C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 10:26 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Default Meth nozzles

Does anyone know if there are meth nozzles with check valves. I couldn't get my afr consistent and it was driving me nuts. So I realized before meth turns on one of the nozzles is spraying meth. The other nozzles are pressuring the one. So I completely removed hoses and got the afr perfect. I would not want to by 4 check valves at 45 bucks each.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I don't know of any nozzles with check valves but I just use one single check valve before both of my nozzles and I haven't had an issue with it yet.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:21 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

I don't really understand your post about meth spraying before the pump turns on or nozzles pressurizing other nozzles, but the best I've seen is the AEM nozzles, which have the check valves are part of the nozzle holder body right next to the nozzle. The back end of the nozzle holder is 1/8 NPT so you could run a fitting there to convert to AN or whatever you're using.

Usually the annoying thing about meth in my experience is after the pump turns off, the nozzle continues to spray for x amount of time while the line pressure bleeds down below check valve threshold. Keeping the lines short as possible, check valve close to the nozzle helps but does not solve it. A better solution would be to install a solenoid as well as close to the nozzles as possible. Maybe this is what you are describing and just had a typo in your post or something.

edit: re-read original post--are you running a check valve at all?

Last edited by aaronc7; 11-12-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:23 AM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Same as what he said
but I fail to see how not having a check valve would create this issue? All the check valve does is keep the meth from going backwards, not forwards
Old 11-12-2018, 03:58 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Thanks for replying guys. Ok let me explain a little better. I have 4 15gph nozzles with about a foot per nozzle of clear nylon tubing going into a 4 way splitter valve with the 5th tube going to a check valve then the 2 pumps. So when I turn off the pumps and hit boost I can see that the 3 tubes full of meth are being pushed back into the 1 nozzle. So there about 3 feet 1/4" tubing of meth. The 4 way valve has no check valve. Let me know what your thinking so 1 tube into a 4 way splitter valve to 4 nozzles. Kinda better understanding???
Old 11-12-2018, 06:32 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I probably have 2ft of tubing after my check valve but I start spraying meth at 2psi- one nozzle pre blower.

Are all the nozzles not seeing boost at the same time? They should cancel each other out
Old 11-12-2018, 06:32 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

Yeah, why do you have 2 pumps merge to one line, only to spit 4 ways after?? Why not just run 2 pumps in parallel or staged injection or whatever you're doing... and Y each pump outlet and run it's own check valve? Just seems strange how you have it set up now but maybe there is some method to the madness.

In your current config, are all nozzles in the charge pipe before the TB? If any are post TB, then under vacuum it will siphon any fluid out.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:07 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Originally Posted by aaronc7
Yeah, why do you have 2 pumps merge to one line, only to spit 4 ways after?? Why not just run 2 pumps in parallel or staged injection or whatever you're doing... and Y each pump outlet and run it's own check valve? Just seems strange how you have it set up now but maybe there is some method to the madness.

In your current config, are all nozzles in the charge pipe before the TB? If any are post TB, then under vacuum it will siphon any fluid out.
This is what i'm taking about. This is a great ideal why did i not think of it. LOL
Yes, they are before the TB but i have no other problems. I'm going to recofig like you suggested and i'll get back, thank you.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:30 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

I have no idea if that is somehow related to the issue at hand, but I think that will be a good idea either way! Maybe get 2 new check valves since you're going to need a second one anyways, to help eliminate variables.

Also, 4 x 15 gph nozzles, holy moly!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:03 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Originally Posted by aaronc7
I have no idea if that is somehow related to the issue at hand, but I think that will be a good idea either way! Maybe get 2 new check valves since you're going to need a second one anyways, to help eliminate variables.

Also, 4 x 15 gph nozzles, holy moly!
yes will do. Yeah got to feed meth at 30lbs boost ..
Old 11-15-2018, 06:41 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by helga203
Does anyone know if there are meth nozzles with check valves. I couldn't get my afr consistent and it was driving me nuts. So I realized before meth turns on one of the nozzles is spraying meth. The other nozzles are pressuring the one. So I completely removed hoses and got the afr perfect. I would not want to by 4 check valves at 45 bucks each.
More details needed on your configuration.

Aquamist make nozzles with built in check valves, but they're relatively small. And generally check valves are only needed if the nozzles are in the intake manifold.

As for 4 x 15gph nozzles....almost seems pointless.

I've done a lot of testing with the AEM 200psi pump, and in real terms it can barely supply 12-1300cc worth of fluid at a sensible pressure. So I can only imagine how low your supply pressure with that many big nozzles would be, it must be dropping pretty low even with two pumps. Would love to see some data on that, as it seems nobody actually tests or records such things and my results shocked me..

But would it not be more simple just to run 1 pump to 2 nozzles, and not interlink them all ? Or various companies make inline check valves if you're just using regular push on plastic hose, or they're available for pneumatic stuff where the fittings originate.

Or use an inline solenoid.

Get notified of new replies

To Meth nozzles

Quick Reply: Meth nozzles