C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:47 AM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by helga203
If I remember correctly. Weren't you running F1x??
Yes sold the X and bought the single turbo.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:37 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I started my solid roller 427 Precision 6870 TT 2-stage nitrous build 2 years ago. In the middle of it, I got busier and busier building and tuning Vettes and other late model GM cars. I am currently involved in the biggest build of my life. Solid roller dry sump 427 running a cogged F2, built to the hilt, RPS quad billet carbon, custom TR6060 with Tilton spray bar system Haltech Elite 2500 with every option, custom fuel system with 4-Walbro 450's in the driver tank that I designed with a custom relay driver board for it, completely disassembled the car, put new wide fenders all the way around, painting the car, custom aluminum shrouded coolers in both corners of the bumper, custom water cooling lines to the heads, new custom upholstered dash, door panels, seats, headliner, billet 15” spindles, Penske triple adjustable shocks and much more.
We shipped the motor up to Steve Morris' place, flew up there and I tuned it with Steve. I’m not allowed to say how much power it made, but I can say that it should be as competitive as it gets once she’s on the road.
I built a new shop with 4 lifts and a Dynojet chassis dyno. It’s a rare dyno that has more inertia than any other dyno they’ve ever built which helps with getting good WOT data on the higher powered cars.
I have 5 other cars in the shop right now. Once I’m caught up, I’ll be putting old blue back together and get back on my thread.
The following users liked this post:
MVP'S ZO6 (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

wow! Glad to see y'all are still taking it to the next level.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:15 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Milan
The C5 is getting pretty old now, so is the C6 really, all the development is on the C7. As I mentioned above, I've been spending my time tuning lately. I just turned 31 and I don't even remember the last time I tuned a car for someone older than me. The car has just dropped into a price range where people making $12-14 an hour can get a loan on it and even do basic mods if they are living at home.

I can say one thing though, this new generation of car enthusiasts is much less skilled then my generation and especially the people on here older then myself. They basically have no ability to troubleshoot, think critically, etc. They just saw cars doing pulls on 1320video and they want to be part of the life. The worst part is that nobody wants to do maintenance or supporting mods. Sure you can buy an A&A kit for $5k, but nobody wants to spend the other $3-4k on a clutch, fuel system and tires to make it all come together.

In regards to the technical info, I blame Facebook and Internet Brands for all of this. Forums turned way too commercial and drove all the contributing members away. Facebook gave them a platform to interact with people all across the country without constant spam posts and **** moderators. Personal example: I got scammed on a roll bar from Steve @ RSD. Well since they are a supporting vendor, that trumps my supporting member status so the powers that be on here automatically sided with them. Even though many other people have come out saying the same things against them, at the end of the day CF is a business and RSD gives them more money per year than I do. All of this comes at a cost though, as a result I have developed a somewhat negative opinion of CF and I am discouraged from visiting and contributing as much as I once did, and the fact that it's a ghost town around here shows I am not the only one.

You ever notice how Yellowbullet is still an active community? It's because they didn't completely sell out and you can actually post whatever you want over there with zero repercussions. As a result the culture is much better over there and people will still go out of their way to help you if you need it. It's also an older crowd so I guess take that for whatever it's worth.

Sorry for the thread derail....

I'm 34 and what I've seen (at lest in my world the engine building world) the industry is full of young talent. I feel like I'm a little behind the power curve as it pertains to the ages of some of the top talent in the industry today.

Heck one of the senior instructors at S.A.M. (Who was instrumental in the Engine Masters Challenge nitrous class win the school just had) just turned 26 a couple weeks ago.

My old boss and owner at HSquared Racing engines is 27 years old

Taylor sims Dallas performance 2 months older than I am.

Ryne Cunningham of CMS 32 years old.

I think one of the owners at LME is pretty young too.

I'm sure there's countless more people who are young guns.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:11 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I've had a few people text and or message me about my engine.

It's an iron block, I have it listed for 6K but I am open to offers.

Why am I Selling? To build myself a mast headed LSx block.

Did I build the one forsale? No it was built in Cali.

It includes front and rear covers and oil pan.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:38 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Milan this is what you're looking for. I didn't put it in the stuff my apologies. PM me you're Address and I'll get it shipped right away.

Name:  IMG_5313.JPG
Views: 1239
Size:  1.90 MB
Old 07-14-2017, 12:15 AM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Not "my" personal build but one you obviously know about Mike. I'm still waiting on a clutch for mine, but will be at quick 30 in August.

starting on assembly of a 2012 zl1 427lsx custom twin 6870 build I've been working on this year... Not a vette, but still an LS! Custom a2w intake, dual 4" aluminum exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff. Should make at least 500whp.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:29 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I started my solid roller 427 Precision 6870 TT 2-stage nitrous build 2 years ago. In the middle of it, I got busier and busier building and tuning Vettes and other late model GM cars. I am currently involved in the biggest build of my life. Solid roller dry sump 427 running a cogged F2, built to the hilt, RPS quad billet carbon, custom TR6060 with Tilton spray bar system Haltech Elite 2500 with every option, custom fuel system with 4-Walbro 450's in the driver tank that I designed with a custom relay driver board for it, completely disassembled the car, put new wide fenders all the way around, painting the car, custom aluminum shrouded coolers in both corners of the bumper, custom water cooling lines to the heads, new custom upholstered dash, door panels, seats, headliner, billet 15” spindles, Penske triple adjustable shocks and much more.
We shipped the motor up to Steve Morris' place, flew up there and I tuned it with Steve. I’m not allowed to say how much power it made, but I can say that it should be as competitive as it gets once she’s on the road.
I built a new shop with 4 lifts and a Dynojet chassis dyno. It’s a rare dyno that has more inertia than any other dyno they’ve ever built which helps with getting good WOT data on the higher powered cars.
I have 5 other cars in the shop right now. Once I’m caught up, I’ll be putting old blue back together and get back on my thread.

yowsa! now that's a build Im trying to get my $ together to finish up a new build. And actually because I'm a bit delayed I need some advice.

I currently have an LS6 with AFR 225 heads. the engine has a strange tapping that I suspect is a wrist pin

Anyway, I got a late model truck alum 4.8 DOD block and I'm debating on running the stock 3.6 or a forged 4.0 lunati crank

I still have to buy the pistons and will like go with a 3.8 wiseco turbo pistons, and some good pins I have lunati h beam rods

Blown blue here is where I need you! I have a haltech S2000 system with 8 port egr and a relay driver box so I can convert my current Julio alchy system over to the Haltech controlling it.

I need help with installation and tuning on the haltech! I can probably get it wired up but I could sure use a hand getting it tuned. I do have access to a dyno and shop that can work with us on a remote tune if that's feasible. Please PM me your info and lets' talk!

Anyway I'm looking to retain the TTiX kit with bosch 127 injectors and covert the alchy injection over to direct port. I have low rise alum intake to plumb each port, and hopefully EGR and Wideband tuning will help all of this get dialed in.

I'm going to run a c6 z06 3" exhaust and mod the rear package tray for it, battery is back there already.

I've also got champion 3" down pipes and .82 exh housings to free up the top end a bit

Hoping to stay around 800 at the tire, but with improved reliability and the abililty to go to 900+ I'm also anxious to try out using the Haltech boost by speed feature.

I was looking to upgrade to the Elite 2500 and go with traction control, but the budget doesn't look good for that and I already have most of the other junk

I also need to upgrade the fuel system. Looking to do an intank 450 plus perhaps a magnafuel 4303 external controlled by the Haltech

This is a pretty complex system and I'm new to the haltech so I need to get some expertise to get the remainder of the build wrapped up

I hope to start on the short block this month, I can finally order pistons but need to decide on stroke.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I'm 34 and what I've seen (at lest in my world the engine building world) the industry is full of young talent. I feel like I'm a little behind the power curve as it pertains to the ages of some of the top talent in the industry today.

Heck one of the senior instructors at S.A.M. (Who was instrumental in the Engine Masters Challenge nitrous class win the school just had) just turned 26 a couple weeks ago.

My old boss and owner at HSquared Racing engines is 27 years old

Taylor sims Dallas performance 2 months older than I am.

Ryne Cunningham of CMS 32 years old.

I think one of the owners at LME is pretty young too.

I'm sure there's countless more people who are young guns.
I'm not sure if Texas is an accurate representation of the rest of the US. You guys have a lot of advantages that the rest of us don't really have when it comes to this hobby. Good schools, a good economy, year round racing weather, etc. As a result, a lot of the biggest names in performance are down there.

I guess what I meant to say is the youngins are not as DIY as they used to be. Now it's all about dropping your car off at a shop with a blank check and picking it up when it's done. The GTR crowd is the worst offender at this. It's like yeah, they are making a ton of power, but is it even any fun when you have no involvement in it?

Who knows...maybe this is always how it's been and I'm the only one changing. All I know is when I was at TX2K with my 335 this year everyone seemed to be in disbelief that I did the single turbo myself and tuned it myself lol
Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm not sure if Texas is an accurate representation of the rest of the US. You guys have a lot of advantages that the rest of us don't really have when it comes to this hobby. Good schools, a good economy, year round racing weather, etc. As a result, a lot of the biggest names in performance are down there.

