C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A - standing mile, any fuel or cooling issues I should anticipate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:54 PM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I run run race gas for these events, that should take care of any octane issue.... and I plan on staying at basic/lowest boost

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
the supercharger will be fully spun up and loading the engine MUCH harder than on the dyno and on the street. At a minimum, I'd try a longer dyno pull and make sure the tune is SPOT on as the mile stuff will load the engine like never before and fully stress the parts.

run good gas, and make sure you stay away from detonation and don't get too greedy and overboost. If the car survives a real hard dyno pull and the data logging looks good, I would not hesitate.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:20 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I just came from the wanna go fast event in ocala florida. fast cars turn around 140 in the half mile. real fast cars 150-165... insane cars 170-200. a new zr1 clocked 170. a twin turbo lambo hurican ran a mclaran 720s and wiped it out. the mclaren had run 169 unfortunately the timer did not work for the lambo but it must have been very close to 200. lots of demons running. 150-168 average.. those demons do have lots of power. they spin at mid track even with the factory drag radials.

Quick Reply: A&A - standing mile, any fuel or cooling issues I should anticipate?