C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls3/S480 front mount with AC

Old 08-18-2017, 06:28 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cb2004mj
this is a very informative post, I like how you laid out what you did etc. greatly helps others. curious tho, did you debate locating the coils to the frame rail and just run short wires direct? ive seen that done with some of the twin setups and looks like it may have worked well in your setup as well.

Thanks. I'm actually in the process of relocating the coils now and running shorter wires.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:35 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

QUOTE=romandian;1595382494]are you returning the fuel from the rails to the surge tank? that would explain the third connection. and how does the tank transfer work now?[/QUOTE]

I adapted my factory feed to -8an and Feed it to the surge tank. Pumps are Y in and Y out to parallel rails. Return in parallel to the regulator. Bottom port of regulator (return) goes to surge tank. Overflow from surge tank goes back to factory tank.

Fuel transfer works flawlessly thus far. I have had no issues with the fuel system
Old 08-18-2017, 08:16 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

i was thinking that if the in tank pump goes to surge tank it has no pressure and wont be able to run the siphone tranfer pump.

if it was me, i would run the return from regulator back into the tank (not the surge tank), to prevent any overheating problems. the way i understand your set up, you run the fuel through the rails again and again.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:29 AM
Coling1124
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question, how did you do you oil return? Is it just gravity feed back into the pan or the front cover? Would it be psossbile to drain into the front cover or is it to low? Also how did you order everything? Can you order individual things from CX racing?

Last edited by Coling1124; 09-07-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:27 PM
cb2004mj
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you read the first post he goes over these details. and cxracing website shows all the pieces you can order, either as a kit or individual.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:35 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by Coling1124
Question, how did you do you oil return? Is it just gravity feed back into the pan or the front cover? Would it be psossbile to drain into the front cover or is it to low? Also how did you order everything? Can you order individual things from CX racing?
Gravity feed right to the side of the oil pan. So far no issues. I didn't drain through the front cover because it's a tight fit and may not drain properly. You may be able to. I didn't want to risk it.

Cxracing has many options. you can pick and chose what parts to keep and what to ditch.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:41 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by romandian
i was thinking that if the in tank pump goes to surge tank it has no pressure and wont be able to run the siphone tranfer pump.

if it was me, i would run the return from regulator back into the tank (not the surge tank), to prevent any overheating problems. the way i understand your set up, you run the fuel through the rails again and again.
what you are saying seems very logical. I don't have any fuel issues so far but that may be more effecient. I'm just worried about the surge tank running dry. Those two 350 pumps flow wayyy more than the one 255 that's filling the surge.

I may try it. I'll keep you posted. It can't hurt
Old 09-13-2017, 12:27 AM
03redzo6
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got some questions for you. I'm in the process of installing this kit and I was wondering what size oil return are you running and what oil pan do you have? Also, can I keep my ls1 water pump or do I need a newer style pump, and if so, what year? Last thing, did you end up using your stock o2 sensors, or no? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by 03redzo6
I got some questions for you. I'm in the process of installing this kit and I was wondering what size oil return are you running and what oil pan do you have? Also, can I keep my ls1 water pump or do I need a newer style pump, and if so, what year? Last thing, did you end up using your stock o2 sensors, or no? Thanks in advance.
I am running a batwing oil pan and I have a 5/8 return to the driver side of pan. My car being an ls3, water pump pulley is clearanced perfectly for the kit as it is designed for a c6 ls3 car. I would run an 08+ water pump for better clearance. I ended up welding bungs onto the manifolds for my primaries and use my factory primaries with harness extensions. I also have a wideband on my turn down.

Hope this helps!!! Let me know if you need anything else
Old 09-27-2017, 06:05 PM
MRc5z
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Has any one else installed a CX racing kit? Any updates on how everything is holding up?
Old 09-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by MRc5z
Has any one else installed a CX racing kit? Any updates on how everything is holding up?
I'm not sure if anyone else has, but I'm probably the first documented to put a c6 kit on a c5 as well as a "non AC" kit and keep AC. (This is all self proclaimed and probably not valid lol)

Everything is holding up well. Car runs like a champ and the car will be In the roll race event at Fl2k next weekend. I'm buttoning up some things to get it ready. Let's see how the stock parts last through this event!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Default New roll race setup. Ready for fl2k

295/50 r16. 28” OD Hoosiers. I’ll be in the roll race event at Fl2k October 6-8. See you there
Attached Images     
Old 10-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Very badass sir. Well done!

Any plans for Mexico at Fl2k?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:04 PM
MRc5z
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

My 402 build went to **** so I just picked up a L33. Gonna throw my ported 243's on and a smaller turbo friendly cam, and order the kit. Not sure about the GT45 that comes with it, may try a 76 or 78mm ON3 turbski till I dial everything in. Stock trans and rear so can't really push it that far anyway.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jason913
Very badass sir. Well done!

Any plans for Mexico at Fl2k?
Going to see what everyone is doing. as long as my car holds together I will be racing it lol
The following users liked this post:
Jason913 (10-04-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by MRc5z
My 402 build went to **** so I just picked up a L33. Gonna throw my ported 243's on and a smaller turbo friendly cam, and order the kit. Not sure about the GT45 that comes with it, may try a 76 or 78mm ON3 turbski till I dial everything in. Stock trans and rear so can't really push it that far anyway.
Sounds like a plan! let me know if there is anything I can do to help when that time comes.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Some videos showing low boost test hits. (700hp range) gotta pull the plugs out and re- gap them. other than that she is fine! roads were damp.

Get notified of new replies

To Ls3/S480 front mount with AC

Old 10-04-2017, 08:47 AM
B20forlife
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick questions. So you extended the ac lines going toward the condenser since you moved it correct? On your oil drain did you weld a bung on? You said you used th cold side of the intercooler pipping, What about the hotside? On the radiator you used their whole radiator kit and just built bottom brackets? Thank you
Old 10-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Ls3c5
Advanced

Originally Posted by B20forlife
Quick questions. So you extended the ac lines going toward the condenser since you moved it correct? On your oil drain did you weld a bung on? You said you used th cold side of the intercooler pipping, What about the hotside? On the radiator you used their whole radiator kit and just built bottom brackets? Thank you
Correct I extended the factory AC lines toward the condenser
I did not weld a bung. I left the pan on the car and drilled using the grease method (grease on bit to catch metal shavings) then changed oil twice.
I used the entire kit minus turbo, wastegates, vacuum lines and feed/drain. I built my own top and bottom brackets for Intercooler and radiator (c6 ones that come with the kit won’t work). The fans are junk so I switched them with derale fans. I had to get some longer length couplers for the cold side but it all bolted right up for the most part.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:41 PM
B20forlife
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ls3c5
Correct I extended the factory AC lines toward the condenser
I did not weld a bung. I left the pan on the car and drilled using the grease method (grease on bit to catch metal shavings) then changed oil twice.
I used the entire kit minus turbo, wastegates, vacuum lines and feed/drain. I built my own top and bottom brackets for Intercooler and radiator (c6 ones that come with the kit won’t work). The fans are junk so I switched them with derale fans. I had to get some longer length couplers for the cold side but it all bolted right up for the most part.
Do you think the radiator from Cx racing is worth it? I’m thinking of just buying the hot parts and the intercooler. Trying to decide if a different radiator would be better?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls3/S480 front mount with AC