C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roots blowers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 11:20 PM
0260N5
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Roots blowers

Pondering the idea of adding a roots style blower to a stock heads and cam ls1 car what can I expect Car has minimal bolt ons no headers. this option require less modification than a csc kit and i always liked the looked of a blower sitting on an intake.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:42 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

You can expect instant torque, high intake temps and a maximum of 650 whp. I dont know why you say a centri blower takes more customizing because I don’t feel that is the case. I was able to install an A&A kit on my 99 with one arm in a sling, not very difficult at all.

The worst part is pinning the crank pulley and you’ll have to do that on any belt driven setup

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 09-26-2018 at 06:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-02-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 10:41 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

get a kit that uses the TVS rotors for sure (better efficiency, less heat, more power), but a stock car's fine... just don't expect the world from it. exhaust will really be your friend there. i made about 540h/520t on a stock LS1 + headers & 3" running about 10psi my TVS2300. stock exhaust would likely be about that boost level at 500ish hp or a little more.
the torque is what makes it SO much more fun to drive because it's so predictable & consistent-feeling

logistical expectations: either modify an LS2-style heartbeat kit (ask Funcool about his) or plan on getting a new hood. you'll need a 90mm TB + adapter harness (or re-wire the stock TB plug), and as with any boosted vehicle, a catch can will keep your intake & cylinders cleaner.

disclaimer: if you straight-line drag race a lot, a centri'd probably be a better-suited for the job.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-02-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Roots blowers

Quick Reply: Roots blowers