Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1000hp build?

Old 05-14-2018, 12:42 AM
ParsonsWV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1000hp build?

Hey guys I am looking at turning my 2002 6 speed into a street/strip car. I recently got the itch to get back into drag racing and don't really have room in the garage for a fifth car. I will not be building the engine myself as I want to be sure it is built properly and not be second guessing myself. I am in South Carolina so are there any shops I should check out and give a call to talk over a build with? I know vengeance down in GA but are there any others?
Old 05-14-2018, 08:39 AM
[email protected] Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ParsonsWV View Post
Hey guys I am looking at turning my 2002 6 speed into a street/strip car. I recently got the itch to get back into drag racing and don't really have room in the garage for a fifth car. I will not be building the engine myself as I want to be sure it is built properly and not be second guessing myself. I am in South Carolina so are there any shops I should check out and give a call to talk over a build with? I know vengeance down in GA but are there any others?
I've specialized in high powered forced induction Vettes for many years now. I am personally engaged throughout the build from end to end. I do all the custom fabrication, design and tuning. I remain involved in the engine builds to the degree that I will personally check the parts measurements down to the ten thousandth of an inch, the same as my engine builders. I also have a nice stash of parts for such a build, ready to go including a F1X with bracket, a few engines, numerous pairs of various CNC ported heads and even a few built TR6060's ready to go. If you look at the stickies above, you'll see that I pioneered the TR6060 swap. Let me know if I can help.

Bret
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 10:20 AM
helga203
CF Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've specialized in high powered forced induction Vettes for many years now. I am personally engaged throughout the build from end to end. I do all the custom fabrication, design and tuning. I remain involved in the engine builds to the degree that I will personally check the parts measurements down to the ten thousandth of an inch, the same as my engine builders. I also have a nice stash of parts for such a build, ready to go including a F1X with bracket, a few engines, numerous pairs of various CNC ported heads and even a few built TR6060's ready to go. If you look at the stickies above, you'll see that I pioneered the TR6060 swap. Let me know if I can help.

Bret
This is the man to go with if you can.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 127 Posts

Bret
Originally Posted by helga203 View Post
This is the man to go with if you can.
I'll second that. Bret guided me through building an LS2 for my goals and he is currently helping me work through a Haltech Elite 2500 install and tuning. He is the guy to go with if you want it done right.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:55 AM
silver408z
CF Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Bret did the work on my car.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:25 PM
ParsonsWV

Thank you for the responses guys.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM
ParsonsWV

Bret
If you could check Pm please
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 838 Likes on 746 Posts

another vote for Bret
Old 05-15-2018, 06:47 PM
0MVP @ TheRaceEngineShop
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Canít go wrong with [email protected] (Bret) He builds and tunes some powerful stuff.

As fsd as your engine, I might know a guy if youíre interested.

in all seriosulness ivd built more than a few for members of these forums and ivd built them for Bretís customers too!
feel free to send a message or contact us through social media. Iíd be happy to write you an estimate on an engine.
The following users liked this post:
Turpid porpoise (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Another vote for Bret! Oh, that a very biased response

Offering products from Procharger, A&A Superchargers, Billet Tech Alternators,
American Racing Headers, Mantic, RPS, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST,
ARP and many more. PM me for details.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:43 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Received 404 Likes on 309 Posts

if you're willing to ship than us. I have a build thread on here of my personal C5 and hold that #1 half mile spot too
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
[email protected]
480-359-5914

Old 05-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

if you're willing to ship than us. I have a build thread on here of my personal C5 and hold that #1 half mile spot too
Joe, does that mean your car is the current record holder for the standing half mile?
Old 05-17-2018, 04:33 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Old 05-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

That's fast indeed. I was asking since I had seen LSXperts run 229 and change. I don't think it was a WGF event either. I'm about to get my car back on the lift and see where it ends up. Lots of work to do.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:08 AM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by [email protected] Performance View Post
That's fast indeed. I was asking since I had seen LSXperts run 229 and change. I don't think it was a WGF event either. I'm about to get my car back on the lift and see where it ends up. Lots of work to do.
That thing is so far from a streetcar it's not even funny. I put almost 10k miles on my car since last year. Full interior, ac, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1000hp build?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: