C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeromotive Eliminator Pump Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 03:24 PM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Aeromotive Eliminator Pump Install

I currently have a dual fuel pump setup that I homemade years ago in my 99 FRC. One pump runs primary and the second one comes on with a 4 psi Hobbs switch. I have some spike in pressure when the second pump comes on and the primary pump doesn't seem to want to hold at 58psi. It usually floats around 50-52 psi. So now to my current thoughts:

I have always wanted to revamp my fuel system with a big external pump and make my own lines and go to a boost referenced regulator. Now is the time! I have have procured an eliminator pump and all the lines to do my setup. I know there are better systems drop in and etc.. but this is what I have in hand. My question is this, would you all go back to just a stock in tank pump and run it primarily then kick the eliminator on at 1psi or should I buy a controller and run the eliminator all the time?

Old 09-15-2018, 08:04 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I use a walbro 450 for full time duty and a magnafuel 4303 that will come on when needed.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:46 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 95BlueBomber
I currently have a dual fuel pump setup that I homemade years ago in my 99 FRC. One pump runs primary and the second one comes on with a 4 psi Hobbs switch. I have some spike in pressure when the second pump comes on and the primary pump doesn't seem to want to hold at 58psi. It usually floats around 50-52 psi. So now to my current thoughts:

I have always wanted to revamp my fuel system with a big external pump and make my own lines and go to a boost referenced regulator. Now is the time! I have have procured an eliminator pump and all the lines to do my setup. I know there are better systems drop in and etc.. but this is what I have in hand. My question is this, would you all go back to just a stock in tank pump and run it primarily then kick the eliminator on at 1psi or should I buy a controller and run the eliminator all the time?
A couple things come to mind when reading your thoughts/plan.

First, I'll start with your proposed setup and why you'll want to shy away from it. Using a big external pump as a primary for you car is absolutely not the way to go. First off, its just overkill and will cause excess heat in the fuel system as well as voltage draw. Second, with the limited space under our cars will make it challenging to mount an A1000 or similar. IF you do find somewhere to stick it, I can promise you it will be up and out of the air flow and will cause pump overheating issues. Also, using the Eliminator pump anywhere in the system is going to be total overkill.

Your second thought is more on line as to what you're actually going to want to do but with one modification depending on your ultimate goal. I can tell you that my car is an honest to goodness 8 second pump gas street car that you can drive every day anywhere in the country and I've taken great time and care to develop the fuel system that works for that. Maybe your goal is faster than where I currently am, and if that's the case you can step up to Harcore's setup but again....I don't even think that's a must where he is either.

You'll want to do an twin intank setup using a pickup like the one that Lonnie's makes. Truth be told, I wouldn't waste your money on his actual setup. Sure its nice not to have to make something but for what you get its a bit overpriced. You, or anyone can make one that will work just fine with a bit of effort. I was able to get his pickup used at a good price so it was just easier for me to use it. From there I have twin Aeromotive 340's in the tank, one for primary and the second one kicks on at 2psi via a Hobbs. I also use the Racetronix hotwire wiring as its complete and actually gives me the ability to switch between primary and secondary pumps by just changing one connector in the engine bay. For me doing Drag Week this is important incase the primary pump dies in the middle of nowhere I'll be able to switch to the secondary pump and continue to drive on that one pump for the time being. From there I ran my own lines and filters.

This setup has proven itself consistent and more than enough headroom in fueling to feed my car without issues.

- Travis
Old 09-24-2018, 05:22 PM
gearheadib
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-install.html
This is how i did mine
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I bought a now discontinued Aeromotive controller. 16303 is the part number. I plan to run my hotwired 255 like normal, all the time. Then I’m going to run my A1000 with the controller, which has a boost pressure reference port. From there it has 5 section of adjustment slider ***** that you can set the fuel pump speed based on power %, there is a rotary switch that you set your max expected psi with. Which from that amount the controller divide that evenly between the 5 slider *****.

max psi of 10, gives you 5 sections based on 2 psi increments, 30 psi gives you 5 based on 6 psi increments.

