C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big crowd, Podium does burnout and fails LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Big crowd, Podium does burnout and fails LOL

Everyone is doing burnouts last weekend on the main strip. I resisted until an ACR came up and did one. I knew I could do better. I started roasting them and then active handling kicked in and said no more. So I sped off. I turned it off and tried another burnout down the street (where nobody could see me) and even though I hit the button this time it still came on.

I didnt think to turn it off because I have the traction control turned off in the tune(it wont pull timing if it slips). A buddy watching me said when I hit the brakes and did the burnout, he saw the front tires bouncing trying to hold the car from rolling forward. He believes thats what set turned on Active Handing.

Is there a way to shut it off completely so I can do a burnout? Im worried about this happening when I go to the track.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:19 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Remove the ABS fuse
Old 06-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Remove the ABS fuse
no kidding? I dont care for abs either. Will that give me a check engine light though?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
no kidding? I dont care for abs either. Will that give me a check engine light though?
Shouldn't give you a check engine light but the traction light and brake light may come on. You will get DIC messages for "Service ABS" "Service Active Handling". No matter what messages you get they will all go away once you put the fuse back and clear the codes.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:33 AM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

You don’t have a button to turn off active handling on your center console?

Get notified of new replies

To Big crowd, Podium does burnout and fails LOL

Quick Reply: Big crowd, Podium does burnout and fails LOL