C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1000hp build?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:42 AM
ParsonsWV
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1000hp build?

Hey guys I am looking at turning my 2002 6 speed into a street/strip car. I recently got the itch to get back into drag racing and don't really have room in the garage for a fifth car. I will not be building the engine myself as I want to be sure it is built properly and not be second guessing myself. I am in South Carolina so are there any shops I should check out and give a call to talk over a build with? I know vengeance down in GA but are there any others?
Old 05-14-2018, 08:39 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by ParsonsWV
Hey guys I am looking at turning my 2002 6 speed into a street/strip car. I recently got the itch to get back into drag racing and don't really have room in the garage for a fifth car. I will not be building the engine myself as I want to be sure it is built properly and not be second guessing myself. I am in South Carolina so are there any shops I should check out and give a call to talk over a build with? I know vengeance down in GA but are there any others?
I've specialized in high powered forced induction Vettes for many years now. I am personally engaged throughout the build from end to end. I do all the custom fabrication, design and tuning. I remain involved in the engine builds to the degree that I will personally check the parts measurements down to the ten thousandth of an inch, the same as my engine builders. I also have a nice stash of parts for such a build, ready to go including a F1X with bracket, a few engines, numerous pairs of various CNC ported heads and even a few built TR6060's ready to go. If you look at the stickies above, you'll see that I pioneered the TR6060 swap. Let me know if I can help.

Bret
The following 2 users liked this post by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (05-14-2018), LedfootLarry (07-28-2019)
Old 05-14-2018, 10:20 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
I've specialized in high powered forced induction Vettes for many years now. I am personally engaged throughout the build from end to end. I do all the custom fabrication, design and tuning. I remain involved in the engine builds to the degree that I will personally check the parts measurements down to the ten thousandth of an inch, the same as my engine builders. I also have a nice stash of parts for such a build, ready to go including a F1X with bracket, a few engines, numerous pairs of various CNC ported heads and even a few built TR6060's ready to go. If you look at the stickies above, you'll see that I pioneered the TR6060 swap. Let me know if I can help.

Bret
This is the man to go with if you can.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Bret
Originally Posted by helga203
This is the man to go with if you can.
I'll second that. Bret guided me through building an LS2 for my goals and he is currently helping me work through a Haltech Elite 2500 install and tuning. He is the guy to go with if you want it done right.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:55 AM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Bret did the work on my car.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:25 PM
ParsonsWV
Cruising

Thank you for the responses guys.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM
ParsonsWV
Cruising

Bret
If you could check Pm please
Old 05-14-2018, 10:15 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

another vote for Bret
Old 05-15-2018, 06:47 PM
0MVP @ TheRaceEngineShop
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can’t go wrong with BlownBlueZ06@RKT. (Bret) He builds and tunes some powerful stuff.

As fsd as your engine, I might know a guy if you’re interested.

in all seriosulness ivd built more than a few for members of these forums and ivd built them for Bret’s customers too!
feel free to send a message or contact us through social media. I’d be happy to write you an estimate on an engine.
The following users liked this post:
Turpid porpoise (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:23 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Another vote for Bret! Oh, that a very biased response
Old 05-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

if you're willing to ship than us. I have a build thread on here of my personal C5 and hold that #1 half mile spot too
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 05-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
if you're willing to ship than us. I have a build thread on here of my personal C5 and hold that #1 half mile spot too
Joe, does that mean your car is the current record holder for the standing half mile?
Old 05-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

according to the list it is.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-c5-list.html
Old 05-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

That's fast indeed. I was asking since I had seen LSXperts run 229 and change. I don't think it was a WGF event either. I'm about to get my car back on the lift and see where it ends up. Lots of work to do.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
That's fast indeed. I was asking since I had seen LSXperts run 229 and change. I don't think it was a WGF event either. I'm about to get my car back on the lift and see where it ends up. Lots of work to do.
That thing is so far from a streetcar it's not even funny. I put almost 10k miles on my car since last year. Full interior, ac, etc.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Brian Shea
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 C5 stock I want to build out

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance

Bret
i have a 1999 C5 convertible stock that i want to build out to 800-1000hp. Can you tell me what I need and the approximate cost?
Old 07-31-2019, 05:58 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Shea
i have a 1999 C5 convertible stock that i want to build out to 800-1000hp. Can you tell me what I need and the approximate cost?

start with a large fortune and prepare to see it get small. for 1000 hp I really prefer turbos. right now I like the huron kit that you can get with a 3" exhaust which is a must.

bigger turbos at a nice angle for the inlet pipes. you can also run a big cent blower and reduce costs, but the huron kit is a great value at discount below 8k or so

now you need a solid engine. I'd recommend an iron block or l33 alum block with a stock crank forged rods and pistons. if you have the budget, a forged crank is nice

so figure around 4-5k for a short block. I wouldn't use the ls1 or ls6 block for this.

clutch, tranny, will need upgrades. for this hp level you'll need a good mantic clutch, and honestly and auto swap will make the car much faster and easier to drive at that hp level

putting this all together and tuning will make all the difference.

IMHO you will be $$$ ahead by buying a car that's DONE. It's what I did and it will allow you to leverage someone else who spent the big $ and sold at a loss

for example, my TT car had over 100k in the build counting the price of the car (gent had $$$) and then the car sold for half that. Same thing with my LPE ZR-1. LPE charged 36k for the mods, I bought the car for 55

again the owner had over 100k in the car and it sold for half that. Now, you can do MUCH better than that. Miles and $$ ahead.

If you want to build it, there are quite a few good choices. I like Brent as he's "end to end" involved in the build and will help you put together a well integrated car that fits your budget

as my friend said when I asked him "how much was it to build your car"

"I gave them an unlimited budget, and they exceeded it" was all he said.

Plan out your project and be realistic with your goals and what you can afford. As for me, I'd snap up that black TT car with the ttix and auto swap for 23k that is right down your way.

you will very easily spend 20k or more modding a car to that hp level with any sort of reliability

Not sure it's still for sale. Buy that car, sell yours, done.

one more option (cheap) 4.8 short block, .020 wiseco forged boost pistons, fresh rings, bearings, balanced stock std crank

the small displacement iron block motors have a thick cyl wall and generous space between pistons and the block strength is great

lil thumper will handle 900 all day long which is more than you will hook on the street anyway. 2500 cash.

good luck and let us know how we can help steer you right.

Get notified of new replies

To 1000hp build?

Old 07-31-2019, 06:09 AM
Brian Shea
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

I have the opportunity to trade the Vette in for a 2016 Hellcat Challenger with 24k miles. They’re asking 45k for the car and offered 12k for trade for the corvette. Thoughts?

Last edited by Brian Shea; 07-31-2019 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:36 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

you want a faster car or a car payment?
Old 07-31-2019, 09:03 AM
INSTIG8R
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Shea
I have the opportunity to trade the Vette in for a 2016 Hellcat Challenger with 24k miles. They’re asking 45k for the car and offered 12k for trade for the corvette. Thoughts?
I'd take that and run

Quick Reply: 1000hp build?