. The 20 should get me by for a week or so. Especially because we're only working three more days this year.

Anyone who buys a kit now will get the radiator brackets at no charge. They just bolt right on with the stock bolts. You won't have to move anything to put them on.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BIG CHANGES for 2016 from A&A SUPERCHARGERS