C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AA manual tensioner bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Default AA manual tensioner bolt?

Calling it a night.

I use zip-lock baggies for all my projects to stay organized and to keep from losing pieces. Somehow, I am missing the bolt and washer for my older AA procharger manual tensioner and it is making my brain itch!

Is it just a threaded bolt with a washer under the head, or something special? I don't recall by sight. And I don't recall if it had a sleeve to ride inside the bracket or not.

I know it is a 3/8" bolt, 1.5" length, nc16 thread, likely stage 8. Is that all I need?
Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Wonder if that bracket is the same as the Vortech? Im fairly certain its reverse thread on my Vortech tensioner. Not sure if its the same for yours.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:06 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Just bolt and washers. The bolt that you put your wrench on to tighten it is reverse thread so it doesnt come out when youre yanking on it. Again I dont know if our setup is the same but ill try and help lol.

Last edited by ascastil; 06-11-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:00 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

I never thought to check for reverse threading. I'll be back to the car Tuesday night to take a look and see if I can find what I need. Thanks for commenting on reverse! I had only looked at the bolt going into the tensioner through the bracket.

Edit: In case anyone runs a search in the future and needs an answer... the bolt is normal thread and a commonly available stage 8 piece. As fate would have it, once I began reinstalling the blower tonight I did find the other bolt... right where I left it... in the mount for the catch can to the back of the bracket. Doh! Side note - the new RPM belt perhaps in conjunction with the new auto tensioner is REALLY tight. The washer on the sliding bolt for the manual tensioner is about 1" or maybe 1.5" in diameter. I could see on the back of the bracket that the manual tensioner is now one full "washer's width" to the outside.

Last edited by Tusc; 06-13-2018 at 12:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To AA manual tensioner bolt?

Quick Reply: AA manual tensioner bolt?