C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NA Boost a pump question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Btmhwb
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Nitrous boost a pump question

Fellas,

I have purchased a 20 amp boost a pump for my nitrous C5Z which i was having fuel pressure issues with. I have the racetronix hotwire kit installed so the only thing left to do is install the BAP. i am going to use a vacuum switch (got a new one from KB, as i bought a used BAP off ebay) so my question is: where do you put this dang thing? i see that other forum members say to pull the vacuum from the brake booster vacuum line. If that is the case, I will splice into that line. It looks like the brake booster vac line is a 1/2 inch line.....I will need to get a 1/2 inch to 1/4 tee to splice this in so i can wire my switch up, as the vacuum port on the KB switch appears to be 1/4 inch. does this sound like it is correct? Its just hard to find any info on this, as most folks are using the boost switch instead of the vacuum switch because they are supercharged. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Btmhwb; 11-01-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:50 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

You can tee into any vacuum source as long as its behind the throttle body. I prefer to parallel a relay for the boost-a-pump with the nitrous solenoids. That way everythings always in unison.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Btmhwb
Advanced

Thank you for the response! I tee'd into the brake booster vacuum line this weekend but the switch didnt activate. I then wired it to run all the time (temporarily) by bypassing the switch and i hit the nitrous.....saw low 11s and even a 10.9 on nitrous so i am sure the BAP was working well. I am kind of wondering if the switch was not sired correctly....does this switch have polarity? I assume so, because it has one red and one black wire. I will check to be sure i didnt cross them somehow. thanks again
Old 11-05-2018, 01:04 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

I think with the racetronix harness there is plug and play connector for the boost a pump. Do you have it plugged in there?
Old 11-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Btmhwb
Advanced

yes it is plugged in and working fine. Just not getting it to activate on WOT right now so it is temporarily hardwired. I am wondering if i had the switch wired backwards.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:22 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Hobbs or vacuum switches arent polarized unless of a solid state design. Try to parallel a relay like i mentioned for the boost-a-ump activation.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Btmhwb
Advanced

ok thank you for the help!! i will try that

Get notified of new replies

To NA Boost a pump question

Quick Reply: NA Boost a pump question