C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boosted guys with 4l60e Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 11:05 AM
c5erv
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosted guys with 4l60e Question

I am in the process of installing a A&A kit on my c5 I just wanted to get a idea of How well People with Built 4l60es are holding up I always here about the RPM transmissions but want to see what kind of power people have ran reliably on local shop builds. I currently have a 4L60e that was rebuilt with trans go shift kit and sonnax parts Don't have the list of everything but the shop said I should be safe to about 650. I also have tranny cooler and my average temps are 160 on the highway and I am running a 2800 stall. I don't plan on running a crazy sticky tire because I want to try to prolong the life of the drivetrain.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by c5erv
I am in the process of installing a A&A kit on my c5 I just wanted to get a idea of How well People with Built 4l60es are holding up I always here about the RPM transmissions but want to see what kind of power people have ran reliably on local shop builds. I currently have a 4L60e that was rebuilt with trans go shift kit and sonnax parts Don't have the list of everything but the shop said I should be safe to about 650. I also have tranny cooler and my average temps are 160 on the highway and I am running a 2800 stall. I don't plan on running a crazy sticky tire because I want to try to prolong the life of the drivetrain.
rodney build me a lvl 7 that has been going strong with a precision multi disk lockup

the ttix makes 800 hp at tire 790- torq and the tranny has held up fine

question is how many runs and how long

the more modern build have the improved drum from sonnex and are stronger and can hold up to around 1k hp.

with a non sticky tire, you'll just spin into the ditch and won't have to worry about blowing up your tranny
Old 12-25-2017, 05:10 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Performabuilt has one they claim will live behind a 1000whp+ C5 with no issues for 5k, but I dunno if I believe it.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Kingtal0n
Melting Slicks

Received 723 Likes on 497 Posts

Dana at Probuilt told me that many are using Torque Management to preserve the lives of their transmissions at the strip....
Old 12-25-2017, 06:03 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

I’ve got a FLT (Finish Line Transmission) level VI and I was told there’s guys running into the 8’s in the 1/4 mile. I’ve had it for 1 full season and it’s got super low miles and only a couple track passes but it’s been running flawlessly. FLT is local for me and coincidentally they do great work..

Get notified of new replies

To boosted guys with 4l60e Question

Quick Reply: boosted guys with 4l60e Question