C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please. Can’t find solution to this problem.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:02 AM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help Please. Can’t find solution to this problem.

Hello, I’ve been having this itch about my dyno numbers and how the car runs. I have 1999 C5 Corvette, the mods are,

- Procharger pushing supposedly 10psi pulley 4.10 intercooled
- Fast 102 intake
-90mm throttle body
-160 thermostat
-Deatschwerks 78Ib injectors
-4L65e Upgraded trans to handle 700hp and 700tq
-Stall Converter 2500-2800
-3.42 Gears diff
- 340lph aeromotive fuel pump and with harness to alternator for more voltage.
-ls2 fuel rail
-tr6 spark plugs
- bbk shorties headers
- Straight pipe from headers back
-pcv delete
- 2 Trans coolers
- Bigger radiator
- no MAF, previously tuned on speed density tune
- 2 bar MAP sensor
- full E85 tune
And this was my dyno graph. Good but I believe for all the stuff I have it should be higher right? Or I’m I just crazy? Also my boost graph is all over the place?
Old 09-27-2018, 01:05 AM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

Dyno graph
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-04-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 06:31 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Don't take my word on this but let's see if I've learned something on the forum or if I fail the quiz lol.
4.10 pulley, Fast intake and TB. Pulley down and ditch the Fast stuff. Go with an LS6 intake and stock tb. Also, if this was just a dyno pull and not a dyno tune, maybe your timing is really really safe lol. Idk, just a few observations. Somebody else will chime in and correct me.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:59 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

1. Your peak boost is 7.81 so you're not hitting 10 psi anywhere and yes the boost looks a bit funky with all the fluctuations, boost on a centri should be pretty linear. Which Procharger head unit are you running?

2. Ditch those BBK shorty headers and get some real long tube headers.

3. What do you mean PCV Delete? How are you removing crank case pressure?

4. Who tuned the car? Was it tuned with all of these parts installed?
Old 09-27-2018, 05:30 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Stock heads and cam? I'm not completely shocked at the numbers through an auto at that boost level.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
1. Your peak boost is 7.81 so you're not hitting 10 psi anywhere and yes the boost looks a bit funky with all the fluctuations, boost on a centri should be pretty linear. Which Procharger head unit are you running?

2. Ditch those BBK shorty headers and get some real long tube headers.

3. What do you mean PCV Delete? How are you removing crank case pressure?

4. Who tuned the car? Was it tuned with all of these parts installed?
1. It’s a p1sc head unit. I’ve been to like 4 timers and no one can figure the problem of boost fluctuations. The belt is good and tight.
2. Ok will do.

3. I changed the pcv system. I put breathers on the crankcase to let it breath.
4. I’ve been tuned by many respectable good tuners in my area and it was tuned with everything on.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:41 PM
MRc5z
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Have you done a boost leak test down?
Old 09-28-2018, 01:26 AM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

Originally Posted by MRc5z
Have you done a boost leak test down?
I don’t kno how to set it up? Should I do it from the charger inlet? Or from the piping after the charger? And also wats the easiest way to find a boost leak?
Old 09-28-2018, 07:19 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown Ls1

1. It’s a p1sc head unit. I’ve been to like 4 timers and no one can figure the problem of boost fluctuations. The belt is good and tight.
2. Ok will do.

3. I changed the pcv system. I put breathers on the crankcase to let it breath.
4. I’ve been tuned by many respectable good tuners in my area and it was tuned with everything on.
1. Perform a boost leak test. It could be something as simple as the BOV being forced open or a clamp that needs to be tightened down more.

3. Breathers are ok but you'd be much better off utilizing the PCV system to pull crank case pressure rather than just allowing it to vent. 3/8" lines are efficient up to 600whp so theres really no reason to remove the PCV, just put a catch can inline.

I don’t kno how to set it up? Should I do it from the charger inlet? Or from the piping after the charger? And also wats the easiest way to find a boost leak?
Perform the test from the charger inlet, that will pressurize the entire system. Spray soapy water at all couplers and watch for bubbling.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

1. Perform a boost leak test. It could be something as simple as the BOV being forced open or a clamp that needs to be tightened down more.

3. Breathers are ok but you'd be much better off utilizing the PCV system to pull crank case pressure rather than just allowing it to vent. 3/8" lines are efficient up to 600whp so theres really no reason to remove the PCV, just put a catch can inline.

Perform the test from the charger inlet, that will pressurize the entire system. Spray soapy water at all couplers and watch for bubbling.
OK 👍🏾 Sounds good. I’ll try all of that ASAP.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:13 PM
MRc5z
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

👆

Everything he said
Old 10-01-2018, 02:56 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Where and how are they recording boost ?

Is there a BOV fitted ? Is it installed and working correctly. That should have been a very easy test on a dyno.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

I have fixed some hose going to intercooler that were loose. It should fix the leak. Also I fixed belt slip with a better and smaller belt I bought. Also question I pulley from 4.10 to a 3.6 pulley how much of a difference should that make? My power goal is 500 min. And 550 would be amazing.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:17 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

You're going to make quite a few psi more boost with the pulley change. Even with the low boost on the previous pulls, you should've made significantly more power. I just finished tuning one at 7psi that made 590whp on pump gas and nowhere near an aggressive tune. Your dyno graph isn't properly showing the pull that you made. No way you had all those boost fluctuations and still ended up with a perfectly straight horsepower line. I consider it important for the lines to show the reality rather than getting smoothed and averaged out. With that new pulley, you should easily make 700+whp. If you don't, PM me and I'll go over some things with you. I don't believe your problems ended with discovering the boost leaks.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:50 PM
Blown Ls1
Navigator

Default Vette questions.

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
You're going to make quite a few psi more boost with the pulley change. Even with the low boost on the previous pulls, you should've made significantly more power. I just finished tuning one at 7psi that made 590whp on pump gas and nowhere near an aggressive tune. Your dyno graph isn't properly showing the pull that you made. No way you had all those boost fluctuations and still ended up with a perfectly straight horsepower line. I consider it important for the lines to show the reality rather than getting smoothed and averaged out. With that new pulley, you should easily make 700+whp. If you don't, PM me and I'll go over some things with you. I don't believe your problems ended with discovering the boost leaks.
yes I feel that my car is all sorts weird or my tuners can’t figure out the problem with the power and stuff? I’ve been to 5 tuners of high quality and none can help me. I’ve been so frustrated likely. Plz help. I would greatly appreciate it
Old 10-04-2018, 09:21 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 207 Posts

My 2000 C5 Corvette is supercharged (Procharger P1 SC1), with a similar build to yours. On 7.2 lbs. of boost (not sure about my pulley size), mine recorded 517 WHP on the dyno. So I agree that you should be making significantly more horsepower. Wishing you the best in solving the problem, as I know how frustrating an issue like this can be.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:58 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

yes I feel that my car is all sorts weird or my tuners can’t figure out the problem with the power and stuff? I’ve been to 5 tuners of high quality and none can help me. I’ve been so frustrated likely. Plz help. I would greatly appreciate it
Sounds more like the 5 tuners you have been are not of high quality or your problems would be fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To Help Please. Can’t find solution to this problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Please. Can’t find solution to this problem.