C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used the LNC003 as a rolling "anti lag" setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 02:36 AM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Anyone used the LNC003 as a rolling "anti lag" setup?

Me and some friends were ****** around with the two step tonight and one of them brought up setting the second limiter to be a sort of anti lag for freeway/air strip stuff. His idea and explanation made sense, but I figured I'd ask before trying it.

The main limiter is wired to my clutch for digs/shifting. But his idea was two take the second limiter and wire it to a switch either in the wheel or next to the shifter and set it so that switch on activates the second limiter to say 4,000 RPM (roughly 60 in second). Rolling along get the car to speed and turn the switch on, go WOT and let it bang the new limiter holding the car at whatever speed while also letting it build boost. Light turns green/3rd honk flip the switch and let all he'll brake loose.

I can't see t being different at the motor than sitting at a stop with the clutch in. Am I asking for failure or should I be the test subject?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:34 PM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an N2NB box and had considered that. Talked myself out of trying it because I think it would create some bad harmonics under load and boost and a locked up drivetrain. Cant be good for longevity.
I can get 2-4# off the line and the no lift shift keeps the boost up nicely- but neither helps the traction situation in the lower gears
I am able to build boost by power braking it for about 2 seconds for a roll start. I have heard of people using the line lock for this but I wouldnt want to try that either
Old 06-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I have played with rolling antilag in my old 335 and I don't see the advantage on a Corvette. You have a V8 which makes plenty of torque on the hit, and if you need more you can always brake boost.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Sounds ridiculous at best, you could hurt something applying a 2step while actually driving and under load.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:28 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I've used my N2MB box for rolling anti lag. I set the two step feature of it to be at whatever RPM I'm at in 3rd @ 60. Then at that speed/rpm just barely press the clutch pedal to engage the interlock switch and mash the gas pedal and it builds ~4# or so. It works great in testing but when trying to use it to roll race it didn't work well unless you're at the exact speed/rpm. If you're over the RPM it dies until you get below the RPM and then it will rev up too quick and make it seem like you're jumping. I asked for a feature to be added to dynamically pick the RPM you're at when you engage the interlock but that was well over a year ago and it was never added. I can't see it breaking anything because you're not under full load when the two step is engaged, just enough to keep you at speed/rpm.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 06-27-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Wouldn't do **** if the other guy starts the race at 55.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:32 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Just checking back in. I did try this, and with the secondary limiter set on a button at 4200 RPM my car leaves a 60 roll at 8-9 psi and takes off like a ****** rocket. It's a little weird st first getting used to flipping the switch instead of going WOT to start the race, but I just call it my rolling trans brake
Old 07-11-2017, 05:36 PM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Does it work subtantially better than power braking it? As pointed out, you are locked into a certain MPH and rpm for start.
Stll concerened what the long term affects would be.
Keep us posted.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:38 AM
ss4luck
Racer

I've never seen brake boosting doing anything in my car but putting heat in my brakes. I have a V3T

We pretty much only do 60 rolls out here but I have the RPM written down for 40 and 50 too incase a different speed is agreed upon.

I'll check back in a few months and see if the motor is still running ��
Old 07-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ss4luck
I've never seen brake boosting doing anything in my car but putting heat in my brakes. I have a V3T

We pretty much only do 60 rolls out here but I have the RPM written down for 40 and 50 too incase a different speed is agreed upon.

I'll check back in a few months and see if the motor is still running ��
I hope it would be obvious that brake boosting wouldn't help a supercharged car lol

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone used the LNC003 as a rolling "anti lag" setup?

Quick Reply: Anyone used the LNC003 as a rolling "anti lag" setup?