C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubleshooting TT Z06: What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Black8Banger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Update: Ended up having two broken valve springs after taking it all apart. I had the machine shop check everything out and make sure nothing else was damaged. I changed all the valve springs to BTR 660's and put it all back together.
The car seems to be running great now, no more vacuum issues.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

BTW I am bringing your old Z06 back with me.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:13 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

which cyl and which springs broke?

were they both intake valve or exh or both?

if the intakes on 2 cyl didn't close right, you would see a vacuum diff if the cam was hanging the valve open for sure

glad you found the problem and the car is back healthy!

I'd want to find out why those springs failed.

Last edited by Rkreigh; 10-22-2017 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Black8Banger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The intake spring on #4 cylinder broke. That was the only one I noticed. When I took it to the machine shop, they found the 2nd broken spring but didn't take notice to which spring it was. Also interesting was that it was the outter spring that broke on both.

I agree, I want to know why the springs failed but I don't know that I will ever find out. My guess is they are springs that the machine shop installed so they were not a brand spring most of us know. Perhaps it was a manufacturing issue with that brand.

Drew, what is the status of my old car? Is it running and boosted? Man I miss that thing.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Black8Banger
The intake spring on #4 cylinder broke. That was the only one I noticed. When I took it to the machine shop, they found the 2nd broken spring but didn't take notice to which spring it was. Also interesting was that it was the outter spring that broke on both.

I agree, I want to know why the springs failed but I don't know that I will ever find out. My guess is they are springs that the machine shop installed so they were not a brand spring most of us know. Perhaps it was a manufacturing issue with that brand.

Drew, what is the status of my old car? Is it running and boosted? Man I miss that thing.
It has a LS3 402 in it and I have a TT kit sitting here in the garage. It will go in after we get our new shop house built. Work and retirement is preventing me from putting it in and I want the time to do it right.

Quick Reply: Troubleshooting TT Z06: What am I missing?