C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:05 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Default How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?

How's everyone in the C5 FI section doing? I don't have much time to get on here much anymore. I just wanted to see who's doing what now days? Any new builds or big upgrades?

As for me, my junk just sits there collecting dust. I've turned my efforts to my business so not much time to do anything to my car. I definitely want to do a twin turbo set up and build myself an LSx based 427.

Any interest in my 403 long block? Has AFR heads all the goodies.

If I sell it I'm sure 6K would be what I sell it for. Don't have but maybe 500 miles on the engine since built.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 07-04-2017 at 03:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
winters97gt (07-05-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
How's everyone in the C5 FI section doing?
All quiet on the Western Front.

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I don't have much time to get on here much anymore. I just wanted to see who's doing what now days?
Well, son, this and so many other forums are dying. And I will be banned for saying it.

But it's the truth.

Anyway, all is good in the world of building and tuning cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pekka_Perkeles:
MVP'S ZO6 (07-04-2017), winters97gt (07-05-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 08:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

OP long time since seen you in here,buddy how is life going with you.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:34 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
All quiet on the Western Front.

Well, son, this and so many other forums are dying. And I will be banned for saying it.

But it's the truth.

Anyway, all is good in the world of building and tuning cars.
It's the truth. A sign of the times. Everything is much easier being on FB in one location instead of logging on to all the racing/car forums.

Hey Buddy, interested in that motor. Got a buddy fixing to do a 1000hp build on his lingenfelter C5. His perfectly good LS1/heads cam motor would be an easy sell and he could buy this. Compression and cam specs?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:54 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
It's the truth. A sign of the times. Everything is much easier being on FB in one location instead of logging on to all the racing/car forums.

Hey Buddy, interested in that motor. Got a buddy fixing to do a 1000hp build on his lingenfelter C5. His perfectly good LS1/heads cam motor would be an easy sell and he could buy this. Compression and cam specs?
Where on FB??
Old 07-05-2017, 05:54 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by helga203
Where on FB??
Different LS groups. The replies come quick, where as mentioned, on forums the responses can be slower.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:03 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate going to Facebook for peoples builds and questions and stuff. I think forums are too much easier to follow along and gain knowledge.. Maybe I'm old school but I'm on these forums every single day. Looking at old **** lol
Old 07-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

I'll be joining the ranks here soon as I just snagged an older Kenne Bell kit. Friend has a clutch and fuel solution so once I find a hood to clear the thing I'll be in business. I need to have a look at that flex fuel thread again because I want the power of E85 and the flexibility of E10 for road trips. I know it won't make much of any past the upper 500s but for as cheap as I got it and the supporting mods I can't complain.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Slowly starting to put my car back together. Been busy tuning Corvettes, doing BMW development and just enjoying life.

Glad to see some OGs still on here. FB isn't really my thing...
The following 2 users liked this post by Milan:
blackmachdown (07-14-2017), MVP'S ZO6 (07-07-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 12:12 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Milan
Slowly starting to put my car back together. Been busy tuning Corvettes, doing BMW development and just enjoying life.

Glad to see some OGs still on here. FB isn't really my thing...
Totally understand FB isn't everybody's thing, but shoot, things like the Texas Mile, no prep shootouts, etc are fed live there. It's kind of crazy watching live feeds of guys you grew up racing no against in big races or also watching and commenting on the live feeds.

Easy way to connect and get fast replies or reply to others.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 AM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm tired of working on the car so I'm hesitant to put more power in it (only at 15lbs). I guess all it's gonna take is for someone to hand me my ***... lol.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Totally understand FB isn't everybody's thing, but shoot, things like the Texas Mile, no prep shootouts, etc are fed live there. It's kind of crazy watching live feeds of guys you grew up racing no against in big races or also watching and commenting on the live feeds.

