C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 knock sensors with E40 PCM??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:32 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LS1 knock sensors with E40 PCM??

So I have my ls6 block with the 2x single wire knock sensors in the valley. I am using a E40 LS2 PCM and i need to figure a solution for the knock sensors. I would love to be able to use the ls1 knock sensors as its a gen 3 block but I'm just looking for a solution a this point. Gen 3 block doesn't have the bosses like the Gen 4 blocks do so i can't just drill a boss.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

You'll need to use the Gen 4 knock sensors
Old 03-20-2018, 08:19 AM
BStagg82
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock Sensors

I swapped out an old SB Chevy 350 for a LS1 LQ4 6.0 and 4L80e tranny with the original 24x PCM and harness in a pickup a few years ago but decided awhile back to change over to a 6L80e tranny and 58x ECM (E38) and harness because of the lower gears in the 6L80e are closer together than the 4 speeds are. The problem I have is that there’s nowhere to bolt the LS3 2 wire knock sensors to the side of my LS1 block. Before everyone starts saying I’ve got worse problems than knock sensors let me list the mods to engine I’ve already done for the 58x E38 ECM.

-Crankshaft reluctor changed to 58x tooth wheel.
-Grey crank sensor.
-LS3 timing set (58x cam reluctor) and cover to relocate cam sensor.
-58x cam sensor.
-Swapped cable throttle body to Drive by Wire throttle body.

I’ve finished putting everything together and the transmission in the truck. The only thing left is to figure out the knock sensors so if anybody has any ideas please let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 knock sensors with E40 PCM??

Quick Reply: LS1 knock sensors with E40 PCM??