450 install in Early C5 canister - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

450 install in Early C5 canister

Old 01-09-2018, 06:20 PM
TastyBacon
CF Senior Member

Nice to see some love for the 97-98 rails, since I'm planning on using them on my car
You can get adjustable regulators sans vette tax--they are the same style of Bosch regulator used in many German cars: http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php...roducts_id=673
I don't know if that specific one fits the 97-98 rails, but I plan on testing it eventually. It looks like it should fit.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:53 PM
jimbos'ss
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC View Post
Jimbo - might be able to find this cheaper - think I got if for 99 - but this might be of interest. This would let you set your base pressure a little lower to maybe get a bit more out of your pump...

http://www.zip-corvette.com/97-04-c5...regulator.html

With the high pressure E85 450 - I'm thinking of raising the pressure a little bit (maybe base at 60 or 65) - in hopes of getting a little more room out of the 80# injectors.
I switched out the regular 450 and swapped in the e85 pump. I also run ID1000 injectors now. I do like those adjustable FPR's though. Id like to set my pressure right at 58psi to better correspond with what the OS expects to see.

Originally Posted by TastyBacon View Post
Nice to see some love for the 97-98 rails, since I'm planning on using them on my car
You can get adjustable regulators sans vette tax--they are the same style of Bosch regulator used in many German cars: http://www.usrallyteam.com/ithey.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1 0_119&products_id=673
I don't know if that specific one fits the 97-98 rails, but I plan on testing it eventually. It looks like it should fit.
I wish they published dimensional specs on those! I have a spare stock regulator I could measure.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:07 AM
DKS2K
CF Member

My 97 was having fuel pressure after installing the 340 stealth in the stock canister.. but after cutting the bottom of the canister and have the sock hang out of the bottom. No more fuel pressure problem. I also change out to a Walbro 450 in the stock canister just with the bottom cut open.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 AM
HardcoreABN
CF Senior Member

lemme see if I can find my pump. I have a 450 in a 00 bucket - fit with a little modification.

From my research, 2x 450s will not support 1000rwhp on e85

I am going 450 intank for normal driving and a boost activated magnafuel 4303 or the new Aeromotive brushless Eliminator external.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:19 AM
mykream
CF Senior Member

Guys, figured I would revive this thread a bit. I have yet to go through with a larger pump install as I tend to think about things for way too long before I actually do it (not a bad thing I suppose )

Here is my quick thread from a little over a year ago and my last post in the thread may help with the bucket running dry concern.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ank-setup.html

Utilizing the radium jet pump, it can be plumbed one of two ways,
  • Can feed the top port from the return line of a regulator
  • Or feed it from a tee in the feed line off the pump pressure out.
Could run the suction side of the jet pump from the "passive" side of the tank ( hose out to the bottom of the tank).

Now, I am sure you could easily just do as others have said, eliminate the bucket completely, weld a stainless rod to the hat and mount the pump backwards so the filter sock is towards the rear of the tank so fuel will always go back to it under acceleration.

But for the guys that have kept their bucket with a 340+ pump, well then this may be the way to go.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:50 AM
romandian
CF Senior Member

while everybody is here:

on a 99, does the return from the regulator dump into the bucket? and could an evaporation line be used for return?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member

Yes the return dumps into the bucket and I don't know about the evap line. I don't know if the evap lines and tank fittings have a check valve or something in there to keep anything unwanted from entering the tanks.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:21 PM
TastyBacon
CF Senior Member

The evap line is only 1/4" diameter, probably wouldn't work well as a return.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TastyBacon View Post
The evap line is only 1/4" diameter, probably wouldn't work well as a return.
I thought it was 5/16" but you maybe right. Either way it's not enough.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:42 AM
romandian
CF Senior Member

would you guys know where it enters the tank (passenger side i assume)? so far i couldnt locate it, there is some weird stuff behind the rear wheel. maybe at least the fitting could be used.

Last edited by romandian; 07-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by romandian View Post
would you guys know where it enters the tank (passenger side i assume)? so far i couldnt locate it, there is some weird stuff behind the rear wheel. mayby at least the fitting could be used.
What year is your car? I've had fuel tanks from a '99 and fuel tanks from an '01 and the all evap ports were not in the same locations.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 AM
romandian
CF Senior Member

its 1999.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by romandian View Post
its 1999.
I have the 1999 fuel tanks sitting empty in my shed, I'll snap some pics for you tonight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 450 install in Early C5 canister

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: