C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

build finished and new dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 08:29 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by edram454
If I had built a race car I would give you time slips. I dont plan to trash this car on the quarter mile track. been their done that. this is a street car. air conditioning, cruise control etc. maybe a quick sprint from 50-150...thats it. I dont want to deal with broken axles or transmissions or rear ends etc.. This is built for only street driving and an occasional jaunt on the street. I am not even going to guess what it can do since there are so many variables that determine a quarter mile time. I do know that it will be fast on the street 50-150 mph sprint.
Taking a car to the drag strip does not constitute trashing it out. Motortrend and other magazines almost always test the quarter mile performance for any car they review. Most manufacturers also state the quarter mile ET and speed for sports cars they produce. The quarter mile is a recognized benchmark for how a car actually performs in real world situations. Even with a sub-standard 60 foot time, most people with experience can easily judge how a car measures up.

You mentioned 50 to 150 mph sprints, what are the 60 to 130mph times and 100 to 150mph times for this build? 100 to 150 is a gold standard these days for the GTR fan boys. What about the half mile? Ocala, Florida has another event January 19-20, 2019.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:33 AM
mcantuaria23
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by mcantuaria23; 12-26-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:22 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

well I have received negative opinions from some forum members are have decided to attack my integrity by saying the numbers are exaggerated and that the mustang dyno is very generous with its numbers and that my tuner rigged the numbers up so it would make me happier...and then one guy even said that that not only mustang dynos give inflated numbers but that I will be ok at the track as long as I dont run into a guy with 700 horsepower. All I have done is post what my car did with natural power on Horsepower sales mustang dyno and what it did on Lashways mustang dyno after supercharger install. I am taking the advice of a professional tuner in this case its Josh Isaacs of Lashway Motorsports when he said and explained that I will be ok with the setup I have now and if I want in the future I can add a hi volume fuel pump and bigger injectors. this is not made up. He is a professional tuner and has tuned hundreds of cars and many way over 1000 horsepower. I am taking his recommendation. If anyone of you who criticized his methods are better tuners than he is and have tuned hundreds of cars like him then your word might mean something to me. I went to his shop and its loaded down with LS powered cars from camaros, gto's and corvettes and also lambos. This car has only been on two dynos, horsepower sales mustang dyno natuarlly aspirated where it knocked down 468 rwhp and Lashway motorsports where after the supercharger install knocked down 699 rwhp with 547 ft lbs torque and both are mustang dynos. these numbers are impressive and so is my car. I am looking at the dyno numbers only to see if my 20k investment in my modifications are giving me results and am not just wasting my money.I had a 1200 horsepower mustang that I raced and also won the world of wheels with so I know what power feels like at that level. do you??? how fast have you gone in the quarter mile?? anybody mid 8's?? doubt it. Other than checking to see if my mods are working, I dont give a crap about dynos since most people lie and dont offer up dyno sheets.

I use to belong to the zr1.net registry when I had my zr1 and that group made you feel like a brother. they were always very helpful and many times actually helped members fix there cars. sometimes even arranging to meet at a forum members house, since its a older crowd they have money and own things, to fix problems and install new performance parts free of charge. hardly ever a negative commend just helpful advice and compliments etc.. This is the first time I actually post a supercharger build and publish the actual numbers. Some people did not like my numbers because they were too high. One guy said that the 470 rwhp was too high and I must have the fastest c5 z06 natually aspirated car in the country... a snide remart or a bad attempt at a joke. I am not a pimple faced millenial so I dont like my integrity questioned especially since I made my info so transparent and you can easily check it out if you thought I was lying. It was a mistake to post anything about my car on this site. Instead of offering an atta boy or maybe constructive criticism I found some members just began to question my shop choice, their dyno or everybodys mustang dyno and the tuners ability to tune correctly. I am a paying member on this site so I just dont hang around and post stuff without paying membership fees. I no longer want to talk about my car on this site. Not for a while.

Regards.
why would you take my response as negative or criticism? I don't even know you, what benefit is that to me to call you a liar? I know we're in sensitive times. but there's no other way I can word this scenario to not offend.
The facts are, a stock pump can't do what's being claim here. you need X amount of fuel, to make X amount of horsepower, that's just the law of physics in a combustion engine.
I'm very open to how your tuner has to discovered to overcome this law of physics. It'll be the greatest accomplishment the LS community discovers in the last 21yrs.
you seem passionate about this, so I'll go ahead and say you're not lying about the results you were given. so that leaves two other people. It's either I'm lying (which again i'm open to learn), or it's the professional tuner.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

...And I'll add, thanks for the post and I look forward to the results. Track results in this case. Pick an event and go obtain real world data. Dyno numbers don't prove anything.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:45 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

This is my last entry in this thread. I never thought their would be such petty hate because some of you did not like my dyno results. Quite frankly, I dont give a .... According to one of you I must have the worlds first and only corvette to make 700 hp on a mustang dyno using stock fuel pump with boostapump. then another expert (without credentials) says that the mustang dyno is too generous with numbers. Everybody knows it is the opposite. Then another one thinks he is bid daddy don garlits says it must go down the drag strip to see what it really makes. ET is all about other variables, weight, tires, suspension etc... Only a mile an hour with determine horsepower. Anybody ever go 158 in the quarter mile?? of course not. I went to Ocala this year for the 1/2 mile shootout. anybody else go?? Next 1/2 mile run is not in ocala, it is in immokalee Fla. I might be going. I met a friend today who is well connected and knows Jeremy Formato personally and has a shop ;with a dynojet dyno. I will be going to see what it does on a number happy dynojet. He even said it gives high numbers like all dynojets do. I dont need to prove anything to anybody especially if no one has any credentials like engineering degree, makes a living tuning cars or how about a 7 second NHRA license like I have... no credentials but lots of opinions an demands. This was a sad mistake in thinking that someone who enjoys the same type of car would offer information or any positive advice instead of negative comments accusing the tuner and the mustang dyno of giving false numbers and wanting me to prove it to them. f them. I dont answer to anybody buckwheat. Please post all your cars and a detailed list of things that are on it and send a copy of your dyno and et slips so I can trash the out of all your cars. I am a lone wolf so I dont need any of you. Keep working on your cars and one day you might hit 700 on a mustang dyno too. What a pathetic group. I will keep all information in the future to myself.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:15 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

According to one of you I must have the worlds first and only corvette to make 700 hp on a mustang dyno using stock fuel pump
You are correct. You are the only one IN THE WORLD that made 700whp or 855 to the crank on a LS stock fuel pump.
Please read this thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...mp-limits.html
Old 12-18-2018, 11:18 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

This is my last entry in this thread. I never thought their would be such petty hate because some of you did not like my dyno results. Quite frankly, I dont give a .... According to one of you I must have the worlds first and only corvette to make 700 hp on a mustang dyno using stock fuel pump with boostapump. then another expert (without credentials) says that the mustang dyno is too generous with numbers. Everybody knows it is the opposite. Then another one thinks he is bid daddy don garlits says it must go down the drag strip to see what it really makes. ET is all about other variables, weight, tires, suspension etc... Only a mile an hour with determine horsepower. Anybody ever go 158 in the quarter mile?? of course not. I went to Ocala this year for the 1/2 mile shootout. anybody else go?? Next 1/2 mile run is not in ocala, it is in immokalee Fla. I might be going. I met a friend today who is well connected and knows Jeremy Formato personally and has a shop ;with a dynojet dyno. I will be going to see what it does on a number happy dynojet. He even said it gives high numbers like all dynojets do. I dont need to prove anything to anybody especially if no one has any credentials like engineering degree, makes a living tuning cars or how about a 7 second NHRA license like I have... no credentials but lots of opinions an demands. This was a sad mistake in thinking that someone who enjoys the same type of car would offer information or any positive advice instead of negative comments accusing the tuner and the mustang dyno of giving false numbers and wanting me to prove it to them. f them. I dont answer to anybody buckwheat. Please post all your cars and a detailed list of things that are on it and send a copy of your dyno and et slips so I can trash the out of all your cars. I am a lone wolf so I dont need any of you. Keep working on your cars and one day you might hit 700 on a mustang dyno too. What a pathetic group. I will keep all information in the future to myself.

The following users liked this post:
nullpointer (01-03-2019)
Old 12-19-2018, 01:51 AM
Vette97sc
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Are you sure you have stock fuelpump? If previous owner change pump?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:33 AM
jattz06
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
lmao that is awesome.. so much butthurt
Old 12-19-2018, 10:19 AM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

This is ........... Then another one thinks he is bid daddy don garlits says it must go down the drag strip to see what it really makes. Anybody ever go 158 in the quarter mile?? of course not. .
No, I went 160mph. Even cut my best 1.23 60 ft.... : )

Last edited by junk c5; 12-19-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:25 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

While Mustangs and other 'load bearing' dynos do typically read low, all it takes is changing 1 parameter in the software to make it read whatever you want. I've seen shops do this because customers get so wrapped around the axle about numbers and they try to make it 'match' what a dynojet would read. I get it, but what really matters is getting a baseline/comparison on the same dyno for real comparison purposes. So, it's possible they do something like this and using uncorrected numbers (sea level + cool temps right now). At 450hp, I lost about 40 hp dynojet vs mustang, in my experience.

No need to get butthurt about it, people are just calling things as they see it. The guys are offering solid advice about being on the edge of the stock fuel pump limits. Wait until it's an extra cold morning and it makes more boost and even more power, and now fuel pressure tanks and you run super lean and boom. The car doesn't see fuel pressure or AFR at wide open...it would have no idea it's running poorly. I agree, upgrading the fuel pump would be a very wise move and/or getting a way to monitor fuel pressure if you haven't already. New fuel pump might require a little re-tune on the fueling though, if pressure was already dropping on the stock pump.

Last edited by aaronc7; 12-19-2018 at 11:28 AM.
FourG63 97GST (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

My supercharger install complete... final number. 700!! rwhp at 6200 rpm...
Was there a dyno sheet attached to this build thread?

Old 12-19-2018, 03:44 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

This was a sad mistake in thinking that someone who enjoys the same type of car would offer information or any positive advice instead of negative comments accusing the tuner and the mustang dyno of giving false numbers and wanting me to prove it to them. f them. I dont answer to anybody buckwheat. Please post all your cars and a detailed list of things that are on it and send a copy of your dyno and et slips so I can trash the out of all your cars. I am a lone wolf so I dont need any of you. Keep working on your cars and one day you might hit 700 on a mustang dyno too. What a pathetic group. I will keep all information in the future to myself.
I love cars, and seeing builds personally, but finding information on forums can tricky at times. I'm ok if you find my critique negative. It's worth one person being upset if saves one person motor trying to attempt this stunt, because they read it on the internet. a lot of people come to forums for information. Also the logic of you running 7s in your past life in some other race car, is irrelevant to the C5 platform. 1 + 1 = 2, someone doesn't need to be an engineer, scientist, NHRA top fuel driver, to know a simple equation. The 1 + 1 here is, a C5 + stock pump cannot = 700whp. it's simple mathematics of the horsepower.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:23 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

turbo geek is waiting for a dyno sheet! ha. ha. f yourself punk. I will post nothing on this site anymore. Case is under investigation. I will have an answer but will not post any results or information pertaining to this thread. The car could have a aftermarket pump since I bought it modified anyway from Horsepower Sales. I didn't put one in but it doesn't mean one isn't in there. I will find out everything and that will be the end of it. The guy with the butthurt comment I will say nobody's butt hurts here but maybe he can call his boyfriend and ask him why his butt hurts.

se la vi.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

Old 12-19-2018, 11:05 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

turbo geek is waiting for a dyno sheet! ha. ha. f yourself punk. I will post nothing on this site anymore. Case is under investigation. I will have an answer but will not post any results or information pertaining to this thread. The car could have a aftermarket pump since I bought it modified anyway from Horsepower Sales. I didn't put one in but it doesn't mean one isn't in there. I will find out everything and that will be the end of it. The guy with the butthurt comment I will say nobody's butt hurts here but maybe he can call his boyfriend and ask him why his butt hurts.

se la vi.

NSFW (12-26-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 12:31 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

turbo geek is waiting for a dyno sheet! ha. ha. f yourself punk...

Get notified of new replies

To build finished and new dyno numbers.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

The guy with the butthurt comment I will say nobody's butt hurts here but maybe he can call his boyfriend and ask him why his butt hurts.

Are you 5?
Old 12-20-2018, 08:07 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

The C5 FI community has no issues with reviewing this case that is riddled with fallacies by the OP.

OP has made at least two posts stating the fuel system and 699hp and even mentions it is a fact:
stock fuel pump with boostapump and #60 injectors…
stock fuel pump with boostapump and 60 pound injectors made 699 hp at 11 pounds of boost in a modified stock block ls6 engine on a mustang dyno. that is fact. everybody has an opinion. Mine is fact.
And for good measure:
btw.. no meth or e85.

----
Multiple knowledgeable members noted that a 190lph fuel pump with a boost-a-pump would not provide enough fuel for 699hp. The OP was then offended when he was told that a stock 190lph fuel with a boost-a-pump couldn’t supply enough fuel to make those numbers. Instead he interpreted it to mean they didn’t like his dyno numbers and that they were just giving him their negative opinions.
well I have received negative opinions from some forum members are have decided to attack my integrity by saying the numbers are exaggerated…
…Some people did not like my numbers because they were too high.

-----
Then there was an attempt to place blame again because some people didn’t like the dyno numbers:
I never thought their would be such petty hate because some of you did not like my dyno results.

------
An epithet was added plus an attempted put down:
…I dont answer to anybody buckwheat… What a pathetic group.

-------
There were words meant to incite:
turbo geek is waiting for a dyno sheet! ha. ha. f yourself punk.

--------
Plus ambiguity and some homophobia:
The guy with the butthurt comment I will say nobody's butt hurts here but maybe he can call his boyfriend and ask him why his butt hurts.

Now the OP thinks it will all be forgotten with this comment 7 days later?
The car could have a aftermarket pump since I bought it modified anyway from Horsepower Sales. I didn't put one in but it doesn't mean one isn't in there.
FourG63 97GST (12-21-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:31 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Dang, I only got 635 on a c6z pump, boost a pump, and meth.

Quick Reply: build finished and new dyno numbers.