C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02z getting A&A kit installed, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 04:58 PM
albodent
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02z getting A&A kit installed, need some advice

Hey guys, ordered v3 si kit from Andy this weekend and planning to install at home whenever it comes in. The car currently has 224/230 114 comp cam with only axle back borla. I wanted to get some opinions on pulley size. Should I stick with the 3.8 or go for a little more boost with the 3.6. Will be leaving the stock headers on it with the h-pipe. Car is my daily and dont want it to be too loud. Stock clutch has not been acting up so will ride it until it gives, then replace with better.

Also, for tires, would you guys rec going with something wider than the 295 or get a stickier compound on the stock speedlines? Nitto, MT, toyo??

Any other advice on the install? I guess hood and front bumper off completely?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2018, 03:35 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Boost is addicting, go to a 3.6 and get a meth kit and do it all in one shot... youll end up wanting more boost/power/safety soon enough lol
The following users liked this post:
albodent (08-22-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 03:56 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd leave the 3.8 if you have stock exhaust. You are leaving a lot of restriction there which isnt great for the engine. Definetly forcing more air in there than the exhaust can get rid of.
albodent (08-22-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

What are you goals with the car, regarding tire usage.

You will need a clutch. No way around it. I wouldn't even try it without.

Last edited by Water_Walker; 08-20-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:30 PM
albodent
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies, fellas! The car is my daily and I am just looking to make some more power without sacrificing too much. Very short ride to work and no clutch dumping or power shifting. I want to be at mid to high 500 to the wheels, its useful and fun. Anything beyond that seems like a struggle to put down and maintain.

For tires, I have super sports on my blown viper and not too big a fan. Car still skates around, regardless if warmed up or not. Might have to get something stickier.

The clutch has not given me any issues so far. Some Sebring days and local drag strip. Once it gives, I will pick up another. Maybe c6z clutch to swap out at home on the lift.

I may just start off with the larger pulley and then move down once the bug bites again. Hope this keeps me smiling for a while. I am sure I will have more questions as I run into issues with install. Seems straight forward so far, wanted to pick up some gems while here before I start taking it apart.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

I have not used them, but Toyo R888 may be something to look into.

I have M/T SS on the back. They hold 700+

Two very different tires used for different reasons.

Last edited by Water_Walker; 08-21-2018 at 08:49 PM.
albodent (08-22-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 11:52 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

At least that cam has a little more exhaust duration that helps a little. I’d go with 3.8
albodent (08-22-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by albodent
Thanks for the replies, fellas! The car is my daily and I am just looking to make some more power without sacrificing too much. Very short ride to work and no clutch dumping or power shifting. I want to be at mid to high 500 to the wheels, its useful and fun. Anything beyond that seems like a struggle to put down and maintain.

For tires, I have super sports on my blown viper and not too big a fan. Car still skates around, regardless if warmed up or not. Might have to get something stickier.

The clutch has not given me any issues so far. Some Sebring days and local drag strip. Once it gives, I will pick up another. Maybe c6z clutch to swap out at home on the lift.

I may just start off with the larger pulley and then move down once the bug bites again. Hope this keeps me smiling for a while. I am sure I will have more questions as I run into issues with install. Seems straight forward so far, wanted to pick up some gems while here before I start taking it apart.
I would be concerned about the clutch not functioning properly when on the dyno, thus it cannot be tuned. If mid-500's is the power goal, I have not heard of a stock clutch holding that. For reference, my stock clutch couldn't hold 438rwhp on, at that time, my cam only Z.

Get notified of new replies

To 02z getting A&A kit installed, need some advice

Quick Reply: 02z getting A&A kit installed, need some advice