C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper crankcase evacuation and oil separation

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:38 PM
0Catchcans
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Proper crankcase evacuation and oil separation

From Turbonetics on properly addressing crankcase pressure and effective air/oil separation:

BIG boost:

What it helps prevent:

Braided hose AN fitting option normally $100 plus option, NO EXTRA CHARGE for Corvette Forum members. When checking out, put "Corvette Forum" in the comments box.

And what our design traps:

Spun in a centrifuge and analysed we remove 70% water and acids (Sulfuric acid most common), 23% raw fuel, and 7% oil saturated with abrasive particulate matter (soot, ash, carbon).

The most effective air/oil separation crankcase evacuation system on the market under $500. Traps approximately 95% of the compounds you do not want ingested as part of the intake air charge while providing full time evacuation not allowing pressure to build to begin with. More power, less knock retard or detonation, longer engine life as engine oil remains cleaner as we remove most of the damaging compounds entering as blow-by before they can settle and mix with the oil.

www.RXCatchcans.com
Old 06-11-2018, 03:50 AM
LTstewy8
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed one of these, but instead of running the clean side separator to the blower air filter I stuck a breather filter directly on the CSS. My reasoning being that if it were run to the filter (which is mounted directly on the blower) it might see a vacuum. What do you think of this? Should the CSS have a check valve to only allow air in to the crankcase, thus maintaining the "closed system"/ "emissions legal" design?

Last edited by LTstewy8; 06-11-2018 at 03:51 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:05 PM
billetproof97'
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May I ask why the passenger side valve cover pcv was closed off with a rubber nipple? I looped the driver side and passenger side valve covers together and ran my clean side separator to the airfilter on my procharged C5Z.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:05 PM
0Catchcans
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LTstewy8
I just installed one of these, but instead of running the clean side separator to the blower air filter I stuck a breather filter directly on the CSS. My reasoning being that if it were run to the filter (which is mounted directly on the blower) it might see a vacuum. What do you think of this? Should the CSS have a check valve to only allow air in to the crankcase, thus maintaining the "closed system"/ "emissions legal" design?
That is fine. Not emissions compliant but is fine for the operation. The CSS we do not as a fail safe if a ring land pinches or some other issue occurs it will allow pressure to release. Good job!

Originally Posted by billetproof97'
May I ask why the passenger side valve cover pcv was closed off with a rubber nipple? I looped the driver side and passenger side valve covers together and ran my clean side separator to the airfilter on my procharged C5Z.
The Passenger side valve cover on a LS engine is the incoming filtered fresh or "clean" side of the system. We simply are bringing the fresh air in through the billet CSS to give that 4 plus inches of additional height to keep oil out of it. If you retain the stock barb, it is low on the valve cover and allows oil to bake into the main intake air tube. Are you evacuating from the valley cover? If so, then bridging the valve covers is good. Excellent questions all!!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Is that the CoSpeed can system there?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:57 AM
0Catchcans
Former Vendor

They have their own using the same patented internal design.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:37 PM
billetproof97'
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am getting Blow by. the catch can setup is doing its job. But this morning while going to work my dipstick decided it didn't want to stay on the tube so it came off (its not real secure anyway and probably needs a new oring). I assume it was a small 3rd gear down shift I did from 6th gear. how do I fix this from happening? I'm assuming its seeing crank case pressure.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 PM
0Catchcans
Former Vendor

We are STILL offering FREE braided line and AN fittings worth OVER $100 for Corvette Orders from the Forum!

www.RXCatchcans.com

Get notified of new replies

To Proper crankcase evacuation and oil separation

Quick Reply: Proper crankcase evacuation and oil separation