C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband AFR

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 04:53 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteC5Norway
Where did you install the different sensors?
Full time I run a pair of NTK sensors for my Syvecs ecu, 1 in each pipe around 18" after each turbo.

Over the years etc though I've tried a few different things with widebands. I still run a Bosch LSU4.9 in the left pipe just beside the NTK one for an independent gauge.
I have 2 lambda bosses in each exhaust so I can easily mess about.

I've never run narrowband sensors....because there isnt much point with an aftermarket ecu.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:42 AM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So I bought the Aem Uego X series, and have a couple of questions;

Is there some kind of max/min reading on the unit itself, can you after a pull look at max/min values on the display without logging?

What is the simplest way to log, are there any "gadgets" that do just that or do you have to connect a laptop, Hptuner etc?
Old 12-20-2017, 06:45 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Max/min would be totally irrelevant because the info has no value without context...

ie exactly when it occurred, under what driving conditions/load etc...and the extremes of any readings would never really fall when they actually matter.

Easiest and best way to log is via the ecu. I dont use factory ecu's so cant comment as to what they can or cannot log and how easy/hard it might be. I'm sure there are plenty of others here who can advise there.

AEM should offer a logger of some sort too ?

Simplest and least technical....set up a video camera to watch the gauges as you drive. Or even less technical...watch them whilst you drive, with the caveat of not crashing.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:06 AM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Max/min would be totally irrelevant because the info has no value without context...

ie exactly when it occurred, under what driving conditions/load etc...and the extremes of any readings would never really fall when they actually matter.

Easiest and best way to log is via the ecu. I dont use factory ecu's so cant comment as to what they can or cannot log and how easy/hard it might be. I'm sure there are plenty of others here who can advise there.

AEM should offer a logger of some sort too ?

Simplest and least technical....set up a video camera to watch the gauges as you drive. Or even less technical...watch them whilst you drive, with the caveat of not crashing.

The GoPro logger, that was a good tip!
Another thing, tip where to pick up 12V ignition switched, and where did you thread the cables into the cockpit?

Last edited by CorvetteC5Norway; 12-21-2017 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:58 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

For wiring...again you'd need to speak to a Vette owner as to what is best.

At least we have small cameras these days...I recall 20+ years ago using a VHS-C to record some gauges ! lol

Last edited by stevieturbo; 12-21-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteC5Norway
The GoPro logger, that was a good tip!
Another thing, tip where to pick up 12V ignition switched, and where did you thread the cables into the cockpit?
You can get 12V switched from the passenger foot well. There is a wiring pigtail stuffed up in there with the BCM module with a orange, yellow and black wire. The yellow wire is your 12V switched.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:21 AM
CorvetteC5Norway
Racer

Bung welded, exhaust reinstalled and wiring through the opening for the hoodlatch cable. Now for cockpit wiring...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Wideband AFR