C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

build finished and new dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:32 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Default build finished and new dyno numbers.

My supercharger install complete. Car made 470 rwhp on mustang dyno with head and cam/intake install. car ran well and set up well. Installed supercharger from A&A. It was the T series blower with 60# injectors, boostapump etc. dewitts cut down radiator and gauges. etc.. final number. 700!! rwhp at 6200 rpm. ran out of pump and injector. Tuner said car is a monster with more left on the table. It has stock bottom end original ls6 engine with 30k miles. It also has longtube kooks with corsa catback etc.. ls7 clutch. Very happy with results. This was installed and tuned at Lashway Motorsports in Ft.Lauderdale Florida yesterday. Will be picking up today. ..
Old 12-13-2018, 09:33 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

btw.. no meth or e85.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:42 AM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

this is with stock fuel pump, with just a boostapump and injectors?
Old 12-13-2018, 11:10 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

stock fuel pump with boostapump and #60 injectors. car needs a high volume pump and 80# injectors to make power past 6200 rpm. I am pleased with the 700 and dont want more. I am past the limits of the stock bottom end so I dont want to push it. at 700 horse it is going to be a handful to handle this.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:20 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Stock pump generally would tap out around 550hp, even when wired. hopefully the numbers are just inflated. what gauges do you have in the car? either way, re-evaluate your fuel system. your fuel pressure is likely tanking, and they're using the injectors to compensate it. You can benefit from switching over to E85 also, for the added safety. I assume you're in south florida, it's accessible. it'll allow you to be more conservative on the tune and still make the power.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:35 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Even if you don't want more power. I would upgrade the fuel system. You are on the edge of being ok and blowing up with a small failure.
The following users liked this post:
FourG63 97GST (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Im more impressed with the 470 with H/C/I on a mustang dyno.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:54 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

btw, this dyno was also a mustang dyno. I have dyno sheets to prove it. Owner says his dyno is a low reading dyno. He said it was quite safe and it pulls 11 pounds of boost. Maybe in the future I will upgrade fuel system. This is a car I never drive. I have maybe put 500 miles in 4 years. Actually it peters out at 6400 rpm and it shows it on the dyno sheet. He set it up where it just stops climbing power after fuel system max out. The 470 dyno numbers also came from Mustang dyno at Horsepower sales. The owner of Horsepower sales personally tuned and modified this car for himself. The few people that drove it said it was a very stout car for what it had. Owner of Lashway who also tuned it said he has had many 1000 horse camaros and vettes but finds this car brutish with lots of power because of its lighter weight and massive power. Maybe I just have the right combination of parts on this one. I have come to think that not all cars are made equally. Some cars seem to dyno higher than others. Even when assembled with the exact same parts the dyno numbers are not the same many times. when I had my 1990 ZR1 I found it gm dynoed every lt5 that came out of the factory. the discrepancies were so different that they refused to give the owners their dyno sheets because it would cause an uproar and maybe lawsuits. I dont know why my car dynos well but it does. It sounds like it too. No inflated numbers here. Actually, even before Josh at Lashway dynoed the car, he tried to prepare me for lower than expected dyno numbers because of his low reading mustang dyno.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:17 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

I'm not doubting what the sheet says, you'll just be the worlds first to make 700whp on a mustang dyno, while using stock fuel pump, 93 and no meth.
from a physics standpoint, the stock 190LPH fuel pump, can't physically flow 700whp worth of fuel. I'm familiar with both those shops. they provide great numbers and happy customers. If you don't track you car or run into another 700hp car, you'll be fine.

but here's an example why not to get caught up in dyno numbers.
Camera car is has ported manifold/Longtubes/CAI LS3 C6 i put together, makes 425whp on a dynojet and traps 121mph in the 1/4. The C5 has a cammed LS3, makes 470whp, and built and tuned at horsepower sales, both cars has dyno sheets too

Old 12-14-2018, 10:59 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

sad to hear that you think that horsepower sales has a number happy dyno. Let me tell you it doesnt. I am not defending Jeremy Preston at all. I know his dyno is not nearly as number happy as a dynojet dyno. Mustang dynos usually make people very unhappy and people flee from these historically low number producing dynos. I have never been fortunate to have a street corvette dyno so high. I had a somewhat famous 1200 horsepower fox mustang in the late 90's in south florida and I could not buy a race. I even went to ft.lauderdale and nobody would take a bite either. I had a supergas and supercomp license and ran my mustang to a 8.70 at 158 in quarter mile in reading pennsylvania. I had 85k in that car and had the engine custom built by Crawford Performance by Ronnie Crawford. Engine was tuned in Detroit by John Meany at DFI. I dont use dyno numbers as race numbers. it is just a way to tune a car period. Some people said that 470 was too high for a n/a z06. Ok, now on another dyno it pulls 699 rwhp and 547 torque and someone thinks that this mustang dyno is liberal with its numbers. their are many reasons way one car can beat another car with more power,, gearing, transmission gearing, torque curve,... there is a youtube video with a supercharged c5 making more power versus and na c6 z06 and the c6 z06 grinds its way up the rpm range and has longer gear runs and pulls away from the c5 in most of the races. there is one race where the c5 has a rolling start form 40mph for both cars, puts the c5 immediatley in its power band and wins that race. put both cars on the same dyno and give me a number. put your car on lashways dyno and see what it says. Josh at Lashway has tuned many 1000 horse cars and he warned me about low horsepower readings on his dyno. It pulled 699 at 6450 rpm. dyno sheet available. everyone has an opinion and thats ok. I am happy with my cars performance and notice I was not looking for any dyno heroics. I even told Josh to be safe and not go for the gusto on my car. I even told him I am not interested in upgrading the fuel system or injectors. Mustang dynos are notorious for giving low horsepower numbers. My car has been on both. Both Jeremy and Josh have raced and driven very fast cars. Both said my car runs very hard. Knowing I still have another 40 horsepower available with fuel and injector upgrades I wont be upgrading any time soon. My car is fast enough.

Last edited by edram454; 12-14-2018 at 11:04 PM. Reason: info change
Old 12-15-2018, 09:45 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by edram454
sad to hear that you think that horsepower sales has a number happy dyno. Let me tell you it doesnt. I am not defending Jeremy Preston at all. I know his dyno is not nearly as number happy as a dynojet dyno. Mustang dynos usually make people very unhappy and people flee from these historically low number producing dynos. I have never been fortunate to have a street corvette dyno so high. I had a somewhat famous 1200 horsepower fox mustang in the late 90's in south florida and I could not buy a race. I even went to ft.lauderdale and nobody would take a bite either. I had a supergas and supercomp license and ran my mustang to a 8.70 at 158 in quarter mile in reading pennsylvania. I had 85k in that car and had the engine custom built by Crawford Performance by Ronnie Crawford. Engine was tuned in Detroit by John Meany at DFI. I dont use dyno numbers as race numbers. it is just a way to tune a car period. Some people said that 470 was too high for a n/a z06. Ok, now on another dyno it pulls 699 rwhp and 547 torque and someone thinks that this mustang dyno is liberal with its numbers. their are many reasons way one car can beat another car with more power,, gearing, transmission gearing, torque curve,... there is a youtube video with a supercharged c5 making more power versus and na c6 z06 and the c6 z06 grinds its way up the rpm range and has longer gear runs and pulls away from the c5 in most of the races. there is one race where the c5 has a rolling start form 40mph for both cars, puts the c5 immediatley in its power band and wins that race. put both cars on the same dyno and give me a number. put your car on lashways dyno and see what it says. Josh at Lashway has tuned many 1000 horse cars and he warned me about low horsepower readings on his dyno. It pulled 699 at 6450 rpm. dyno sheet available. everyone has an opinion and thats ok. I am happy with my cars performance and notice I was not looking for any dyno heroics. I even told Josh to be safe and not go for the gusto on my car. I even told him I am not interested in upgrading the fuel system or injectors. Mustang dynos are notorious for giving low horsepower numbers. My car has been on both. Both Jeremy and Josh have raced and driven very fast cars. Both said my car runs very hard. Knowing I still have another 40 horsepower available with fuel and injector upgrades I wont be upgrading any time soon. My car is fast enough.
Its weird that dyno #'s mean so much to some people. If you like the way the car pulls then so be it. If you go out and show people up on some runs tell them it's stock with a bad pulley making that noise the blower makes. When i run guys and show them up i tell them it's stock.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:07 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Ahhh the good ol' "its a very safe tune with lots left in it" and "the dyno is stingy dyno/heart breaker". No one EVER says the dyno they used is known for giving out inflated or even just normal numbers Or that they put the tune on kill.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:15 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by edram454
I'm not really concerned with the dyno numbers, it's really irrelevant in the real world. sounds like you made the numbers at two different places anyway.

I just find it interesting that you're only car to make that type of power on a stock pump and no meth. And it doesn't concern you. I'll atleast be curious the fuel pressure and duty cycles are looking like. That is all.
​​​​
Old 12-16-2018, 09:53 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

well I have received negative opinions from some forum members are have decided to attack my integrity by saying the numbers are exaggerated and that the mustang dyno is very generous with its numbers and that my tuner rigged the numbers up so it would make me happier...and then one guy even said that that not only mustang dynos give inflated numbers but that I will be ok at the track as long as I dont run into a guy with 700 horsepower. All I have done is post what my car did with natural power on Horsepower sales mustang dyno and what it did on Lashways mustang dyno after supercharger install. I am taking the advice of a professional tuner in this case its Josh Isaacs of Lashway Motorsports when he said and explained that I will be ok with the setup I have now and if I want in the future I can add a hi volume fuel pump and bigger injectors. this is not made up. He is a professional tuner and has tuned hundreds of cars and many way over 1000 horsepower. I am taking his recommendation. If anyone of you who criticized his methods are better tuners than he is and have tuned hundreds of cars like him then your word might mean something to me. I went to his shop and its loaded down with LS powered cars from camaros, gto's and corvettes and also lambos. This car has only been on two dynos, horsepower sales mustang dyno natuarlly aspirated where it knocked down 468 rwhp and Lashway motorsports where after the supercharger install knocked down 699 rwhp with 547 ft lbs torque and both are mustang dynos. these numbers are impressive and so is my car. I am looking at the dyno numbers only to see if my 20k investment in my modifications are giving me results and am not just wasting my money.I had a 1200 horsepower mustang that I raced and also won the world of wheels with so I know what power feels like at that level. do you??? how fast have you gone in the quarter mile?? anybody mid 8's?? doubt it. Other than checking to see if my mods are working, I dont give a crap about dynos since most people lie and dont offer up dyno sheets.

I use to belong to the zr1.net registry when I had my zr1 and that group made you feel like a brother. they were always very helpful and many times actually helped members fix there cars. sometimes even arranging to meet at a forum members house, since its a older crowd they have money and own things, to fix problems and install new performance parts free of charge. hardly ever a negative commend just helpful advice and compliments etc.. This is the first time I actually post a supercharger build and publish the actual numbers. Some people did not like my numbers because they were too high. One guy said that the 470 rwhp was too high and I must have the fastest c5 z06 natually aspirated car in the country... a snide remart or a bad attempt at a joke. I am not a pimple faced millenial so I dont like my integrity questioned especially since I made my info so transparent and you can easily check it out if you thought I was lying. It was a mistake to post anything about my car on this site. Instead of offering an atta boy or maybe constructive criticism I found some members just began to question my shop choice, their dyno or everybodys mustang dyno and the tuners ability to tune correctly. I am a paying member on this site so I just dont hang around and post stuff without paying membership fees. I no longer want to talk about my car on this site. Not for a while.

Regards.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:02 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

dyno in this case means something to me because it justifies the money I have spent on my mods. thats all. nothing weird about it. other than that I can give a crap about dynos or dyno racing with dyno racers.. You are right. You will not see a supercharged emblem or anything mentioning supercharger on my car. You will only hear a whine from my car and the whining of the guy that just got trashed racing my car.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:48 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Build threads are cool. Build threads with timeslips are even cooler. Do you have any timeslips for this build?
Old 12-17-2018, 12:03 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

If I had built a race car I would give you time slips. I dont plan to trash this car on the quarter mile track. been their done that. this is a street car. air conditioning, cruise control etc. maybe a quick sprint from 50-150...thats it. I dont want to deal with broken axles or transmissions or rear ends etc.. This is built for only street driving and an occasional jaunt on the street. I am not even going to guess what it can do since there are so many variables that determine a quarter mile time. I do know that it will be fast on the street 50-150 mph sprint.

Get notified of new replies

To build finished and new dyno numbers.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:39 AM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

If you want to feel good and know if you got what you paid for, bring that car to the track and make one pass. My front mount Corvette is also a 100% pure streetcar. I needed to know If I got what I paid for so I brought my car to the track and made one pass. I’ve got a daily driven single digit street car that makes below 700 rear wheel. FWIW, The last pass I made in November with my mustang went 5.41 through the 1/8th....
Old 12-17-2018, 05:39 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

so that is on a c5z06? what afr are you seeing?

Last edited by romandian; 12-20-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:34 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by silver408z
Ahhh the good ol' "its a very safe tune with lots left in it" and "the dyno is stingy dyno/heart breaker". No one EVER says the dyno they used is known for giving out inflated or even just normal numbers Or that they put the tune on kill.

You forgot "You have a really strong car, I didnt think it would make that much".

Quick Reply: build finished and new dyno numbers.