I guess what I meant to say is the youngins are not as DIY as they used to be. Now it's all about dropping your car off at a shop with a blank check and picking it up when it's done. The GTR crowd is the worst offender at this. It's like yeah, they are making a ton of power, but is it even any fun when you have no involvement in it?

Who knows...maybe this is always how it's been and I'm the only one changing. All I know is when I was at TX2K with my 335 this year everyone seemed to be in disbelief that I did the single turbo myself and tuned it myself lol
Most people would agree Texas has a great car scene and the reasons you listed are some of the biggest ones. Personally I enjoy cars but do not really like to work on them. I have done it in the past and got pretty good at working my Eclipse back in the day. But even then I never felt any better about doing the work myself vs paying someone to do it. Some people do and some people don't. Built vs bought, I could care less. A lot of people are in the situation as me and that is I don't really have a good place to do the work, all the tools necessary and time to do big jobs. I don't think either way is right or wrong, just have to do what works for you.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by silver408z
Most people would agree Texas has a great car scene and the reasons you listed are some of the biggest ones. Personally I enjoy cars but do not really like to work on them. I have done it in the past and got pretty good at working my Eclipse back in the day. But even then I never felt any better about doing the work myself vs paying someone to do it. Some people do and some people don't. Built vs bought, I could care less. A lot of people are in the situation as me and that is I don't really have a good place to do the work, all the tools necessary and time to do big jobs. I don't think either way is right or wrong, just have to do what works for you.
I definitely don't disagree with you. The older I get the more I realize why people just pay someone else to deal with it. For me, the build is one of the best parts of this hobby, and it kinda sucks that there are less people out there who are enjoying the building process with me as there were 10 years ago. Of course, a lot of this is a factor of my friend group growing up and getting better jobs that allow them to pay someone else, whereas that wasn't an option before.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:46 PM
HOZ06
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Well, it looks like I'm about to add a 6th car to your shop so I guess old blue will have to wait just a little bit longer.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Got the itch to lower my car from the lift and make a couple passes.

Might get back into racing, might sell everything

Good to see you guys still posting here
The following 2 users liked this post by 4DRUSH:
1SwtRide (07-17-2017), MVP'S ZO6 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 10:42 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by HOZ06
Well, it looks like I'm about to add a 6th car to your shop so I guess old blue will have to wait just a little bit longer.
There is a line waiting, head on to the back!
Old 07-15-2017, 03:03 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

My TTi car hasn't really been driven in a couple years.
It's just sitting on a battery tender collecting dust as I mostly drive a C6-Z06.
I was at the track earlier tonight to spectate. Pretty sweet to see cars run faster than anything here by a mile. Every car in competition runs in the 4s in the 1/8th.
I still keep the car plated and insured. Hoping the meth pump hasn't seized for the 10th time from sitting (if anyone tell you to get a meth kit just say no).
I haven't had the itch to go drag racing (I usually road race) but I can sort of feel it coming.
My C5 was built in 05 and was fast at the time - 9s on pump gas with a working AC. Now it seems that anything less than 8s shouldn't see the track. It's frustrating.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:11 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Mine is slowly making progress. So busy with customer cars I really don't have time to do anything else lol I need to go back to being retired. We are about to pull the trigger on buying a local machine shop to take our engine program to the next level.

Right now I have a 67 Camaro getting a full restoration, LS3, 4L70, Detroit Speed front suspension, vintage air, ect....A 70 Camaro getting a LS3, paddle shifted TCI 6X, vintage air.....Finished up a blown gen 3 hemi about a month ago, have a turbo LSX, 540 BBC, 390 AMC, 455 Buick Wildcat waiting on parts / machining....yea, busy as **** lol
Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 AM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hoping to have mine wrapped up in 2 weeks and begin testing

Get notified of new replies

To How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?

Old 07-17-2017, 10:13 AM
skull
Drifting

The GTR crowd is the worst offender at this. It's like yeah, they are making a ton of power, but is it even any fun when you have no involvement in it?

This is 10,000% truest story ever right here for my area in central maryland. ive been building my car for 3 years in the pictures i just posted and all i hear everyday is when is your car going to be done and this and that. but all they talk about is how they dropped it off at the performance shop the other day and should get it back in a few weeks.

it might have taken 3 years and a lot of money i had to wait to earn without taking out a loan on. but when it is done. itll be a car i built with my own money on a car that i modded from the front bumper to the back bumper. It never once saw a performance shop to help do something i couldnt do myself with a little time or practice.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:24 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Skull,
What headers did you use? And what turbo?

Looks good so far.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:26 AM
skull
Drifting

factory non egr flipped forward. and a garrett 88mm

Quick Reply: How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?