C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with lmc2000 and NX plate kit install

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 11:35 PM
ws Sick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with lmc2000 and NX plate kit install

I have a c5 vette and trying to figure out the best way to hook up the 2 step and nitrous, I already have line lock installed prior to this install so the instructions I got with the LNC-2000 are confusing me a little bit, I have the NX 102 plate kit and a lnc2000 retarder.. does this look right or do I have it all messed up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ws Sick
I have a c5 vette and trying to figure out the best way to hook up the 2 step and nitrous, I already have line lock installed prior to this install so the instructions I got with the LNC-2000 are confusing me a little bit, I have the NX 102 plate kit and a lnc2000 retarder.. does this look right or do I have it all messed up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks]
I never wire a switch to the LNC 2000's but since you're trying to operate the nitrous without a window switch, I understand why you put it in there. It makes more sense to me to simply put a switch on the nitrous so you can use the LNC without the nitrous. The only time the LNC is operating and engaged is when you're WOT with the clutch in, so use it as needed and put the arm switch on the output of the relay to the nitrous solenoids is what I would be doing. If there's absolutely no way you'll ever be using one without the other, then no harm in doing it according to your drawing.
If you want the best way to hook up your nitrous system, you need to add a window switch at the very least. You haven't mentioned which clutch switch you're planning on operating from, the top, bottom or new, independent switch. I recommend operating off either the top switch and making absolutely sure it's properly adjusted or operating off a completely independent switch so that you're electrically isolated.

edit: Your relay wiring won't work. I'll try and post something up for you in a bit that will solve the problem.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 07-05-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:04 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Rather than drawing it up since I don't have the time, I will simply recommend that you wire your WOT switch to 12v and relocate your activation switch to going in between the output of the relay and your nitrous relay so that you can interrupt the nitrous. This way you can use the 2-step N/A or with the nitrous and use the switch to allow the nitrous to come on.
Don't ground the green wire. It's an "either/or" situation, and you already have the yellow triggering it. If you wire the green for ground activation, you'll never be able to run the engine beyond the set point of the LNC-2000. The system gets its hot and ground needed for operation from the coil harness.

Move the orange retard activation wire from where it currently sits to the nitrous relay output to the solenoids. That way, only when it's armed and the solenoids are active it will pull timing.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 07-05-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:31 AM
ws Sick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what your saying about having it's own activation so I could use one without the other and think I'm gonna try doing it that way, also I forgot about a window switch, any certain one you reccomend and I will grab it today while I get a set of mounts for my noids. Thanks for the info and time to help me man I deffinently appreciate it!

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with lmc2000 and NX plate kit install

Quick Reply: Need help with lmc2000 and NX plate kit install