C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so many problems with ATI Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 05:04 PM
STAGED
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Why so many problems with ATI Supercharger? (vetterdstr)

I guess you guys the customers have truly the greatest power in forcing aftermarket companies to make things better. I also noticed (much to my chagrin) that a lot of domestic-made go-fast parts require more post-install work than one made for imports and the price/frustration after rework is generally much higher than bloated import go-fast parts after all is said and done.

But then again true hot-rodding is embracing these challenges and using one's own ingenuity to make things work. :hat

As far as speed shops are concerned, I'm sure some are upset with the complications of te ATI kit people are reporting. Being hung up on frustrating problems costs time and money (either to the speed shop or customer or both). Meanwhile idiot proof pkgs. such as the Magnuson pkg. (awaiting new of Vortech) will allow speed shops to punch out more jobs more quickly and make more money in the same way regular auto repair shops can generally punch out idiot-proof easy-as-gravy brake jobs quickly while reaping high profit. For the majority of speed shop business out there it's all about a rapid flux of customers (in and out) and without any hangups that cost time and moola.

[Modified by STAGED, 9:15 PM 10/29/2002]
Old 10-29-2002, 05:38 PM
jeffsc5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Why so many problems with ATI Supercharger? (Mr.Tool)

Mine is in the shop as we speak being installed, finally. Going by the majority of what I have read on here, I feel ATI was my best choice. A good price, great output and also didn't have to change the hood to fit it. I'll let you know in a week and a half, hopefully, how it comes out. Good luck with yours.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Why so many problems with ATI Supercharger?