C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Gauge Pods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 01:16 PM
YELLOHHH
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (tbyrne)

The part number for the pod is 12192. This is the complete pillar that replaces the stock pillar. I see that you were talking about the fuel pressure gauge in your above post. We don't have any of the 3363s but do have the 2663s in stock (2 1/16" Z Series by Autometer). I haven't seen or heard of any problems with this. We've put a few in with superchargers over the last few weeks. They all worked fine.

Tom
www.tbyrnemotorsports.com
Tom, do you have a picture of this pillar? I looked on your website, but couldn't find one. All the ones that I've seen are like the one that NoMercy has, that fit over the existing pillar. I would be very interested in one that actually replaces it. Also, what is the price? Thanks,

Greg
:cool:
Old 10-19-2002, 01:38 PM
jeffsc5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (YELLOHHH)

Tom,
I would also like to see a pic of the replacement pillar and a price. Think this would sit back slightly more than the overlap to give a bit more clearance for my hands? Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-19-2002, 01:55 PM
Av8ter
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (jeffsc5)

Tom,
I would also like to see a pic of the replacement pillar and a price. Think this would sit back slightly more than the overlap to give a bit more clearance for my hands? Thanks
Jeff
EXACTLY.....if this is infact a direct replacement im interested in it as well
Old 10-19-2002, 02:30 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (Av8ter)

You know what guys, After installing this part on my car I really didnt feel that it was in the way of turning the steering wheel in any up or down position. It can give you a feeling of being too close in the beginning just because it was not there before.

vetterdstr :cheers:
Old 10-21-2002, 02:44 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

Location: Westport, MA. www.tbyrnemotorsports.com - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07
Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (Av8ter)

I'll try to snap a picture later today or tomorrow. This product replaces your stock pullar and it has the pods built in. Part # is 12192 and price is $59.99.

Tom
www.tbyrnemotorsports.com
Old 10-23-2002, 09:03 AM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (tbyrne)

Tom,

I would like to see a picture too.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:44 PM
newberd
Racer

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (Jim Shearer)

Recieved mine yesterday & started installing last night. The pod fits completely over the stock pillar from the front of the dash all the way up to the top of the windshield. No need to remove the stock one. The only evidence that its an add on will be the small plastic rivits used to hold it in place on the pillar next the driver window. You have to drill some 3/16" holes for the rivits. Also, the cut out for the AC vent didn't look right, so I removed the plastic vent from the stock pillar and will attach it the pod. Looks much better that way. They may have intended for it to be done that way but no mention of it in the instruction sheet. Over all I'm very pleased with the looks, fitment & function. And there is plenty of room between the wheel and top gauge. No problem at all for me. :cheers: :smash:
Old 10-23-2002, 10:42 PM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (newberd)

Also, the cut out for the AC vent didn't look right, so I removed the plastic vent from the stock pillar and will attach it the pod. Looks much better that way. They may have intended for it to be done that way but no mention of it in the instruction sheet.
thats a good idea...
Old 10-24-2002, 06:35 PM
jeffsc5
Racer

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (newberd)

Hey Newberd,
Sounds nice. Is it the one Tom spoke of for $60? Good thinking on the vent. Does it look like the original vent will fit in the new opening or will you have to cut? Just out of curiousity...what 2 gauges did you get? Boost and Fuel pressure? Thanks.
Jeff
Old 10-24-2002, 10:52 PM
newberd
Racer

Default Re: Dual Gauge Pods? (jeffsc5)

Jeff,

I think it is the one Tom was referring to. Its the one AutoMeter has on their website and it was around the $59 mark. The plastic vent cover fits with no cutting of the pod. I will have to use some glue, contact cement, to hold it in place that way if I ever need to go back to stock it won't be a probelm to remove. The opening in the pod is not counter sunk like the stock pillar so the vent cover will not be recessed but it still looks much better that way. I'm using AutoMeter's Super Comp Electronic Full Sweep 2 1/16" gauges for fuel pressure & NOS pressure. I painted the silver bezel ring flat black and now the gauges match the stock dash very close. :cheers: :smash:

Quick Reply: Dual Gauge Pods?