Easy way to connect and get fast replies or reply to others.
I don't disagree there. 10 years ago all that would have mattered to me...now I just do the car thing for myself and to have fun.
winters97gt (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 09:41 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by junk c5
....I guess all it's gonna take is for someone to hand me my ***... lol.
That's how it always plays out...
Old 07-06-2017, 10:22 AM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is back from the dead. Should have it on Dyno tomorrow and track soon after. Been a long 3 years.
Attached Images   
MVP'S ZO6 (07-07-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 10:50 AM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kick *** build !!!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:58 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Y'all going to LSFest?
Old 07-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

I'm in the middle of making some changes, but not in a hurry. I enjoy the build much more when taking the time to make sure it's right. Corvette Forum has changed some in the last 9 years. I think it's still a place for good technical knowledge especially if someone is just starting out. They are probably better off searching instead of just re-hashing things that have already been solved. If a real solution was never found, I'm all for continuing to search for it and bumping an old thread to generate interest. Also, a thread to help diagnose an issue is always great.

Facebook is a good way to reach large audiences related to events, schedules and media and as others mentioned to see things in real time. As far as I can tell it's a poor format for communicating technical knowledge. Everything is sound bites and at the surface layer. I like the tech and digging in deeper on the details. FB doesn't provide the technical knowledge that I need and I've never been much of a spectator or check writer.

The technical knowledge and posting on this forum has decreased some through the years. I'm not sure how the message was received, but my last build thread was a way to document what is actually involved in a build and show the good and the bad. There were the behind the scenes issues that most people don't want to post about. Had I known about some of the things I encountered, I probably would have chosen a different direction.
MVP'S ZO6 (07-07-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?

Old 07-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
The technical knowledge and posting on this forum has decreased some through the years. I'm not sure how the message was received, but my last build thread was a way to document what is actually involved in a build and show the good and the bad. There were the behind the scenes issues that most people don't want to post about. Had I known about some of the things I encountered, I probably would have chosen a different direction.
The C5 is getting pretty old now, so is the C6 really, all the development is on the C7. As I mentioned above, I've been spending my time tuning lately. I just turned 31 and I don't even remember the last time I tuned a car for someone older than me. The car has just dropped into a price range where people making $12-14 an hour can get a loan on it and even do basic mods if they are living at home.

I can say one thing though, this new generation of car enthusiasts is much less skilled then my generation and especially the people on here older then myself. They basically have no ability to troubleshoot, think critically, etc. They just saw cars doing pulls on 1320video and they want to be part of the life. The worst part is that nobody wants to do maintenance or supporting mods. Sure you can buy an A&A kit for $5k, but nobody wants to spend the other $3-4k on a clutch, fuel system and tires to make it all come together.

In regards to the technical info, I blame Facebook and Internet Brands for all of this. Forums turned way too commercial and drove all the contributing members away. Facebook gave them a platform to interact with people all across the country without constant spam posts and **** moderators. Personal example: I got scammed on a roll bar from Steve @ RSD. Well since they are a supporting vendor, that trumps my supporting member status so the powers that be on here automatically sided with them. Even though many other people have come out saying the same things against them, at the end of the day CF is a business and RSD gives them more money per year than I do. All of this comes at a cost though, as a result I have developed a somewhat negative opinion of CF and I am discouraged from visiting and contributing as much as I once did, and the fact that it's a ghost town around here shows I am not the only one.

You ever notice how Yellowbullet is still an active community? It's because they didn't completely sell out and you can actually post whatever you want over there with zero repercussions. As a result the culture is much better over there and people will still go out of their way to help you if you need it. It's also an older crowd so I guess take that for whatever it's worth.

Sorry for the thread derail....

Last edited by Milan; 07-06-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:17 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by 02402ramair
Mine is back from the dead. Should have it on Dyno tomorrow and track soon after. Been a long 3 years.
If I remember correctly. Weren't you running F1x??
Old 07-06-2017, 09:35 PM
willig72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Back up and running

Originally Posted by 02402ramair
Good to see you still out there. Good luck with the set up.
FB don't interest me in the least.

Quick Reply: How's everyone doing? Any new builds or major upgrades?