C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 z51 Supercharger Build Insight?

Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 AM
VolSince69
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 2005 z51 Supercharger Build Insight?

Having recently joined the Corvette family by way of purchasing a 2005 z51 M6, have come to greatly appreciate this forum. Many great contributors here with much valuable insight shared. Thanks to all that make it happen. Look forward to being a fellow contributor as experience comes along.

So far:
Bought car all original in pristine condition with 36K miles, very well kept. Quickly got used to power, and immediately knew exhaust upgrade was a must. After MUCH reading here regarding exhaust system options, headers, CAI options and thoughts on LS2 intake manifold options, first round of mods included Vararam CAI, FAST 102 (non-ported, kept factory TB), LG Street Series Headers (catted), Borla S-Type II exhaust, and tune. Picked up just over 55 WHP / 58 TQ as registered on a Dyno Dynamics unit (seem to be a bit stingy compared to Dynotech, but that’s for another thread)…

Reside in the beautiful foothills of E TN. Much in the way of mountain road driving is right outside our door (Foothills Pkwy, Hwy 129 into NC [“Deal’s Gap” to most locals, “Tail of the Dragon” to most performance tourists and bikers], Cherohala skyway, Hwy 28, Hwy 441, many others).

For these mountain roads car is great! Sounds great, puts power down effectively, z51 handling shines, just a great driving car. Where it still lacks IMO is open highway acceleration. She’s fast, but not WOW! fast.

Next project contemplating:
Researching adding SC kit as next step. Again, this forum is proving a great resource. Goal is to be at 550 – 600 range whp with good torque. Seeing very good feedback on A&A and ECS kits, considering both. Have about decided on the Centri design for the C6 and narrowed down to A&A / ECS over other options. Have no intention of tracking this car. Only want to put a bit more spirit in my occasional spirited driving.

Concerns:
  1. 2005 differential – understand it is weak. Have not felt any indication of weakness at all to date, but understand the issue is the case and won’t get any indication of a problem until it blows (if), and can possibly do damage to transmission / other if it does. Any 2005 owners out there running SC kits with factory rear differential? If so, what’s been your experience?
  2. Kit specifics – with power goals considered, any upgrades to standard kit recommended? Example (ECS kit): Injectors beyond 60lb?, Drive belt beyond 6 rib?, Fuel system beyond standard Booster?
  3. Any thought on compromise of current drivability in mountainous areas with such addition in horsepower? (NOTE: This comes from recent reading / videos on C7 Z06 vs Grand Sport driving experience – in some cases have seen favor given to Grand Sport due to handling / feel = same grip without being over powered [admit, in my limited experience, of the school of asking is there such a thing?], Z06 is obviously the faster car, it’s the handling aspect prompting the question)
Know this is a long initial post for first thread started. Thank for your patience with a newbie. All insight is GREATLY appreciated!

EDIT:

Any way to move to appropriate forum? Meant to post in C6 Forced Induction / Nitrous.

Last edited by VolSince69; 08-08-2018 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Wrong Location
Old 08-08-2018, 01:50 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,081 Likes on 655 Posts

Feel free to give us a call to discuss this in length, 609-752-0321. You're in luck too, we are having a sale on our supercharger kits while we move into our new shop!

Thanks for your interest in our products.
The following users liked this post:
VolSince69 (08-08-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

In for advice on the diff as well. I've got an 05 widebody conversion making 500 whp on a H/C/I LS2 that's seen 3 road course events (roughly 1.5 hours driving each) with no signs of failure in the diff as of yet and I plan on adding boost over the winter. I was planning on running a diff/trans cooler combo of some sort but if there's still a chance of failure I'd rather save the money and just swap the diff out first.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:02 PM
VolSince69
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Moderator Please

Can a moderator please move this thread to the C6 Forced Induction / Nitrous forum? See no way to do it myself.

Thanks in Advance,
Andy

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 z51 Supercharger Build Insight?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 z51 Supercharger Build Insight?