C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel rail test port

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 08:10 PM
newberd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP - fuel rail test port

Anyone have trouble with the fuel rail test port fitting coming loose? I put a manifold on it to add a pressure sending unit and fitting came loose. Didn't think I over tighten it but it came loose regardless. Never had any trouble with the AN line going to the fuel noid. The fitting looks like it was just pressed in. Of course it leaks now! :mad I tried to thread the end cap and screw in a 4AN fitting but the cap is too thin. It won't seal. Tried JB weld & solder. No luck, still leaks. I have a replacement fuel rail on order but it will be a week before I get it. Chevy dealer said it has to come from the factory because its not stocked at the warehouse. Its $200.

I guess I'll make a short AN line to go from the test port to the manifold and secure the manifold somewhere around the alternator bracket and then on to the fuel noid.

Any other ideas? :confused:

[Modified by newberd, 6:32 PM 10/28/2002]
Old 10-30-2002, 02:29 AM
newberd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: HELP - fuel rail test port (newberd)

Finally fixed it this afternoon. Silver solder did the trick. :smash:

Quick Reply: fuel rail test port