It also also has a 0-5 volt signal input for over ride. I plan to use that tied into a starter engagement signal (reduced to 5v?) or some type of Hobbs switch on the fuel rail/regulator in order to prime the system, then let the co troller handle the fuel pump ramping as needed.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:59 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sabastian458
I bought a now discontinued Aeromotive controller. 16303 is the part number. I plan to run my hotwired 255 like normal, all the time. Then I’m going to run my A1000 with the controller, which has a boost pressure reference port. From there it has 5 section of adjustment slider ***** that you can set the fuel pump speed based on power %, there is a rotary switch that you set your max expected psi with. Which from that amount the controller divide that evenly between the 5 slider *****.

max psi of 10, gives you 5 sections based on 2 psi increments, 30 psi gives you 5 based on 6 psi increments.

It also also has a 0-5 volt signal input for over ride. I plan to use that tied into a starter engagement signal (reduced to 5v?) or some type of Hobbs switch on the fuel rail/regulator in order to prime the system, then let the co troller handle the fuel pump ramping as needed.
Honestly I really think you're doing way too much to arrive at the same outcome. You're adding a whole other component that can fail (FYI those first gen controllers don't have the best rep) and you'll have to dial it in as well. Its just not needed, but its your rig so you're welcome to set it up how you please. I'm just trying to offer my real word knowledge and advice.

- Travis
Old 09-27-2018, 09:57 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

There really isn’t anything else out there that can control the A1000, I don’t want to have a spike in fuel pressure when the pump comes on. I do t want the on/off and nothing in between. It’s just too much fuel.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:41 PM
gearheadib
Instructor

Originally Posted by sabastian458
There really isn’t anything else out there that can control the A1000, I don’t want to have a spike in fuel pressure when the pump comes on. I do t want the on/off and nothing in between. It’s just too much fuel.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/16006-...ontroller.html
Use this with a hobbs switch set at the boost level you want the pump to start at.. Use it to control the A1000 pump like it would control the solenoids The Max EZ is capable of powering nitrous and fuel solenoids with a total amp draw up to 40 amps maximum I run a A1000 with a 30 amp fuse so this controller will work fine. It just a simple PWM controller

Last edited by gearheadib; 09-28-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: to add
Old 10-01-2018, 11:05 AM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by trayack
A couple things come to mind when reading your thoughts/plan.

First, I'll start with your proposed setup and why you'll want to shy away from it. Using a big external pump as a primary for you car is absolutely not the way to go. First off, its just overkill and will cause excess heat in the fuel system as well as voltage draw. Second, with the limited space under our cars will make it challenging to mount an A1000 or similar. IF you do find somewhere to stick it, I can promise you it will be up and out of the air flow and will cause pump overheating issues. Also, using the Eliminator pump anywhere in the system is going to be total overkill.

Your second thought is more on line as to what you're actually going to want to do but with one modification depending on your ultimate goal. I can tell you that my car is an honest to goodness 8 second pump gas street car that you can drive every day anywhere in the country and I've taken great time and care to develop the fuel system that works for that. Maybe your goal is faster than where I currently am, and if that's the case you can step up to Harcore's setup but again....I don't even think that's a must where he is either.

You'll want to do an twin intank setup using a pickup like the one that Lonnie's makes. Truth be told, I wouldn't waste your money on his actual setup. Sure its nice not to have to make something but for what you get its a bit overpriced. You, or anyone can make one that will work just fine with a bit of effort. I was able to get his pickup used at a good price so it was just easier for me to use it. From there I have twin Aeromotive 340's in the tank, one for primary and the second one kicks on at 2psi via a Hobbs. I also use the Racetronix hotwire wiring as its complete and actually gives me the ability to switch between primary and secondary pumps by just changing one connector in the engine bay. For me doing Drag Week this is important incase the primary pump dies in the middle of nowhere I'll be able to switch to the secondary pump and continue to drive on that one pump for the time being. From there I ran my own lines and filters.

This setup has proven itself consistent and more than enough headroom in fueling to feed my car without issues.

- Travis
No more than the pump will be on I can't imagine heat being an issue. I currently have dual intank 255's that I made myself back in the day before there were other options. I know its overkill but it gives me the ability to go any direction I want with the car as far as fuel system goes.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gearheadib
I like this! I am going to run my lines through the rocker I believe. Any downside to this you believe? Also, can you detail your wiring a little for me?
Old 10-14-2018, 12:31 PM
gearheadib
Instructor

I like this! I am going to run my lines through the rocker I believe. Any downside to this you believe? Also, can you detail your wiring a little for me?
no down side

Get notified of new replies

To Aeromotive Eliminator Pump Install

Quick Reply: Aeromotive Eliminator Pump Install