C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to get more power from a ls6

Old 07-18-2017, 10:20 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default how to get more power from a ls6

I have a forged ls6. I have a d1sc all the supporting mods and bolt ons with Meth. The car made 598whp/545 tq. Is it possible to squeeze out more power without Nitrous? If I upgrader to the F1 blower how much more power could I expect? I am assuming I would have to update my fuel system and injectors. thanks.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:39 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

why not just pulley down some more?... the d1 is capable of making more than what you are putting down
Old 07-18-2017, 11:19 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

People have made over 800 with d1s
Old 07-19-2017, 09:28 AM
tommycobra
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
why not just pulley down some more?... the d1 is capable of making more than what you are putting down
this is true but it depends on the revolutions that the d1 is spinning at they don't like to rev high .. I blew one up on a dyno the d1 spins to around 58k the f1 I think is like 71ish .. I forget the math to find out what the ratio is but it's ur pulley size and the crank pulley size what determine everhthing
Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by prochargedz
I have a forged ls6. I have a d1sc all the supporting mods and bolt ons with Meth. The car made 598whp/545 tq. Is it possible to squeeze out more power without Nitrous? If I upgrader to the F1 blower how much more power could I expect? I am assuming I would have to update my fuel system and injectors. thanks.
What exactly are "all the supporting mods" ?

How much extra do you want ?

What is your budget ?

And has been said a D1 will easily make more than that
Old 07-19-2017, 11:04 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by tommycobra
this is true but it depends on the revolutions that the d1 is spinning at they don't like to rev high .. I blew one up on a dyno the d1 spins to around 58k the f1 I think is like 71ish .. I forget the math to find out what the ratio is but it's ur pulley size and the crank pulley size what determine everhthing
The D1SC max's out at 62,000 RPM and is stated to support 925HP.

If you google Procharger Impeller speed calculator you will find a number of guys who have created spreadsheets to calculate this.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:39 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

to only be making ~600rw and having boltons and supporting mods, whatever those may be, it has to have a donut sized pulley on it and not being spun anywhere near it's max... knowing the other mods, pulley he has now and how much boost it is making, how high the motor is being revved, etc, would definitely help us help him but he's leaving a lot on the table
Old 07-19-2017, 09:45 PM
youngrigo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either you're only making like 7lbs of boost or something is wrong. Im running a P1sc and make 650ish on 10.5lbs not even spinning it hard
Old 07-20-2017, 12:11 AM
prochargedz
Pro

list of mods

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
What exactly are "all the supporting mods" ?

mods: lg long tubes, ghl exhaust, kenne bell boost a pump, alky injection meth, racetronix pump, 60 lb motron injectors, d1sc on an ecs bracket, dewitt cut down radiator with stock fans, intercooler kit that came with my p1sc kit. forged rods, forged pistons, large blower cam, btr valve springs, stock heads, tail bov.

How much extra do you want ? what ever I can max out

What is your budget ? 5k? more. I am on my second motor and numerous trips to "awesome shops".

And has been said a D1 will easily make more than that
Old 07-20-2017, 12:14 AM
prochargedz
Pro

to only be making ~600rw and having boltons and supporting mods, whatever those may be, it has to have a donut sized pulley on it and not being spun anywhere near it's max... knowing the other mods, pulley he has now and how much boost it is making, how high the motor is being revved, etc, would definitely help us help him but he's leaving a lot on the table
It looks like I have a 3.85 giant pulley. I am assuming I have to send the blower back to Procharger to swap the pulley? The last time the car was in the shop, the guy said my fins on my 1 year old blower were bent and it had to be rebuilt at a cost of 1800. I called procharger to see if that was legit and they couldn't tell me the details. They told me to ask the dealer They just said he did send it in. That pissed me off. how much does pulleying down cost??
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 AM
prochargedz
Pro

I was told I need to change to a differnt bracket system so I can get more power out of it.

"I’d want to change the ECS bracket to an A&A. Also, use their flip drive and add an 8 rib kit. Obviously we’d change the supercharger pulley as well with the 8-rib set up"
Old 07-20-2017, 12:31 AM
prochargedz
Pro

The car on the dyno made 12 psi with the 3.85 pulley. 598/545. I spent a **** load of money at two shops trying to trouble shoot an incorrectly installed cam from a third shop. After all the trouble shooting and 3 leak down tests, it was faulty valve springs (beehives) that was sapping power. I was getting valve float. I got tired of throwing money at her just to make 598. I spent the money on my CTSV and she is making 650 on E35 mix. I have the urge to dump it and get a C6z. I have so much money in this thing it would make sense to see what I can do to get more power. I guess I need to up the fuel with the smaller pulley. I guess I will call procharger and see what it will cost to pulley down. do I really need to change to the A&A flip drive 8 rib kit?
Old 07-20-2017, 12:33 AM
prochargedz
Pro

I am also concerned it will get hot under the hood. I will need to get a better spal fan set up that dewitt sells. it is crammed in there compared to my V and not much airflow from the nose. I am about to open up the license plate holder part on the front of the nose to get ore air.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:38 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

3.85 pulley on a d1 with headers, cam, meth, and only making 600rw something is definitely wrong... you are leaving a lot of hp on the table somewhere, maybe your belt is slipping?... how high do you rev the car and how much boost are you seeing at that rpm?... with similar mods as you have and a 4.35 pulley on a d1 I was seeing 12psi and the car made around 720rwhp, that's more along the lines of where you should be especially with an even smaller pulley... you might need bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump when you figure out what the problem is... if you aren't familiar with working on the car and before you spend any money I highly suggest you get the car to a reputable shop to look it over
Old 07-20-2017, 12:44 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

ok you answered some of the questions before I posted... 12psi at what rpm?... did you ever fix the valve spring issue and have the car retuned after that?... I'm not a fan of the bracket you have but assuming everything is working correctly you should easily be making at least another 100hp and probably more... you shouldn't need to change the pulley yet, you need to figure out what the root of the problem is first
Old 07-20-2017, 12:55 AM
prochargedz
Pro

ok you answered some of the questions before I posted... 12psi at what rpm?... did you ever fix the valve spring issue and have the car retuned after that?... I'm not a fan of the bracket you have but assuming everything is working correctly you should easily be making at least another 100hp and probably more... you shouldn't need to change the pulley yet, you need to figure out what the root of the problem is first
I spent over 8k chasing this problem and adding more parts (dewitt, alky injection kit ). Two very reputable shops. First shop couldn't figure out why I wasn't making any power. They told me I needed a new engine after two leak down test. The second shop ( one of the best in my area ) said the cam was installed wrong and changed the valve springs to the BTR. Once they changed the springs the car jumped from 505 rwhp to 598. I will find the dyno sheet and post it.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 AM
prochargedz
Pro

file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Downloads/dynorunShare(1).png

Get notified of new replies

To how to get more power from a ls6

Old 07-20-2017, 09:40 AM
youngrigo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You dont need to add any additional parts to your car.... You need to figure out what is wrong with it...
Old 07-20-2017, 01:09 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Originally Posted by youngrigo
You dont need to add any additional parts to your car.... You need to figure out what is wrong with it...
Yeah, I get you. I took it to two very reputable shops. They had it for 6 months and I never complained about the cost. This is all they could get out of it. I don't have the knowledge to see what is wrong with it if they can't figure it out. I should just be happy with the 600 and call it a day.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:19 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

can you post the dyno, it didn't show up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to get more power from a ls6