C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haltech Elite 2500 Install/Setup with BlownBlueZ06

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:42 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 136 Posts

Very racecar.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
Very racecar.
That's the goal
Old 05-24-2018, 01:02 PM
douniasg
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

I just started wiring my iq3 and noticed the turn signal wires are labeled backwards in the manual . Not sure if you tested them out. My right light was going off when the left signal was on. Just a heads up. I hope that is the only thing labeled wrong. Your project looks awesme so far.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:23 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by douniasg
I just started wiring my iq3 and noticed the turn signal wires are labeled backwards in the manual . Not sure if you tested them out. My right light was going off when the left signal was on. Just a heads up. I hope that is the only thing labeled wrong. Your project looks awesme so far.
Thanks man, I believe they were working properly when I tested them but Ill double check before I close everything back up.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 PM
SirReaL303
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read through the entire thread and I need this like yesterday for my TT LS2. Awesome info.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:24 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
good luck, doing the same, but the holley dominator piggyback route. I still want to believe in having a "street" car w/ street car thingies
Just curious how it went with the Holley Dominator? Thinking of going that route myself...

Any advantages/disadvantages as compared to the Haltech unit?

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2018, 05:06 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Under-Pressure
Just curious how it went with the Holley Dominator? Thinking of going that route myself...

Thanks!
I've got a haltech but I'll try to give some perspective. The dominator has more widespread support and can control the auto tranny if needed.

both are very feature rich, and so in many cases it depends on what your tuner recommends. both "splice in" on the c5 and can piggy back and retain the factory ecm.

the holley guys can chime in and provide more details. I see lots of both at the track :>

The following users liked this post:
ForceFedC5 (09-21-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 10:42 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

My .02 about the differences between Haltech and Holley, barring the obvious transmission controls, which I don't see as any need over a stock PCM.
The great thing about Holley is that it's simple. The not so great thing about Holley is that it's so simple.
The great thing about Haltech is that it's complicated.
The not so great thing about Haltech is that it's complicated.
I prefer the Haltech because of its abilities that go so far beyond the Holley. Unless there have been upgrades that I'm unaware of with the Holley, the Haltech is able to know what gear you're in (without any switches or anything, just simple arithmetic) and offers an independent fuel and spark map for each gear. If you choose to simplify it, you can perform more simple procedure with creating offsets for each gear. You can also have a boost table for each gear that is also compared or offset by ethanol content, barometric pressure, ECT's, IAT's wheel speed, throttle position and anything else you want to compare to.
The Holley system is clean and simple, but not as complex. Both nice systems but due to the abilities of the Haltech, I prefer it, which is also a possible reason for someone to prefer the Holley.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 09-21-2018 at 11:07 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance:
ForceFedC5 (09-21-2018), FourG63 97GST (09-21-2018), Turpid porpoise (09-21-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 01:29 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

Thanks!
Pick the ecu based on the support you can get for it, when it comes to install and tuning. Since you'll unlikely find data on the internet about it, lot of people in my county uses holley, so that's the route I went, If i have an issue or need help with something. I can just go up the street. That being said, I'm tackling it more head-on, and adapting as issues come up. which i'm sure they will since i'm not 100% on my gauges yet
I only started this week, i'll see how it goes

Last edited by FourG63 97GST; 09-21-2018 at 01:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FourG63 97GST:
ForceFedC5 (09-21-2018), t56mike (11-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2018, 01:49 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

I'm thinking about going Holley myself as it seems to be more prevelant in the area. Just waiting on a quote for a piggy back installation.

Here's a weird question. The engine will be built shortly. Do you know if the Holley will translate the data to the factory ECM if I go with a 58x reluctor wheel instead of a 24x? I only need factory computer to run the gauges, etc and pass state inspection..
Old 09-22-2018, 09:06 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

I'm thinking about going Holley myself as it seems to be more prevelant in the area. Just waiting on a quote for a piggy back installation.

