C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauges recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:42 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Default gauges recommendations

I am just about to buy a A&A blower kit. I want to get two gauges, boost and vacuum and a rich/lean gauge. I found the two gauge pod in the autometer website. there seems to be electronic gauges that are way expensive and mechanical ones. which one do you recommend?? the pros and cons if you can explain. thanks. ed.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Wideband air fuel gauge and fuel pressure. You really dont need a boost gauge but it doesnt hurt.

AEM’s new X series gauges have gotten some great reviews and I’ve had good luck with innovate and zeitronix gauges although people hate on the innovate widebands
Old 09-26-2018, 03:25 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

wideband youre going to need some sort of electronic gauge, no way around that. Boost you have the option of mechanical or electronic. Mechanical you'd run the vacuum line all the way into he gauge itself, very simple setup. Electronic, the sending unit could be mounted under the hood and then just some electrical wires to the gauge itself. Many of the electronic ones also will calibrate at startup so 0 = atmospheric pressure and have peak hold/memory etc. If you want the gauges to match then you're probably going to have to get something in the same series as the wideband and electronic.

I am planning on running AEM x series when I get there. Boost and Wideband. I have a fuel pressure sensor hooked up to the rail and have it wired into the EGR port, so i can datalog it, but don't feel like i need to see fuel pressure constantly

Get notified of new replies

To gauges recommendations

Quick Reply: gauges recommendations