C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q's on superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 02:15 PM
gmf
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Q's on superchargers

1) Will a magnesun fit under a stock 98 hood?
2) How about prochargers?

Comparing magnesun to procharger. What are the pro/con's of each?

Lastly - I got a quote of 1500$ to install either. Does this seem reasonable? (1500$ is 20 hours labor around here)

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2002, 02:32 PM
55SUX
Racer

Default Re: Q's on superchargers (gmf)

Magnuson will not fit under stock hood. ATI procharger will.

The ATI will make more top end HP because you can run more boost pressure because it is aftercooled. The Magnuson is limited to 5 psi boost because it is not aftercooled.

Some ATI owners have had a lot of problems with belt shredding and overheating, etc. Installation and modifications seem to be much more critical with the ATI kit because of above. Magnuson installs have been pretty much trouble free except for programming A4's and hood quality/fit.

If you don't have an installer that wants to do ATI's R&D and you don't want to change the hood, wait on the Vortech. It's just coming to market and we'll see shortly if it's plagued with problems like the ATI.

You must be lazy because if you did a search you would find plenty of info on this.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:37 PM
gmf
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Q's on superchargers (55SUX)

55SUX,

Thanks for the responses and your right, I guess I am lazy. :(
I should have done a search and should know better! :)
I do appreciate you responding anyway. :cheers:

Magnuson will not fit under stock hood. ATI procharger will.

The ATI will make more top end HP because you can run more boost pressure because it is aftercooled. The Magnuson is limited to 5 psi boost because it is not aftercooled.

Some ATI owners have had a lot of problems with belt shredding and overheating, etc. Installation and modifications seem to be much more critical with the ATI kit because of above. Magnuson installs have been pretty much trouble free except for programming A4's and hood quality/fit.

If you don't have an installer that wants to do ATI's R&D and you don't want to change the hood, wait on the Vortech. It's just coming to market and we'll see shortly if it's plagued with problems like the ATI.

You must be lazy because if you did a search you would find plenty of info on this.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:59 PM
rambler323
Burning Brakes

Exactly how much extra height does the magnacharger need before it will fit?
Old 10-25-2002, 09:22 PM
ken-rx
Burning Brakes

I can only speak for the ATI 8lb system. Installed on a stock C5 in about 15 hours. U_N_B_E_L_I_E_V_A_B_L_E. The car is a blast. Did use the Becool radiator though. No real problems, just great results. I think some people have had problems due to poor installation/and/or quality in the particular kit they received. Worth every penny in my opinion. :chevy :D I'm sure the Maganussun system works great, its simpler, with fewer hassles. BUT you still have to program it and thats a major thing to do right. Good luck
Old 10-25-2002, 11:46 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Q's on superchargers (ken-rx)

I can only speak for the ATI 8lb system. Installed on a stock C5 in about 15 hours. U_N_B_E_L_I_E_V_A_B_L_E. The car is a blast. . . .
I'm sure the Maganussun system works great, its simpler, with fewer hassles. BUT you still have to program it and thats a major thing to do right. Good luck
Sounds like great fun. :cool: But, I'm puzzled about your comment about programming it. That's true for both the ATI & the Magnuson, right? :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Q's on superchargers

Quick Reply: Q's on superchargers