Here's a weird question. The engine will be built shortly. Do you know if the Holley will translate the data to the factory ECM if I go with a 58x reluctor wheel instead of a 24x? I only need factory computer to run the gauges, etc and pass state inspection..
I sincerely doubt it. The Holley doesnt give data to the OEM PCM from my understanding, they just share the same signals. What I mean by that is that you split the signal wires from the crank sensor, cam sensor, etc and wire them in parallel to each ECU so that the Holley/Haltech can run the motor while the oem PCM receives enough data to run the cluster and keep OBD happy. That means that the oem PCM and cluster woild be trying to read a 58x reluctor while thinking the signal it is receiving is from a 24x reluctor.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 09-22-2018 at 09:07 AM.
ForceFedC5 (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 01:11 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise

I sincerely doubt it. The Holley doesnt give data to the OEM PCM from my understanding, they just share the same signals. What I mean by that is that you split the signal wires from the crank sensor, cam sensor, etc and wire them in parallel to each ECU so that the Holley/Haltech can run the motor while the oem PCM receives enough data to run the cluster and keep OBD happy. That means that the oem PCM and cluster woild be trying to read a 58x reluctor while thinking the signal it is receiving is from a 24x reluctor.
That's kind of what I thought. I wonder if I could use the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box only for the factory ECM/gauges/etc. I wouldn't trust it for a build like this, but just to run the gauges I would think it would be fine?

Last edited by ForceFedC5; 09-22-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:04 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

That's kind of what I thought. I wonder if I could use the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box only for the factory ECM/gauges/etc. I wouldn't trust it for a build like this, but just to run the gauges I would think it would be fine?
You could use the box to feed the OEM ecu, which in turn would run the gauges etc as normal. As the OEM ecu isnt performing any important role anymore with regards to the engine, there would be no risk
ForceFedC5 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
My .02 about the differences between Haltech and Holley, barring the obvious transmission controls, which I don't see as any need over a stock PCM.
The great thing about Holley is that it's simple. The not so great thing about Holley is that it's so simple.
The great thing about Haltech is that it's complicated.
The not so great thing about Haltech is that it's complicated.
I prefer the Haltech because of its abilities that go so far beyond the Holley. Unless there have been upgrades that I'm unaware of with the Holley, the Haltech is able to know what gear you're in (without any switches or anything, just simple arithmetic) and offers an independent fuel and spark map for each gear. If you choose to simplify it, you can perform more simple procedure with creating offsets for each gear. You can also have a boost table for each gear that is also compared or offset by ethanol content, barometric pressure, ECT's, IAT's wheel speed, throttle position and anything else you want to compare to.
The Holley system is clean and simple, but not as complex. Both nice systems but due to the abilities of the Haltech, I prefer it, which is also a possible reason for someone to prefer the Holley.
thanks! I'm really interested in learning more about the haltech as I've got an older platinum s2000 and want to move out with it. I have a local dyno and want to piggy back install. very interested in boost by speed and we're going to use a haltech driver amp box to power the alchy injection pump and go direct port alchy injection as well as flex fuel so on days where no e85 is availalbe there is still performance to be had and having all under control of the haltech is great. I also have the 8 egts which I think will really help in tuning. great post and it helps understand how they compare and contrast.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Small update...

I got my alternator, fuse box and starter wiring complete so I finally got to test fire the IQ3. I also tried my hand at thermoforming but I definitely used ABS that was to thick(3/16"). I ordered 3 sheets of 1/16" ABS to give another go. All of the indicator lights on the cluster work(signals, hazards, ebrake, high beams, etc) which means my wiring connections are good.

Aside from that I've been plugging away at all the wiring in my car and I completed the MilSpec flange receptacle that is going in the floor of my trunk. I also completed the plug side that goes to a DTM-12 pin connector just below the Haltech fusebox and then to my new I/O Expander box. The Milspec connector houses Diff Temp, Trans Temp, VSS and Fuel Level inputs as well as the Reverse Lock Output. I used a 26 pin connector so I have plenty of slots left to wires if I decide to add anything else under the car.

Can you expand on the thermoforming? I have something in the works and this looks like it would be good for the mean time
Old 06-23-2019, 12:42 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Podium
Can you expand on the thermoforming? I have something in the works and this looks like it would be good for the mean time
Due to the C5 cluster bending on multiple axis I wasn’t able to get the thermoforming to work and had someone else fab me a cluster surround
Old 06-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Im deciding on what to do to mount my AEM CD7 for the time being. Might do something cool over winter but need a temp solution for now with out hacking up my stock cluster
Old 06-24-2019, 11:42 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Im deciding on what to do to mount my AEM CD7 for the time being. Might do something cool over winter but need a temp solution for now with out hacking up my stock cluster
Remind me to go over some cool options with fiberglass. Once I get my CNC plasma set up, I can cut plates out for these and we can do the glass work off of that.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:21 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Remind me to go over some cool options with fiberglass. Once I get my CNC plasma set up, I can cut plates out for these and we can do the glass work off of that.
Thats essentially what the guy did for me. He bought the Racepak plate, bent a sheet of plastic around the top to form it to the bezel and then filled the gaps.

Quick Reply: Haltech Elite 2500 Install/Setup with BlownBlueZ06