C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor mounts Hinson vs Pfadt

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Default Motor mounts Hinson vs Pfadt

I have Hinson mounts and like them are the Pfadt any better?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoken1
I have Hinson mounts and like them are the Pfadt any better?
If you have mounts that work and you are happy with them I would see no point in changing to something else. However the polyurethane in both the Hinson and the Pfadt mounts are known to break down over time when exposed to prolonged high heat on road race cars. Our mounts are a little bit different than both of them in that there is a single bolt tying the whole mount assembly together. So with our mounts the engine cannot move Left Right backwards or forwards, but vibrations are damped by a rubber puck in the center of the two-piece mounts. We used vulcanized rubber instead of polyurethane because it has a much higher operating temperature. We guarantee our mounts for life, and the rubber will never break down. If you ever do find yourself needing to replace your mounts please take a look at our product.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 09-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Smoken1 (09-07-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 08:38 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I've had pfadts on mine for probably 5-6 years and they have been great... personally I like the design better than hinson, the ones above look nice and I would be interested to hear feedback on those

Last edited by neutron82; 09-06-2017 at 08:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Smoken1 (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 09:25 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
If you have mounts that work and you are happy with them I would see no point in changing to something else. However the polyurethane in both the Hinson and the Pfadt mounts are known to break down over time when exposed to prolonged high heat on road race cars. Our mounts are a little bit different than both of them in that there is a single bolt tying the whole mount assembly together. So with our mounts the engine cannot move Left Right backwards or forwards, but vibrations are damped by a rubber puck in the center of the two-piece mounts. We used vulcanized rubber instead of polyurethane because it has a much higher operating temperature. We guarantee our mounts for life, and the rubber will never break down. If you ever do find yourself needing to replace your mounts please take a look at our product.

That's a nice looking piece, do you have issues with them melting down on road race cars? We typically heat wrap motor mounts on the high HP cars or road racers, would be nice to not have to do that.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
That's a nice looking piece, do you have issues with them melting down on road race cars? We typically heat wrap motor mounts on the high HP cars or road racers, would be nice to not have to do that.
I had these in my car for two years before I started releasing them to the market. My engine bay gets no air flow since the front end is all closed off and all air is ducted out the hood. The pucks still look brand new, no heat wrap necessary. A buddy of mine crashed my car at Watkins Glen at 40 miles an hour into the wall. Whole front end had to be chopped and re-welded, but we slapped these motor mounts right back in and kept on going. So between the vulcanized rubbers' resistance to heat, and the quality and strength of our machined parts, we are very confident in guaranteeing these for life.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Maybe I should have asked my question differently. I already have both sets of mounts and was wondering if one is better than the other, as in noise/vibration.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:39 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I ran the Pfadt (actual Pfadt) mounts for about 6 years and didn't have an issue with them. Love the way they looked. I am now running Hinson short mounts for turbo clearance but hate how they look.

Mark, do you offer short mounts?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
I ran the Pfadt (actual Pfadt) mounts for about 6 years and didn't have an issue with them. Love the way they looked. I am now running Hinson short mounts for turbo clearance but hate how they look.

We just sent our narrower and shorter race mount parts to anodize yesterday. Should have them ready to ship next week. They're 3/8" shorter and a 1/2" narrower so you can fit any sized bundle of dry sump oil lines past it as necessary.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN

I have made some mounts that are round with a 2.5" diameter and are .300" shorter than stock. I have about 20 sets sitting on my table that I just have to tap and anodize if you are interested. These are solid aluminum, I bought one stick to make my own mounts and ended up with enough leftover material to make 21 sets lol.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 09-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Motor mounts Hinson vs Pfadt

Quick Reply: Motor mounts Hinson vs Pfadt