C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kb bap 40amp & racetronix hot wire kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:45 PM
blackzo6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Kb bap 40amp & racetronix hot wire kit ?

Guys its been a long day so bear with me. Im mocking up my bap and hot wire kit and im not sure what to do with the hot connector (2 red wires, one fused) coming out of the bap. It is supposed to go to the racetronix single wire bap hook up.I have searched and my bap wiring looks different then other peoples. Check this pic out lmk what you think.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Originally Posted by blackzo6
Guys its been a long day so bear with me. Im mocking up my bap and hot wire kit and im not sure what to do with the hot connector (2 red wires, one fused) coming out of the bap. It is supposed to go to the racetronix single wire bap hook up.I have searched and my bap wiring looks different then other peoples. Check this pic out lmk what you think.

I thought I had used the Casper kit on my car, but I just dragged it out of my parts bin. So I have the racetronix on the car.

Anyway, these two single wires were what connects to the bap power on my car.
And then these larger ones connect to the factory fuel pump wiring and then also into the fuel pump.

Dumb question, and for all I know it may have no bearing, but my car has the 97 to early 03 fuel system. Could kits for the later years require different connections?
Old 06-11-2017, 09:24 AM
blackzo6
Instructor

Tusc

Yes, I have those same connections on my hotwire kit. The double wire connecter on my bap will not pug in to that. Also the wire gauge on the bap is larger then wire in the hotwire kit. The instructions have a couple of pictures in the back that says "universal splice" & "ford plug & play"?

Originally Posted by Tusc
I thought I had used the Casper kit on my car, but I just dragged it out of my parts bin. So I have the racetronix on the car.

Anyway, these two single wires were what connects to the bap power on my car.
And then these larger ones connect to the factory fuel pump wiring and then also into the fuel pump.

Dumb question, and for all I know it may have no bearing, but my car has the 97 to early 03 fuel system. Could kits for the later years require different connections?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:03 AM
blackzo6
Instructor

I went back over the A&A instructions, and although my bap and theirs are different I think its the same basic idea. I'm going to cut the connector on the bap and solder two connectors that will allow me to plug it in to the hot wire kit. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the difference in wire gauge from the bap out to the hotwire kit then to the pump.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Originally Posted by blackzo6
I went back over the A&A instructions, and although my bap and theirs are different I think its the same basic idea. I'm going to cut the connector on the bap and solder two connectors that will allow me to plug it in to the hot wire kit. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the difference in wire gauge from the bap out to the hotwire kit then to the pump.
And that seems reasonable. I checked the kenne bell site and they appear only to have a single pump and a dual pump version of the bap.

Get notified of new replies

To Kb bap 40amp & racetronix hot wire kit ?

Quick Reply: Kb bap 40amp & racetronix hot wire kit ?