C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some info for zr1 map sensor on hptuners

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 01:07 AM
03redzo6
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need some info for zr1 map sensor on hptuners

So I have a question about the zr1 map sensor. Do I need to change the map sensor linear from 305 kpa to 312.5kpa and the map sensor offset from 10.33 kpa to -11.25kpa. The reason i ask is cause I converted to 3 bar os, and no matter what I do, the car is running pig righ at idle. Its in the high 9 to low 10 afr.
Attached Images   
Old 03-12-2018, 09:32 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

To answer your question, yes, you need to change your linear and offset according to what you have in the motor.

If you're running pig rich at idle, it has almost nothing to do with your MAP values. You need to dial in the VE and MAF accordingly, after putting in the correct injector data. Without the correct injector data, you may never be able to get the car to idle at 14.7. I've gotten injector data from places that I've had to change and come up with my own, just to get the injectors to do what they're supposed to. Some injectors are difficult to slow down enough to get to idle with any real AFR stability, but I've never had to leave one at 10:1 AFR before, and I've got C5's out there with 325lb injectors in them.

It's important to make sure you're idling in the vacuum region and not showing above 100kPa for some reason. If you're idling in power or boost enrichment mode, that'll certainly make things worse.

I can work on your tune remotely if you need.

Bret

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 03-12-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:00 PM
03redzo6
Pro

Thanks for the info Bret. I bought my 80lb deka injectors from the fuel injector connection, and They came with data. I hope it’s the correct data. Also, I’m not running a maf, and I also noticed that the car isn’t going into closed loop, so I can’t really get any data to start dialing in the ve table. I really want to try to figure it out, but if I can’t, I’ll let you know, so you can tune it
Old 03-13-2018, 11:19 PM
03redzo6
Pro

So I figured out the issue. It turns out that my brand new ntk o2 sensors were bad. I replaced them just to try to see if it would work, and sure enough, it started up and when it hit 131 deg ect, it went into close loop. Started adjusting the ve table a bit and now it idle’s pretty good and the afr is staying around 14.7
The following users liked this post:
skull (03-23-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 09:23 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

So often people don't follow up with the solution to the problem that they discovered. Thanks for doing that.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:06 AM
03redzo6
Pro

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
So often people don't follow up with the solution to the problem that they discovered. Thanks for doing that.

No problem. I know what you mean, I look up things on here to try to find solutions, and they almost never come back and say how they fixed the issue. Its a bit annoying.

Get notified of new replies

To need some info for zr1 map sensor on hptuners

Quick Reply: need some info for zr1 map sensor on hptuners