C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSA Supercharger kit on base manual C5

 
Old 03-03-2019, 09:38 PM
  #61  
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Black's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: South Hill Wa
Posts: 722
Liked 117 Times in 97 Posts
Default

I'm going to guess Dorman.
Mr. Black is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 04:46 PM
  #62  
Mike94ZLT1
CF Senior Member
 
Mike94ZLT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: In the pit, trying to love someone.
Posts: 8,327
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I'm going to guess Dorman.
He would have spent a hell of a lot of time grinding, sanding, and filling if so...
Mike94ZLT1 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:34 PM
  #63  
GradyBaby16
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 76
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
What intake manifold is that?
Intake Manifold is a ported TPIS LS6 with a LS2 90mm tb
GradyBaby16 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 09:00 PM
  #64  
GradyBaby16
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 76
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

I just figured low compression so I wont limit myself on boost. If money wasnt an issue my pick would always be a TT over all. And new for new the +$1k I save on LSA vs centri can help with meth or better fuel system or spray, plus I like to be a lil diff. All the vettes I see my way have a centri which I know is also a good setup, I just dnt want to be another centri vette. This wont be a dedicated race car, I tend to spend over an hour in traffic when driving to or from work, plan for it to be a balanced street car whether I'm driving to work, getting a few runs in or just cruising the mountains or long distance trips,. More street runs vs strip or drag and possibly autocross later down the line. I think the LSA would have nicer low end tq too, majority of the centri guys here only bring their cars out for street runs and run full time DRs.

Last edited by GradyBaby16; 03-13-2019 at 09:02 PM.
GradyBaby16 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:55 PM
  #65  
Mike94ZLT1
CF Senior Member
 
Mike94ZLT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: In the pit, trying to love someone.
Posts: 8,327
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GradyBaby16 View Post
Intake Manifold is a ported TPIS LS6 with a LS2 90mm tb
Weird, they must have updated the design. I have that exact same manifold and the neck looks nothing like that.
Mike94ZLT1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:53 AM
  #66  
GradyBaby16
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 76
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
Weird, they must have updated the design. I have that exact same manifold and the neck looks nothing like that.
Do you mind posting a picture of yours?
GradyBaby16 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:02 PM
  #67  
Mike94ZLT1
CF Senior Member
 
Mike94ZLT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: In the pit, trying to love someone.
Posts: 8,327
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GradyBaby16 View Post
Do you mind posting a picture of yours?



How long have you had yours? I put this on my car in 2009 or 2010, it's been awhile. This picture is several years old and things have changed under the hood since then, but you can see the difference in the neck. Mine looks just like what is on the website.
Mike94ZLT1 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:30 AM
  #68  
JumboShrimp
CF Member
 
JumboShrimp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 84
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

That's a VERY tidy engine bay! Cleaner than the OUTSIDE of a lot of cars. Where did you hide your Coil Packs?
JumboShrimp is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 01:24 PM
  #69  
Mike94ZLT1
CF Senior Member
 
Mike94ZLT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: In the pit, trying to love someone.
Posts: 8,327
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JumboShrimp View Post
That's a VERY tidy engine bay! Cleaner than the OUTSIDE of a lot of cars. Where did you hide your Coil Packs?
Thanks! I'll post some updated pics later, I cleaned it up even more and hid some of the plumbing and wiring. The coil packs are next to the battery, you can see the bracket I made out of aluminum and sprayed black. I have a cover that encloses that compartment and you can't see them at all. The drivers side are hidden inside the fender, which you do not have to take off to access them.
Mike94ZLT1 is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 02:53 PM
  #70  
MRc5z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Location: Central Monmouth NJ
Posts: 298
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Looks very nice and clean!
MRc5z is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 04:27 PM
  #71  
JumboShrimp
CF Member
 
JumboShrimp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 84
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
Thanks! I'll post some updated pics later, I cleaned it up even more and hid some of the plumbing and wiring. The coil packs are next to the battery, you can see the bracket I made out of aluminum and sprayed black. I have a cover that encloses that compartment and you can't see them at all. The drivers side are hidden inside the fender, which you do not have to take off to access them.
Anxious to see some of the pics. Especially the ones in the fender area - a lot of horror stories about mounting them there. Also interested in the battery cover - my car doesn't have one. Are they an OEM item?
Thanks!!
JumboShrimp is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM
  #72  
GradyBaby16
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 76
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post


How long have you had yours? I put this on my car in 2009 or 2010, it's been awhile. This picture is several years old and things have changed under the hood since then, but you can see the difference in the neck. Mine looks just like what is on the website.
Love the bay, yeah my neck doesnt look remotely close to that. I got mine 2017 but also second hand through a local performance shop that did additional porting so who knows.
GradyBaby16 is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:23 PM
  #73  
GradyBaby16
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 76
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by JumboShrimp View Post
Anxious to see some of the pics. Especially the ones in the fender area - a lot of horror stories about mounting them there. Also interested in the battery cover - my car doesn't have one. Are they an OEM item?
Thanks!!
I wonder if its something similar to this. I got one online when I first got my car cause I couldnt stand that exposed corner and battery, made the bay look way better. I knew they came black plastic, carbon fiber, and paint matched. Some even came vented with drilled holes. If I could do it again I would have just made it myself after finding out how simple it was for the price



GradyBaby16 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LSA Supercharger kit on base manual C5


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: