C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous from carb to LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:38 PM
Steve@C56
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Nitrous from carb to LS

I have an 10 years old carburated NOS (with NOS blue big bottle) complete package never use
I want to know what i need to transform this carburated package for my LS

I will probably use 100hp at the next dragrace weekend, but want it will be capable to 150 or 200hp
I use E85 fuel
And i'm MN6 !!!

Shoud i use dry or wet system ?

If wet, i want take fuel from front sreader output on my 2000 Corvette LS1 line, so i think i need the right adapters

If dry, does i just need 1/16 dry nozzle, nozzle adapter, wide open throttle switch and windows rpm activated switch ?

Does the never use 10 years old nitrous solenoid have to be change ?
Old 09-21-2017, 05:24 AM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If its a carb system, I would asume its a spray bar type kit with carb plate- which would be hard to adapt.
As I am considering adding nitrous myself, concensus of those Ive talked to recomend dry kit as the manifolds aren't designed for wet flow. THis does however make tuning for it critical.
Solinoid should be fine if stored properly
Your best bet may be to sell or tade it for a single nozzle kit. I picked up a Zex kit with bottle for $175
The following users liked this post:
Steve@C56 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 05:34 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@C56
I have an 10 years old carburated NOS (with NOS blue big bottle) complete package never use
I want to know what i need to transform this carburated package for my LS

I will probably use 100hp at the next dragrace weekend, but want it will be capable to 150 or 200hp
I use E85 fuel
And i'm MN6 !!!

Shoud i use dry or wet system ?

If wet, i want take fuel from front sreader output on my 2000 Corvette LS1 line, so i think i need the right adapters

If dry, does i just need 1/16 dry nozzle, nozzle adapter, wide open throttle switch and windows rpm activated switch ?

Does the never use 10 years old nitrous solenoid have to be change ?
you can swap out the carb spray plate for the throttle body or fogger style in the up pipe

direct port is best on the ls intakes as the are designed to be dry flow and if you step up the power that's what I would recommend

good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Steve@C56 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Steve@C56
Pro

Originally Posted by StatmanRN
If its a carb system, I would asume its a spray bar type kit with carb plate- which would be hard to adapt.
As I am considering adding nitrous myself, concensus of those Ive talked to recomend dry kit as the manifolds aren't designed for wet flow. THis does however make tuning for it critical.
Solinoid should be fine if stored properly
Your best bet may be to sell or tade it for a single nozzle kit. I picked up a Zex kit with bottle for $175
yes, carb plate

i also read this about dry (better for intake, for bottle heating...)

no problem for tune as i use to retune quite each pass for each 0.1s(or less) gain i can ^^ (but never tune for NOS until now, i have to learn... you can teach me... i just know de basics... remove timing/add fuel...)

no sell no trade... i just want a 10s pass all motor (cam, fi, but no nitrous), and the better pass ever (with nitrous, just for fun, if i hit 9, i will be the happyest in the world, even if i do it just one time)... and kit will probably be unmount just after and re-use in carb system in the futur... (or not lol).

zex kit for $175 ? have you a link ????

on zex website, the chipest i find is the Safe Shot Nitrous System ($366.69) just for 15-35HP
no need stuff under 75-100hp

Last edited by Steve@C56; 09-21-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Steve@C56
Pro

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
you can swap out the carb spray plate for the throttle body or fogger style in the up pipe

direct port is best on the ls intakes as the are designed to be dry flow and if you step up the power that's what I would recommend

good luck!
don't want direct port as it's quite just for one-weekend use
TB plate are also expensive and for a specific TB model (perhaps i will swap LS1 TB for larger TB)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Best bang for the buck is our proton kit
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20421-...lb-bottle.html

Pm me for an even better price shipped.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous from carb to LS

Quick Reply: Nitrous from carb to LS