C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A2W Intercooler Mount Location

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 03:47 AM
kromberg
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default A2W Intercooler Mount Location

Does anyone have or know someone that has an A2W intercooler mounted in the passenger seat location? If so, do you have any pics of how the hot and cold side plumbing was routed?
Old 08-13-2020, 09:19 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I don't know of anyone on a C5 with a setup as you described but I'd imagine it would be as easy as cutting a hole in the firewall and welding two tubes into a bulkhead plate that fits the size of the hole. Then just use your choice of couplers, clamshells or vbands to attach charge piping to the bulkhead plate you make.

Obviously I'm oversimplifying how easy it would be but I can't imagine it would be all that bad unless you still have the AC blower/heater core installed. I did find a few older threads on yellowbullet and theturboforums using a quick google search.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 08-13-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:09 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

What’s the reason for wanting / needing the cooler in the passenger compartment? People have for pretty large coolers in the engine bay by simply moving stuff around.

Note. I know there are weight distribution and sizing benefits (you could fit a MUCH BIGGER core) but just trying to understand the need.

I think CPR did a nice under headlight solution that I’m sure could use two cores rather than one. Others have also used a Shearer fab core behind the crash member. Some have tilted the rad forward and mounted a decent size core in the engine bay.

Get notified of new replies

To A2W Intercooler Mount Location

Quick Reply: A2W Intercooler Mount Location