C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to supercharge my z

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 08:41 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Bottom line is blanket statements are like saying "a sledgehammer is better than a fork."

Well what are you trying to do? Smash cinder blocks or eat spaghetti?
Old 04-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by NosLaser
Bottom line is blanket statements are like saying "a sledgehammer is better than a fork."

Well what are you trying to do? Smash cinder blocks or eat spaghetti?
Eat spaghetti lol I can't argue cause I know my statements haven't been completely detailed, but there is some truth to them, is there not?
Old 04-06-2017, 09:07 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by X2142
Eat spaghetti lol I can't argue cause I know my statements haven't been completely detailed, but there is some truth to them, is there not?
There is some, but they just need to be qualified more
Old 04-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Volk2142
Pro

There is some, but they just need to be qualified more
I'll work on my research some more, your detailed info has helped me and I'm sure anyone who comes across it
Old 04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by X2142
I'll work on my research some more, your detailed info has helped me and I'm sure anyone who comes across it
I absolutely agree with you on the better safe than sorry stuff, and I absolutely agree that an A&A or ECS supercharger kit would fit the bill for most Corvette owners looking to be in the 500-600rwhp range.

Those kits are well sorted and they flat out work.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Volk2142
Pro

I absolutely agree with you on the better safe than sorry stuff, and I absolutely agree that an A&A or ECS supercharger kit would fit the bill for most Corvette owners looking to be in the 500-600rwhp range.

Those kits are well sorted and they flat out work.
Yeah too many guys I know weren't safe and ended up very sorry, and agreed, its a damn good kit and good price for it
Old 04-07-2017, 12:16 AM
REKCUF
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Let's go for a ride in my '04 Vortech v3si coupe. Where are you located?
Old 04-09-2017, 11:01 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 04zjimc
this is a weekend car no track use. my friend is telling me to go single turbo. I thought superchargers were better for the street and most important torque..also whats the difference between the procharger ans ecs,a&a? thanks
Single turbo sounds cool but will add a ton in complexity to what you may want. If you picture your stock dyno graph and you add a centri, just picture a similar graph but higher everywhere. A centri adds power everywhere linerally and evenly. For a street car that would like their 5.7 to feel like a 7.0 or larger a centri is great.

With a turbo the RPMs are detached from the power so it feels different, I love it but some people don't like it. Picture more torque down low because the turbo spools up with load so at 3k RPMs you can have peak torque which feels great. A decent turbo setup can carry that torque from low in the RPMs to the max with ease and that's pretty fun.

You will spend a lot more for a turbo, especially if you have someone install it. My race car is a turbo and makes in the 1200rwhp or more range for example and I would still prefer a centri for my vette if I wanted 500-700rwhp.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:44 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Look at each kit- in depth. Look at the quality of parts and the engineering involved to build a complete system.
Rather than listen to hype, ask to see pictures of whatever product you're looking into. Not vague pictures from a distance. Close up pictures of the components used. That's the only way you'll really get to see the differences between the systems.
I'll start:

1 Billet tensioner- German bearings, chromoly shaft, internally adjustable spring tension, lock mechanism to lock tensioner open when installing belt. Optional spring for ultra high horsepower applications.

2 mounting bracket machined on both sides for accuracy. Super rigid mounting and looks awesome!

3 CNC laser cut radiator locating brackets.

4 Superior fit and finish

5 Full width Ram Air intercooler is sealed against our aluminum surround panels to capture ambient airflow.

Si And Ti head units are available at no extra charge. 38 and 50 MM raceport blowoff valves. No extra charge.
Attached Images      

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 04-10-2017, 10:43 AM