C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Express purge valve failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 09:40 PM
billy mild
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default NX Express purge valve failure

I'm working on getting a better line ran for my purge valve. Someone suggested an oil pressure line that is copper. I ran this and use the purge once and it went off. I tried to do it again and nothing happened. I traced wiring, I ohmed it out and used a test light for voltage, everything checks out.

I noticed the nut was loose on top and I tightened it down. Still didn't work. I did notice my battery voltage was around 10 volts. Would this prevent it from going off or is the purge solenoid bad? It's 2 years old and maybe used 20-30 times.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:58 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by billy mild
I'm working on getting a better line ran for my purge valve. Someone suggested an oil pressure line that is copper. I ran this and use the purge once and it went off. I tried to do it again and nothing happened. I traced wiring, I ohmed it out and used a test light for voltage, everything checks out.

I noticed the nut was loose on top and I tightened it down. Still didn't work. I did notice my battery voltage was around 10 volts. Would this prevent it from going off or is the purge solenoid bad? It's 2 years old and maybe used 20-30 times.
Yes you need 12v. Anything less would work, but it would need to be lowwww pressure for it to overcome.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:59 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Does it work with no nitrous pressure on it?
Old 07-16-2020, 01:51 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Solenoids of any kind are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. It probably doesn't have the strength to open/close with anything less than 12V

Get notified of new replies

To NX Express purge valve failure

Quick Reply: NX Express purge valve failure